Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Russell Wilson has had success year in and year out. Playing with:

Below average WRs, no name RBs, a bad OL, and now an OC that we ridiculed when he was the Rams OC.

Goff is nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near the level of Russell Wilson. Not even close.

So why is he paid close to what Wilson is?

We can bang our heads against the wall all day long - yes, position groups everywhere can have a bad game from time to time - including the QB - but you pay a QB that money because they are capable of overcoming bad games by other groups. Goff has shown flashes last year, but this year he's been horrific - and Wilson has played behind worse OLs with worse WRs and RBs than what Goff has had this year (as have other QBs).

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How about we give some credit to the Ravens O, who have done this to everyone this season btw.
I will give their OL credit they are good at tackling, better than our DL. The Rams probably lose that game even with unbiased officiating, but it would have been entertaining if the ravens werent allowed to do whatever it takes to stop the D from making a play.

Watching it live, it was obvious the officials wanted to make sure the Rams got blown out. Too many no calls and then the fumble was the most egregious bad call I have ever seen. He turned, tucked the ball away and took steps all of which I thought were football moves. Then the ball gets punched out and they said it was incomplete because he didnt make a football move. I could see if the defender hit the ball as he was making the catch, but the defender wasnt close enough to do that. The no call on the DPI on Cooks seemed pretty obvious as well. Blocks in the back to spring punt returns and runs all night long. Yes the Rams stunk up the joint but I think the officials were just bad if not worse.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Can't add much that hasn't been said.

I said in the game thread , which I never participate in, that the team in general, and Goff in particular ( shit oline notwithstanding), stunk. Which they did. I also said, and still think, (as I'm floating down a river in Egypt), that he will get better, maybe much, much better, but has a ways to go.

McVay may have to rethink a lot of stuff, (and get some REAL help - losing Olsen AND Lefleur AND Taylor hurt us a lot imo), and I would not be sad to see Wade enjoy some well deserved leisure time. And go back to a 4-3 - never liked the 3-4, as it takes special and unique talent at key positions, which we do not have.

The "we don't have any draft picks" rant is getting old. We don't have a first for two years, but those are in the 20-25 range, and not premium. I do agree we have no money, but the only bad gamble was Gurley - shit happens - and totally agree with Goff's (and Ramsey's future) deal. And hope and pray he's not Flacco, who got paid and turned into a pos. Once a few more QBs sign, his contract will be forgotten.

Again, all this has been said, but I am watching the rest of the year with a lot of interest to see how this team, and individual players, respond to what is obviously a lost season. Aside - Rams have scored 55 points in their last 6, (SIX!) games. I don't think we win 2 more games.

On a more subjective note, this team has lost it's swagger, fire, desire or whatever. Guess the SB hangover is a real thing. Or an LA thing. Or whatever, and despite being 3-0, you could see it from the outset. Just not our year.

(For not adding much, I sure talk a lot).
Still watching, still rooting, and still optimistic! (just not so much this year) :palm:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would say that Snead/ McVay/ Wade are having problems getting their salary cap $$$ worth out of our top key veterans .......

Jared Goff $10.7 million gets a pay raise to $36 million in 2020
Todd Gurley $9.2 mil gets a pay raise to $17.3 million in 2020
Brandon Cooks $15.3 million pay raise to $16.9 million in 2020
Dante Fowler $12 million
Andrew Whitworth's near $17 million
Rob Havenstein $8.3 million
Todd Gurley's $9.2 million
Eric Weddle $6.3 million

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now we know the reason why we lost
You brought your wife to watch the game with you
Bad move
I tried that too
It was Super Bowl XXXVI
You know how that went. She has been barred from watching the games ever since.
It’s okay, Dang. You had no idea about the “Curse of the Non-Football Watching Wife”
But now you know! :D

It seems she must have binge watched the rams in another room between 2005 to 2016.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This defense is rollin right now they’ve embarrassed the last 3 teams they played. They were prepared for the ram run game which was the only shot the rams had to stay in this game. But I don’t get why Booger came out taking shots at Goff, it was 3rd and long in the Rams end and they threw a screen. Booger says that tells you how they feel about their qb throwing a screen in that situation, and proceeds to go on about the contract.
TG has 20 yds rushing, the Ravens were like 85% on 3rd down, they punted once, I think, but let’s talk about the contract. Goff wasn’t good and neither was anybody else. Peters made a hell of a play on that pick on what was a pretty good throw. That seemed to be a theme, how much money the Rams were paying out, which seemed weird. Higbee catches a pass and we talk about his extension, I don’t get it.
I’ve heard comparisons between Wentz and Goff and Wentz is said to be better hands down, Wentz is having a bad year, inconsistency and injury have had an affect on the eagles. Wentz is in the same neighborhood as Goff contract wise but no one says anything about the money he makes. Wentz has no running game, the o line has been bad and his receivers have been injured. He’s getting stripped and throwing picks but I haven’t heard a single comment on the money he makes.
Rogers got embarrassed by the niners and he’s a former mvp Super bowl champ.
Maybe after Mahomes signs this will go away.

