Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Ok, so let's hear your plan, smart guy. Let's see if you can do any better than Corbin's "let's trade him to Miami and hope a guy like Wilson is there in the third round" plan.

C'mon, you can do it. You know that all our problems are due to Goff and he needs to go, so tell me how you are going to make it happen and how you are going to fill that vacancy. For a man of your towering intellect, it should be easy.

Come on dude, you said by what standard was his play horrible in 2018 and I just laid out his last 8 games for you. No need to get butt hurt because you didn't realize it was that bad.

I'm honestly not sure how to fix it. Has to start with the o-line, and McVay needs to tweak his offense big time. 6-1 gave us tons of trouble again tonight. But we have no cap space and no draft capital so that should answer your question for you.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams aren’t allowed to have mobile QBs. Org is determined to have statues at qb. Everett. Warner. Bulger. Bradford. Goff. None of these guys could escape the pocket.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Wentz sharks start circling when Goffs blood is in the water....

MachS

Hall of Fame
Goff won the championship game in New Orleans with his throws to tie and then eventually win the game in overtime. You have a pea sized memory.

Read my above post I gave him credit for the NO game, he played great. But does that excuse the other 7? We cant keep living in the past...oo he played great in New Orleans...o he was dominant against the Chiefs....o he was unstoppable against the Vikings. These things are all true but there has been MUCH more bad play than good play. Like I said look at his last 18 games there's really no argument.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My friends, I have never ever left a Rams game early. I left at the end of the 3rd quarter. I had the Metro to myself. Gutted tonight.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Horrible for 1/3 of 2018? Yes, our offense did slow down in the latter part of the year (not coincidentally when Gurley's knee started giving him trouble). The Rams went 4-2 in their last six regular season games, and scored over 30 points four different times. That's what you call horrible? Then they won two playoff games, including an NFC Championship game in a hostile environment, with Goff making two very clutch throws in OT with defenders right in his face to get us into position for GZ's game winning FG. At the end of regulation he drove the Rams down again to tie the game.

By what standard is that horrible?

You can't talk sense to these people. Their minds are made up.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
2nd quarter...i say to my 4 year old....its not always about winning, these Rams have to fight and make it a game. Sucks to get stomped.

Kind of miss the 4-3 defense.

I always hated the 3-4, and Wade's has been exposed. Check his pattern in history. Good for one or two years then starts to fail. The 3-4 is better against the pass than the run. But the Rams seem to be running a 3 -3 - 5 more often then not.

Good coaches adapt to the talent, see the Ravens, vs forcing a scheme. You can draft, sign players that fit your scheme, but you gotta know how to work with what you have.

