Well, it’s mercifully over...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He certainly does and he does it all year long. It's not just draft time. He will remind you of something you forgot you even said months after saying it and hold it against you. Pretty funny.
*examines multiple OldSchool-isms from years past. Shyte's about to get real....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah i think the Rams are projecting their wallets to open up a bit in 2022. There are several quality OT free agents potentially becoming available next year and IMO this is where we make our move in replacing Big Whit.
AND when we trade up for a real Center!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess by yours and Philly’s take we shouldn’t have an opinion or get excited about the NFL draft because none of us are actual NFL GMs.

Maybe the league should keep it private and the picks shouldn’t be announced until training camp and the order should be hidden because ppl like Philly will get upset if someone doesn’t like the picks or has the audacity to think that they could actually make good picks or even better picks than the GM did in some rounds.

This entire topic is freaking inane. This is a fan forum where people express their opinions. If someone cannot tolerate or is offended by other people’s opinions then this is not the place for them to be, especially during the draft.
No one said anything about having your own opinion. I simply stated that , because drafting is hard, maybe the opinion doesn't need to crap all over Les and Sean as if we have the answers. I challenge you to show me where I criticized anyone for having an opinion. Straight up projection there

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
All this says to me is that scouting and evaluating talent is extremely hard. Which kinda lends to his point in my opinion. If professional and scouts and gms can only get it right 50 percent of the time , why do all of us armchair GM's (myself included) think we have the answers? 90 percent of us only know these players based off of someone else's big board. Guarantee you almost none of us are scouring through hundreds of hours of game film or have any idea of what to even look for if we do watch the 4 or 5 video clips of a prospect on youtube.

Also, us fans tend to be far more scrutinous about GM misses than our own. The same people lambasting the Rams for not picking creed Humphrey are probably forgetting that Blythe outperformed most or all of the rookie centers from last year, for example.
Still dumb to not draft a center or even a guard later on as we have quite a few FAs on the O-line next year with Whit also being a year older. Even if we have people step up, depth still also needs to be filled. Chiefs were a more explosive offensive than us last year and got done in by poor offensive line play and injuries that impacted that in the SB. Smarter to strengthen the trenches as we should want to protect that big investment of a QB we traded a King's ransom for. This FO has shown to be kinda dumb on some O-line approaches (starting B Allen, starting Demby, letting Saffold go) hence the reason we don't trust them saying, hey the O-line will be ok.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still dumb to not draft a center or even a guard later on as we have quite a few FAs on the O-line next year with Whit also being a year older. Even if we have people step up, depth still also needs to be filled. Chiefs were a more explosive offensive than us last year and got done in by poor offensive line play and injuries that impacted that in the SB. Smarter to strengthen the trenches as we should want to protect that big investment of a QB we traded a King's ransom for. This FO has shown to be kinda dumb on some O-line approaches (starting B Allen, starting Demby, letting Saffold go) hence the reason we don't trust them saying, hey the O-line will be ok.
Show me a front office that isn't "dumb" from time to time by their fan's thinking.

P.S. all of last year's rookie centers were AWFUL. and would not have helped us more than the guys on our roster.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
With all I've stated, I'll add that I hope I eat crow about this draft, but just feel confident that I really won't.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Show me a front office that isn't "dumb" from time to time by their fan's thinking.

P.S. all of last year's rookie centers were AWFUL. and would not have helped us more than the guys on our roster.
I've never said that nor am I referring to any FO but our own. Honestly could care less about other FO's. Every position takes time to adjust to the NFL. Not drafting for O-line depth is dumb. You telling me someone can't beat out Demby or that all these other draft picks won't take time (for example anywhere from a few games to a redshirt year) to get better. Also basing positions off of last year's draft proves nothing. Sorry, I just ain't drinking that kool aid at the moment.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never said that nor am I referring to any FO but our own. Honestly could care less about other FO's. Every position takes time to adjust to the NFL. Not drafting for O-line depth is dumb. You telling me someone can't beat out Demby or that all these other draft picks won't take time (for example anywhere from a few games to a redshirt year) to get better. Also basing positions off of last year's draft proves nothing. Sorry, I just ain't drinking that kool aid at the moment.
Okay but my point is every fanbase thinks their FO is "dumb". Even successful ones like ours. And Demby probably won't even make the roster so who cares about him? He's the 11th lineman out of 11.

There's no kool-aid to drink. Most of us are a little worried about this draft. We just don't call our FO "dumb" when they have the 4th best record over the past 4 years

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Okay but my point is every fanbase thinks their FO is "dumb". Even successful ones like ours. And Demby probably won't even make the roster so who cares about him? He's the 11th lineman out of 11.

