What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Joat said:
jrry32 said:
El Juggernauto said:
The only position I would give you guys over ours is RB and Secondary. I think our D line is one of the best in the league. You got Luke...who I believe to be the best hands down MLB in the game, but ours is pretty damn good too, and very underrated. I would overall say our LB corp is a push. TE...Olson is great, but we have a solid double threat with Kendrick's and Cook. QB....who the hell knows. Both have looked great and both have sucked. I think it's going to be a good game. But for any of y'all to think you got it in the bag is just dumb.

This is how I'd call it:
QB - Push
HB/FB - Carolina
WR/TE - Push
OL - Push
DL - Push
LB - Carolina
DB - Rams

K/P - Rams
ST - Carolina

I think it's a pretty even game...which means nothing. Both teams are inconsistent. This could be a blowout either way or a close game...no idea what to expect.

I agree the teams are inconsistent and there's no way to know what to expect, but I disagree with a couple ranking. I think our DL is better and deeper. I'd give you the upper hand in CB's, but out S's have been damn good this year.

There's a reason we're the #1 overall D and 2nd scoring D.

I don't know who your K or P are, but Gano is perfect on the year and rarely allows kick returns and the punter Nortman has been very good too. Our only issue this year has been on offense.

I'll give you Safety, hell I would prolly give you CB, but I in no way give you line...maybe we should redefine this. You may stop the run better, but you aren't rushing the passer like us. I don't honestly know your depth so not much I can say. I have seen that Star is a stud tho. But so is Brockers. We have good depth as well with William Hayes and Eugene Sims. Coming in for our rotation. I will admit I'm nervous as shit about stopping your RBs, but your QB and WR do not scare me. We have went against much better this year. We have played Fitz, Boldin and A.Johnson. I think our corners matchup well with your WR. However I tend to think that Olsen is gonna give up fits on 3rd down. Fact is both teams seem to be so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to tell. Should be a good game.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I don't know that much about the Panthers. Like who their top draft picks are. At least they knew we have Austin.

Anonymous

iBruce said:
I don't know that much about the Panthers. Like who their top draft picks are. At least they knew we have Austin.

Tavon was my top choice, I thought he'd be the perfect compliment and eventual replacement for Steve Smith.

My second choice is the guy we landed and a huge reason our D is as good as it is. Star Lotuleilei (DT) has been an absolute stud, 2nd round pick Kwann Short has been very good as well as a 3 tech.

Anonymous

You may stop the run better, but you aren't rushing the passer like us. I don't honestly know your depth so not much I can say. I have seen that Star is a stud tho. But so is Brockers. We have good depth as well with William Hayes and Eugene Sims. Coming in for our rotation. I will admit I'm nervous as shyte about stopping your RBs, but your QB and WR do not scare me. We have went against much better this year. We have played Fitz, Boldin and A.Johnson. I think our corners matchup well with your WR. However I tend to think that Olsen is gonna give up fits on 3rd down. Fact is both teams seem to be so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to tell. Should be a good game.

We're giving up 50 yards less a game on the ground, having faced Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. Our DL is good and deep. You're DL is very good too, like us their the strength of the team. Quinn has 6 sacks and that's very impressive, he's someone I've always like. Long is the son of one of my all time favorites and has earned his way on his own. I'd say pass rush is a push at this point, our DE's get so much attention our SLB had 4 free rushed to the QB this last week- two of which lead to sacks. Cassell's first INT came because our 2nd round rookie was coming at him from straight up the gut.

I think our front 7 is as good as any in the NFL.

As for Cam, he's been fine this year. We would have beaten Seattle if not for a fumble by our RB on the final driver and would have beaten Buffalo if not for a blown coverage on the final play of the game. No moral victories, but Cam isn't our problem. If we can get just a little more consistency out of the O we'll be very good. That kind of comes with the territory with a new OC.

iced

Joat said:
You may stop the run better, but you aren't rushing the passer like us. I don't honestly know your depth so not much I can say. I have seen that Star is a stud tho. But so is Brockers. We have good depth as well with William Hayes and Eugene Sims. Coming in for our rotation. I will admit I'm nervous as shyte about stopping your RBs, but your QB and WR do not scare me. We have went against much better this year. We have played Fitz, Boldin and A.Johnson. I think our corners matchup well with your WR. However I tend to think that Olsen is gonna give up fits on 3rd down. Fact is both teams seem to be so wildly inconsistent that it's hard to tell. Should be a good game.

We're giving up 50 yards less a game on the ground, having faced Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. Our DL is good and deep. You're DL is very good too, like us their the strength of the team. Quinn has 6 sacks and that's very impressive, he's someone I've always like. Long is the son of one of my all time favorites and has earned his way on his own. I'd say pass rush is a push at this point, our DE's get so much attention our SLB had 4 free rushed to the QB this last week- two of which lead to sacks. Cassell's first INT came because our 2nd round rookie was coming at him from straight up the gut.

I think our front 7 is as good as any in the NFL.

