VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But I am acknowledgiimpact of losing in this league. You can say "well we know we're going to be going uphill this year" but as the losses mount and things unravel you can never be sure your job is safe when you lose for two consecutive years. In fact if he wasn't Sean McVay his ass would have entered the season on the hotseat with the owner.

Only thing I'll insist on is that if Kroenke decides to make a clean break, which again is possible is all I'm saying if the losses mount, he has to make sure he hires a replacement that is on par with the level McVay has raised this organization to. Firing him and then taking a shot on some coordinator is iffy at best. If you fire him then you call Harbaugh's agent and tell him that you're gonna be his employer next year and you have a high pick, choice of GM, fine ass stadium, and the blank check to prove it.
Jim Harbaugh? Wow!

TXRams86

The Infamous
I get all that. I wasn't running around saying we'd contend before the season, and figured 7 wins with a plus/minus was fair given the roster.

But I am acknowledging the impact of losing in this league. You can say "well we know we're going to be going uphill this year" but as the losses mount and things unravel you can never be sure your job is safe when you lose for two consecutive years. In fact if he wasn't Sean McVay his ass would have entered the season on the hotseat with the owner.

Only thing I'll insist on is that if Kroenke decides to make a clean break, which again is possible is all I'm saying if the losses mount, he has to make sure he hires a replacement that is on par with the level McVay has raised this organization to. Firing him and then taking a shot on some coordinator is iffy at best. If you fire him then you call Harbaugh's agent and tell him that you're gonna be his employer next year and you have a high pick, choice of GM, fine ass stadium, and the blank check to prove it.
Sorry man, didn't mean to insinuate you said or thought anything before the season. Or that McVay is untouchable.

You're absolutely right, if McVay hadn't just won us a Super Bowl he should have entered this season on the hot seat after last year. Hell he might have even 'retired' if we had lost that Super Bowl. The way we've been losing these games and some of the decisions being made would put a lot of head coaches on the hot seat.

Also agree that on the off chance we move on from McVay you've gotta go for a top flight candidate. A proven winner, leader and someone who can help build a Super Bowl contending roster.

I fucking HATE the 49ers but I can't help but be a little jealous at how they always seem to be in contention since Shannahan got there. Even during their injury riddled seasons they always came to play. Yet we can't even win against a hobbled Cincinatti team or a Steelers team calling for their OC's head.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Blow it up already. Rams aren't winning another Super Bowl with their high paid Core of Players. Stafford should retire. Donald may retire as well. Time for a new approach.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He had 7-9 talent to work with then. This is 4-13 talent that he and Sneed have assembled.
The defense is Donald and JAG’s.
The oline has gotten worse all year. Ask Stafford
There’s no longer receivers running wide open anymore.
Aaron Donald and the JAGs have actually played well all things considered. The defense was gutted this offseason, and the offense was supposed to be carrying this team and they have not.

Offensive play-calling, scheme, and tendencies have been just as much, if not MORE of an issue than personnel. When did play-action passes become a dirty word? Why are they still running 11 personnel so much? The plays seem so predictable, yet the team continues to focus upon outsmarting defenders rather than just being physical.

That 4th and inches call to Skowronek says it all.:explode1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sorry man, didn't mean to insinuate you said or thought anything before the season. Or that McVay is untouchable.

You're absolutely right, if McVay hadn't just won us a Super Bowl he should have entered this season on the hot seat after last year. Hell he might have even 'retired' if we had lost that Super Bowl. The way we've been losing these games and some of the decisions being made would put a lot of head coaches on the hot seat.

Also agree that on the off chance we move on from McVay you've gotta go for a top flight candidate. A proven winner, leader and someone who can help build a Super Bowl contending roster.

I fucking HATE the 49ers but I can't help but be a little jealous at how they always seem to be in contention since Shannahan got there. Even during their injury riddled seasons they always came to play. Yet we can't even win against a hobbled Cincinatti team or a Steelers team calling for their OC's head.
Dude really? Envy that piece of shit team that hasn't won shit in almost 30 years? Fuck them

Ellard80

Legend
we have about 4 good players on the team.

When stafford was out today we all knew this was a loss.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
3 points offensive genius? = don’t jive… Thats crazy to soak up. I am done calling McVay a genius. He is not good with QB’s that have no xp… This game showed…

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This team is running the risk of alienating an already thin fanbase with this approach.

I agree with this - and it’s ridiculous that after the last 5 years, that it is the case. Going to 2 SBs, winning 1, and we still don’t know whose house it is.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Dude really? Envy that piece of shit team that hasn't won shit in almost 30 years? Fuck them
I get it, I really do. And it pains me to even say that. They've been to a Super Bowl themselves and in 3 of the past 5 conference championships. We have a leg up with our Super Bowl win but its hard to argue they don't look better equipped to compete this season and possibly next. They're a well run team who built there team a different way.

Now with all that being said and feeling filthy - FUCK THEM.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
3 points offensive genius? = don’t jive… Thats crazy to soak up. I am done calling McVay a genius. He is not good with QB’s that have no xp… This game showed…
He's not good with qbs who aren't #1 overall picks or kirk cousins. The qbs elevate him..not the other way around.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
1) GB is not that good a team.
2) The Rams could only dream of being that good right now.

Defense showed me stuff in the second-half that I honestly was surprised by. Too bad it came on a day when every one of us knew we wouldn't get shit from the offense starting a Tier 8 QB.

I knew they'd lose and I'm still fucking pissed...

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Please holy fate, draft Brock Bowers or trade for Kyle Pitts in the off-season; we need an actually good tight end.
Higbee and Allen couldn't block air today as demonstrated by their numerous whiffs and prat-falls.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I fucking HATE the 49ers but I can't help but be a little jealous at how they always seem to be in contention since Shannahan got there.
SF will start getting tired of Shanny at some point if they get bounced again from this year's playoffs. Which I think is likely.

When you continuously come up short at any position we fans tire of it. And so do owners. Rams come up short on the lines. SF comes up short at QB. In the end it's all the same, but if I'm saying McVay might get the boot when he won a Super Bowl you can imagine what I think of Shanahan.

Another element at play here is oversaturation of the WCO in this league. Everyone is running some form of it I'd think, or damn near. Just like with defensive strategems when that happens the league becomes good vs that system and the churn starts to occur. Seattle's defense reigned supreme for years before the pass games finally adjusted to destroy it and we saw the rise of two safety looks.

Where McVay is so great is staying ahead of the trends. But I am so fucking tired of losing in the trenches. Honestly. So tired of it.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He's not good with qbs who aren't #1 overall picks or kirk cousins. The qbs elevate him..not the other way around.
Goff was a numero uno failed with him. In fact jettisoned him and Goff playing his best football under Campbell…McVay is getting iffy in my eyes…

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My dear friends: Our most hated team the 49's went through 4 shit seasons before becoming what they are now.
2015-2016 Record 5-11
2016-2017 Record 2-14
2017-2018 Record 6-10
2018-2019 Record 4-12
We are having to reload after the Superbowl win and it's going to be a few years of pain before we get back to the top of the mountain.

Ellard80

Legend
besides jared goff who had no EXP and mentored to back to back over 100 rating seasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.