There's no kool-aid to drink. Most of us are a little worried about this draft. We just don't call our FO "dumb" when they have the 4th best record over the past 4 years
I've only said they've been dumb about the o-line. Now ur stretching it buddy lol. Success from previous drafts guarantees nothing. I'll say it over and over, I hope I'm wrong but I just feel strongly about not being incorrect about this approach. I'll man and admit I'm wrong if that ends up being the case.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I you need to be an NFL coach or GM to voice an opinion then shouldny the same be said about things like play calling or skill level of current nfl players or coaches. I mean by that standard shouldnt we all limit our opinions to how good or bad the uniforms look.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I you need to be an NFL coach or GM to voice an opinion then shouldny the same be said about things like play calling or skill level of current nfl players or coaches. I mean by that standard shouldnt we all limit our opinions to how good or bad the uniforms look.
Nah I'm commenting on everything. lol. Opinions whether correct or incorrect are what makes fan forums awesome.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've only said they've been dumb about the o-line. Now ur stretching it buddy lol. Success from previous drafts guarantees nothing. I'll say it over and over, I hope I'm wrong but I just feel strongly about not being incorrect about this approach. I'll man and admit I'm wrong if that ends up being the case.
lol I hear ya. I would argue that drafting 6 offensive linemen and signing 3 others over the previous four years isn't being dumb about the offensive line. The Rams like developing their talent on the roster. If they like what they like then I don't think it's dumb. We thought it was dumb that they only drafted one in the 7th last year and they were the most improved line in the nfl last year. So maybe they know what they're doing. Remains to be seen perhaps.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a huge difference between having an opinion and having a "I know better than the pros" take. For example, I try very hard to say a player is playing poorly vs the player "sucks" since I could never do 1/100th of what they do lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest problem was not grabbing a solid C prospect.

Many of us here were concerned about the position during last draft.
So, we go into '20 with Blythe and call it good enough.
It wasn't good enough.

This draft, I'm thinking "we have to grab a solid C prospect, Right"?
Wrong again.

I just hope the plan this coaching staff has at the position, pans out better than last year.

Other than that, I was ok with the draft in general.
I don't see any of these guys making an impact on offense or defense, much at all this year.
Hopefully we did enough to shore up our flailing STs, though.

As far as Atwell. Man. His size is a serious concern.
I hope it works out.
But what's the difference between an unknown center prospect and a young guy who is already on the roster that the Rams have seen in practice and like? I don't think either should be looked at any differently honestly

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
lol I hear ya. I would argue that drafting 6 offensive linemen and signing 3 others over the previous four years isn't being dumb about the offensive line. The Rams like developing their talent on the roster. If they like what they like then I don't think it's dumb. We thought it was dumb that they only drafted one in the 7th last year and they were the most improved line in the nfl last year. So maybe they know what they're doing. Remains to be seen perhaps.
Yes it definitely remains to be seen. I just wish they didn't heavily rely on late draft picks and UDFA lineman to fill out the O-line depth. Saffold was our last pro bowl level lineman and he was drafted in the 2nd round. We should invest better draft capital for lineman from time to time instead of WR 2 years in a row.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There's a huge difference between having an opinion and having a "I know better than the pros" take. For example, I try very hard to say a player is playing poorly vs the player "sucks" since I could never do 1/100th of what they do lol
I think it's very hard to have an opinion and it not be I know better because typically opinions that don't align with the Rams thinking do just that. We are all using our own logic on how things will play out. Some of us get it right and the Rams get it wrong or we get it completely wrong and the Rams knock it out the park. Only time will tell.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes it definitely remains to be seen. I just wish they didn't heavily rely on late draft picks and UDFA lineman to fill out the O-line depth. Saffold was our last pro bowl level lineman and he was drafted in the 2nd round. We should invest better draft capital for lineman from time to time instead of WR 2 years in a row.
I agree to an extent. I was on the offensive line train this year (Walker Little, James Hudson, Kendrick Greene were "my guys"). For what it's worth, weren't David Edwards and Joe Noteboom 3rd round picks? Not bad. and as far as the wide receivers go, I think that the Rams just decided that they could not survive as an offense without a vertical deep threat. and not only is DeSean Jackson not healthy most of the time but he's also in his thirties so he is in a long-term solution. Maybe the Rams just saw Atwell as the future of that version of their offense. if they start drafting wide receivers over offensive lineman next year though I'm going to lose my mind.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I agree to an extent. I was on the offensive line train this year (Walker Little, James Hudson, Kendrick Greene were "my guys"). For what it's worth, weren't David Edwards and Joe Noteboom 3rd round picks? Not bad. and as far as the wide receivers go, I think that the Rams just decided that they could not survive as an offense without a vertical deep threat. and not only is DeSean Jackson not healthy most of the time but he's also in his thirties so he is in a long-term solution. Maybe the Rams just saw Atwell as the future of that version of their offense. if they start drafting wide receivers over offensive lineman next year though I'm going to lose my mind.
Yeah at the end of the day, I'm going to root my ass off for all our newly drafted players as well the current ones. I'm with you though that I'll probably flip out more if we don't invest in o-lineman next year.

Tano

Legend

I wouldn't say they were awful. I would say they are unproven. Give a center at minimum two to three years before ruling him out.

The Washington Center hardly played his first year and now he is one of the better centers in the league.

And I really wanted the Rams to draft him when he came out. However, we got Seabass instead of him. Seabass or a center who might be really good.

I would still have gone with the center in hindsight.