I'm pretty sure the announcers were told that this was the story line they were gonna have to follow for the game. There's no ad lib thoughts coming out of their mouth, it's all planned before the game.

Although it did draw a laugh out of me when he said that (this is what the rams think of their qb) even though Gurley ran for 12 yards on the play and almost got the 1st down. It was probably the dumbest thing I'd heard up to that point in the game. He kept out doing himself throughout the game.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well its tuesday afternoon and I've had time to sober up, reflect on last night, make bail, and then start drinking again.

With the ravens rushing 12 of their first 15 plays and averaging over 8 yards a pop it was clear to any semi observant viewer that that was their game plan. Hell, even after their center went down they didnt miss a beat. Yet during the 2nd td drive I couldnt see any noticeable adjustments. At least none that were making an improvement.

Did we ever have a lineup of day gaines donald brockers and fox.

I know we all saw clay get fooled at least twice on the rpo as lamar scrambled outside of where clay was supposed to be and there were plays where the middle if the field behind the line was wide open.

My question to wade and mcvay is what adjustments were made. Maybe they answered that in a press conference.

Once again they abandoned the run game way too early. I think it was halfway through the first quarter this time. I just dont see how why they keep going back to what hasnt worked in our losses when its been a known fact for 2 and a half years that gurley needs to get the ball. Did they forget about last week already?

The coaching last night was baffling and I'd like to hear the original game plan and then what adjustmments were made because both were god awful.

As some of you know i make all my posts from my phone and with stupid fukcingh auto correct it can be a pain in the ass so ill finish up with Goff.

I love the guy. Last year his games against the vikes seahawks cheifs and others were off the charts. However, he still keeps making unforced bad decisions like throwing into triple coverage last night or throwing a bomb to a well covered cooks on 2nd and 8. On 2nd and 2 or 3, ok, but not there.

And i get it that the line is bad and mcvays playcalling hasnt been helpful alot of the time but man, these are un forced errors when you have the time or maybe under a little heat but still make a bad decision or bad throw. That's on him. I hope he can dial those down.

He fumbles the ball almost every other time he's sacked and 11 tds vs 12 picks and no tds since i cant remember is horrible anyway you want to lipstick it. There are a bunch of gbs we make fun of with better stats and how many of us would have laughed at those numbers at the beginning of the year.

The bottom line for me is the lack of successful coaching adjustments and i want hear what adjustments were made.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Russell Wilson has had success year in and year out. Playing with:

Below average WRs, no name RBs, a bad OL, and now an OC that we ridiculed when he was the Rams OC.

Goff is nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near the level of Russell Wilson. Not even close.

So why is he paid close to what Wilson is?

We can bang our heads against the wall all day long - yes, position groups everywhere can have a bad game from time to time - including the QB - but you pay a QB that money because they are capable of overcoming bad games by other groups. Goff has shown flashes last year, but this year he's been horrific - and Wilson has played behind worse OLs with worse WRs and RBs than what Goff has had this year (as have other QBs).

Don't even know where to start.

1. The league sets the QB salaries - has fuck all to do with Goff's play vs Wilson.
2. Wison is the best QB in the league, and oh btw, is a runner. Goff isn't. Apples and Oranges.
3. His Olines have not always been shit. Ours, otth, IS shit this year.
4. His defence took him to his 2 Superbowls.
5. He didn't need top WRs because no one can cover for 6 seconds while he's running around.
6. Schotty is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being even a PART of the reason for Seattle's success.

I still like JG, and think he'll improve, but he is simply never going to be a Brady, Rodgers, Manning etc, etc, etc. I can live with that.

He may have been overdrafted, but in 3 years, his salary isn't going too look so huge, and besides - it's a done deal. Why bitch about it - total waste of time.

Instead, why don't you tell us what you would have done differently at the QB position this year.
Waited a year? OK fair enough. Waited two years? OK.

But how do you insure that you end up with someone better? Easy - you can't.

Ellard80

Legend
I would say that Snead/ McVay/ Wade are having problems getting their salary cap $$$ worth out of our top key veterans .......

Jared Goff $10.7 million gets a pay raise to $36 million in 2020
Todd Gurley $9.2 mil gets a pay raise to $17.3 million in 2020
Brandon Cooks $15.3 million pay raise to $16.9 million in 2020
Dante Fowler $12 million
Andrew Whitworth's near $17 million
Rob Havenstein $8.3 million
Todd Gurley's $9.2 million
Eric Weddle $6.3 million

PLAYERPOSITIONCAP HITCAP%
Jared GoffQB$36,042,68317.38%
Aaron DonaldDT$25,000,00012.05%
Todd GurleyRB$17,250,0008.32%