As for Cam, he's been fine this year. We would have beaten Seattle if not for a fumble by our RB on the final driver and would have beaten Buffalo if not for a blown coverage on the final play of the game. No moral victories, but Cam isn't our problem. If we can get just a little more consistency out of the O we'll be very good. That kind of comes with the territory with a new OC.

Seattle sucks on the road, Spiller has been hobbled by knee and ankle injuries (he left the game week 2 with a knee injury), and Peterson had 60 yards on 10 carries, playing 2 days after his son died + still had 6 YPC with a terrible QB starting QB. That's good but that's not Great either. Peterson is not 'shutdown' if he's averaging 6 yards a carry, that's his team doing it to him...

I'm not going to claim we shut down arian foster - but i will point out they will losing the entire game. You can almost pretty much concede the run when up by 3 scores or more than 2 possessions late in the game.

I still believe our d-line is better - I like your studly 2 DT's, but I don't see any strong pass rushing depth..Not only do we have Quinn AND Long, but we also have Hayes (8 sacks last year as 3rd rotational DE)..

and yea, you guys can definitely be thrown on - 27th against the pass

Anonymous

You're just making up excuses to dismiss stats and wins- I could easily do the same with you guys, but it's pointless.

The stats are what they are, the teams are what they are. You can try to dress it up or downplay it but we're #1 in D for a reason. We're poor on O for a reason.

What I do find funny is the critisism of Panther fans being ignorant about the Rams, which I won't argue, then seeing Ram fans tear the Panthers apart based on conjecture. I seriously doubt you've seen any Panther games this year, even if so I doubt it's enough to make any knowledgable comments on.

Let's relax the double standard some- I'm not here to talk trash, but to discuss the upcoming games. I can't speak much on the Rams, but I can tell you about the Panthers. I watch most games 3-4 times. The first as a fan, then I re-watch and look at specific areas/players.

I have a lot of respect for the Rams, I like Coach Fisher, I like Bradford (I'm an OU fan), I loved SJax (hate he's in Atl), I love your DE's (Also a UNC fan), I wanted Janoris Jenkins and Austin. You're the only NFC West I like and I'm glad to see that division pull itself out of the pit it was in for several years.

So, tell me what the Rams can do and spare the reasons you don't think the Panther D is as good as advertised.

iced

Joat said:
You're just making up excuses to dismiss stats and wins- I could easily do the same with you guys, but it's pointless.

The stats are what they are, the teams are what they are. You can try to dress it up or downplay it but we're #1 in D for a reason. We're poor on O for a reason.

What I do find funny is the critisism of Panther fans being ignorant about the Rams, which I won't argue, then seeing Ram fans tear the Panthers apart based on conjecture. I seriously doubt you've seen any Panther games this year, even if so I doubt it's enough to make any knowledgable comments on.

Let's relax the double standard some- I'm not here to talk trash, but to discuss the upcoming games. I can't speak much on the Rams, but I can tell you about the Panthers. I watch most games 3-4 times. The first as a fan, then I re-watch and look at specific areas/players.

I have a lot of respect for the Rams, I like Coach Fisher, I like Bradford (I'm an OU fan), I loved SJax (hate he's in Atl), I love your DE's (Also a UNC fan), I wanted Janoris Jenkins and Austin. You're the only NFC West I like and I'm glad to see that division pull itself out of the pit it was in for several years.

So, tell me what the Rams can do and spare the reasons you don't think the Panther D is as good as advertised.

This isn't a double standard..

should I point to the League Leading Sacks from last season as to my point about the d-line (the d-line is intact, a new coordinator).

I try to follow most teams - and my friends teams a bit more (Bills, panthers, cowboys)

Our defense is inconsistent. And like the media, you said the same thing - we don't have a run D. But this is based on 2 games - week 3 and week 4, no one EVER talks about the negative rushing yards the falcons had against us. (this was also before we resigned Dunbar). The teams that we struggle defensively have had a stud at WR..

I have Steve smith on my fantasy team - so I do watch the Panthers from time to time.

Why do I think the Panther D is a mirage? I never said your front 7 is weak - I like your front 7. However, there's no way in hell I'm going to annoit them better than our line who accounted for almost 30 sacks between Long, Quinn,and backup De Hayes. Not to mention Brockers was dominant at the end of last year and has been very good up front.

But when discussing your secondary - where do you think Quintell Mikkel came from? Trust me - Rams fans knows this guys weaknesses....he's a blitzer, you don't want him in coverage.. Secondly you're signing guys off the street and starting them. Drayton Florence is starting opposite Munnerlyn. You guys also let go your best corner (imo) this past off season. I like Kuechly in the middle, kids a stud hands down.

Your offense has been anemic, and like us - not sure what you're getting week to week.

But please don't come on here and pad your back with a win over the Giants - they could do not do anything fundamentally sound at ALL. They couldn't run, pass, pass or run block, defense, and special teams has been real special....like potato special...

Don't think you'll find any Ram fan on here making any claims about any teams that we've beaten - if not for the reason we simply don't know what this team is yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
I agree the teams are inconsistent and there's no way to know what to expect, but I disagree with a couple ranking. I think our DL is better and deeper. I'd give you the upper hand in CB's, but out S's have been damn good this year.