rambro29

UDFA
The Rams were embarrassed in every phase of the game . Do they even care at this point ? Who knows . The mirage of boy wonders offense has been exposed and couldn't muster more than 3 points in Pittsburgh and couldn't break 7 points against a prevent defense for an entire half tonight.
The penalties in the red zone tonight were killers unless you think like Booger who said 2nd and 10 would be an advantage to the Rams high powered offense over 2nd and 5 . I almost spit my beer out laughing at that analysis. 3-5 in the last 8 games with wins over putrid Bungels , a sinking Falcons team at the time , and the Bears(thanks to their kicker)who's offense is even worse than ours . The Bungels had 400 yards against this paper defense. I knew when Winston put 55 on them , this defense couldn't hold up against an average team . Everyone thought Ramsey flipped a switch and made the D a top 5 . Woops
Now you have to find money to pay him (if he's even interested now) , and try to fill numerous holes with no quality picks for years . Goff is average at best when he has a pocket and he's here to stay with an enormous contract . Donald is a Hall of Fame talent , but he's only human when they game plan and double and triple team him . Enormous contract too . Paying Ramsey an enormous contract with Hill on the other side , is like buying a new sports car when you can't afford gas to put in it .
The most sickening and concerning thing is how well the 49ers and Ravens have a team built for the long haul . I think everyone is afraid to admit how sad the future looks for the Rams right now . You can't win with 3 great players although Donald is all I consider to be great . Again , how in the hell can a super bowl team built for the foreseeable future do a complete 180 in less than 9 months ?
I'm too damn old to go through another stretch of losing seasons like the past 3 decades. If anyone can point a silver lining after tonight , I'm all ears . I don't see a fire being lit in them after this spanking in prime time . Way too many problems to fix in a week. We've all seen what boy wonder does with 2 weeks to prepare . Gives the guys a week off and put new offensive(has 2 meanings if you think about it) game plan in that averages 3 points . The Dolphins can score more .
I hope the hell I'm wrong and will gladly come back and eat all the crow there is , but after watching the Rams for nearly 50 years I don't like what I see . That's all I got so go ahead and rip it apart because I don't really give a good F at this point .
I couldnt have said it any better...wow. its incomprehensible what this mess has become.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team has mortgaged the future with it's go for it now mentality and left zero flexibility financially. We are forced to rebuild weak areas, like the OL, with mid round draft picks and no money.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I'v learned from Eagles fans just to let this go. Wentz is getting all the blame himself too. I hope some of you enjoy your group therapy session. Make sure to have a conversation on the 5 straight touch down drives by Lamar, a botched/tipped pass by Kupp and a complete whiff on a block by Gerald Everett. I'm sure it should be enlightening. Have a great night.
Booger was right about TEs blocking pass rushers though. That was bad scheme, Everett lost before the snap.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, lol at the thread headings on the first page.

Maybe some of these guys should start supporting the ravens or some other team with a running qb.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
OK they beat us period. I still hate the way refs/rules have such an impact. Sure looked like a fumble even by todays dumb rules. Did the show the block in the back on littlrton during LJax cartoon like scramble to the 1 on the 3rd TD drve? It was clear as day watching live

I saw tons of non calls, holding and blocks in the backs on many of the Ravens drive. Just one on the Rams. Confirmed many in the replays too. Felt like we were playing the Pats.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bright side: we are nicely set up to play the spoiler role.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Well the only good thing for me is I do not have to watch it. Put myself through it. I work nights and record the games. So I avoid hearing about the score so I can wake up and watch it.
Now, clicked on Yahoo and there was a picute of lamar with "Debut for the Ages" headline. t went downhill from there.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Haha. I cant say I didn't expect this. Pur offense anemic and I dont even understand what our defensive game plan was but damn wade

It wasn't too bad since the Ravens are an apex predator. Giving up 55 to the Suckaneers was worse.

TexasRam

Legend
The NFL has never been a running QB league and it never will be.

What people fail to see is the O-line that the Ravens runners are running behind.

We have a high school O-line squad compared to that group. But we will be back next year when we rebuild it.

The way Harbaugh runs up the score and keeps running his QB is shameful. It will catch up to him. Lamar will never develop in the pocket and face the same fate as all the rest of these flash in the pan running QB's. Mark my words, i've watched this game for 40 years. Lamar will never see another year like this.

The last two years Mcvay always pulled his players and ran the clock out rather than running up the score. Harbaugh is being a complete idiot and it will ruin him and his QB.

Mark MY WORDS.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mcvay has a lot of work to do on his offense. I've never seen so many 3rd and longs. Something's not right there.

You can't blame one thing. It's a collective problem.

The Ramowl

Starter
Sometimes, when your team is headed the wrong path, the best thing is to get hit in the face really hard rather than getting by on being mediocre but above average.
Now we have to look at ourselves.

My problem is the off the field dynamic. What effect does a guy like Ramsey have on the team when it starts losing?

I still trust McVay, I think the momentum he was riding is dead and now he needs to go back to establishing a new identity. He's a smart guy and I think he is still to shelf, he'll find new things. The coaching staff needs restructuring, and I'm starting to think we have way too much talent on defense for this and that Wade needs to be replaced.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
So we can look forwards to the off season and rebuilding this mess through the draft. Oh wait...we have no draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.