I don't know who your K or P are, but Gano is perfect on the year and rarely allows kick returns and the punter Nortman has been very good too. Our only issue this year has been on offense.

No offense but believing your DL is better and deeper only exposes a lot of bias here. I think calling it a push was more than fair. Robert Quinn has outplayed every player on your DL this year and the Rams still have Chris Long and Michael Brockers behind him. And you want to talk depth? William Hayes and Eugene Sims are excellent depth as rotational players.

The Panthers definitely are NOT better and deeper. I'm calling it a push because Long hasn't been quite as dominant as he usually is vs. the pass and Langford is playing pretty average...plus the Panthers have a darn talented DL in their own right.

But don't push your luck here.

As far as safeties, they fall into the DB category with CBs. Rams clearly are better at CB...Panthers have an edge at safety. Our CBs have a bigger edge than your safeties.

Our Kicker is Greg Zuerlein. He's 9/9 on the year and has the strongest leg in football.

And if we really want to talk stats thus far...I could have went onto claim the Rams superiority at positions I didn't because I was trying to be fair.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good point about the rams run d. There were two backs (Gore and Murray) that had success, no one else has.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:

Nope...I really don't care about stats. I'm not making excuses...I'm ignoring stats period.

I live smack in the middle of Panthers territory. I have to try to avoid Panthers games on Sunday.

What can the Rams do? None of us really know. We don't know what Rams team will show up.

iced

Joat said:

You know I love how you think our D is trashy and yours is so good without thinking how your schedule affects it..

Rams have played:
Arizona
Falcons
Cowboys
Niners
Jax
Houston

The worst offensive team on that list was houston, whom were perennial super bowl favorites. Falcons, Cowboys, niners, hell even Arizona and Jax (since blackmon came back) put up Points. you don't see the giants on there, nor the vikings - the only bad team is Jacksonville.

Wait a minute..you guys didn't shut down the bills running game.

Spiller had 103 yards on 16 carries (6.4), Jackson had 12 for 30 and 1 td...

Lol what is your definition of shutting down? Any day a RB goes for higher than 5 yards a carry is the opposite of shut down... Manuel smoked that secondary.

Panthers schedule:
Seahawks
Buffalo
Giants
Arizona
Minnesota

I only see one good team on that list... and yea, who you play affects how your Defense looks.

Playing Minnesota isn't the same as playing say the Packers, Broncos, chiefs, etc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
El Juggernauto said:
Good point about the rams run d. There were two backs (Gore and Murray) that had success, no one else has.

Arian Foster did. Our run D sucks. Lets be frank about that one. We lack gap discipline. Dunbar helps a lot with attacking the play-side running game which is one reason why Houston had so little success there but our lack of back-side discipline and contain is a major issue.

Our run D needs to get a lot better. Right, it's Brockers, Dunbar and a bunch of guys who don't show up consistently. We need the others to get involved. And we need Janoris to stop making his ole' tackles.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
El Juggernauto said:

I think you have to throw A. Foster into that conversation as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I was obviously late to the party with this one.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He was running good, but didn't have the chance to get the gauty numbers that the other two had.

iced

El Juggernauto said:
He was running good, but didn't have the chance to get the gauty numbers that the other two had.

and the niners run the ball against everyone (except in seattle)

Anonymous

iced said:
Joat said:

You know I love how you think our D is trashy and yours is so good without thinking how your schedule affects it..

Rams have played:
Arizona
Falcons
Cowboys
Niners
Jax
Houston

The worst offensive team on that list was houston, whom were perennial super bowl favorites. Falcons, Cowboys, niners, hell even Arizona and Jax (since blackmon came back) put up Points. you don't see the giants on there, nor the vikings - the only bad team is Jacksonville.

Lol what is your definition of shutting down? Any day a RB goes for higher than 5 yards a carry is the opposite of shut down... Manuel smoked that secondary.

Panthers schedule:
Seahawks
Buffalo
Giants
Arizona
Minnesota

I only see one good team on that list... and yea, who you play affects how your Defense looks.

Playing Minnesota isn't the same as playing say the Packers, Broncos, chiefs, etc.

I never said we shut Spiller down. I said we have a very good rud D and have played against Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. A very talented group of RB's. Only one was able to do anything against us.

Please, tell me what positions you are superior at.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Joat said:
I never said we shut Spiller down. I said we have a very good rud D and have played against Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. A very talented group of RB's. Only one was able to do anything against us.

Bradford is superior to Newton in all stats except rushing yards.

Anonymous

RamzFanz said:
Joat said:

Bradford is superior to Newton in all stats except rushing yards.

He has better stats at this point, that doesn't make him the superior player.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Joat said:

The Rams are 12th in points scored. The Panthers are 24th.

...and our kicker is better!

iced

Joat said:
iced said:
Joat said:

Rams have played:
Arizona
Falcons
Cowboys
Niners
Jax
Houston

Panthers schedule:
Seahawks
Buffalo
Giants
Arizona
Minnesota

QB, D-line, TE, CB, OLB, Kicker, Red Zone offense (3rd in league)