VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I'm just hoping they lose every single gm so we can get a new franchise player.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's fun running that credit card to the limit, but it sucks the big , wet willy wonker playing it all back.

TXRams86

The Infamous
This is going to be very unpopular, but I've sorta found myself hoping McVay decides to go the TV Booth this upcoming offseason.
If that situation played out I wouldn't be mad if we were able to land Harbaugh. Though I would have, in the back of my head, this thought that McVay's words were all bullshit about not breaking during tough times. This will be his second consecutive losing season if things continue going the way they have been and jumping ship would be cowardly.

TXRams86

The Infamous

Always talks about execution, never talks about changes to the scheme or personnel groupings. It's always "if our players had executed my excellent system we would have done better." Add in "we'll look for some things we can do better and differently" but rolls out the same bullshit every week. Maybe someone should tell him that the problem MIGHT be his commitment to his current offensive scheme and the scrubs he tries to run it with. I don't think I've seen an individual so stubborn and hard headed say so much that means so little. You can ask ChatGPT to give you these same responses.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Always talks about execution, never talks about changes to the scheme or personnel groupings. It's always "if our players had executed my excellent system we would have done better." Add in "we'll look for some things we can do better and differently" but rolls out the same bullshit every week. Maybe someone should tell him that the problem MIGHT be his commitment to his current offensive scheme and the scrubs he tries to run it with. I don't think I've seen an individual so stubborn and hard headed say so much that means so little. You can ask ChatGPT to give you these same responses.
Zero accountability.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
While I definitely agree to most of what you say and believe me I am thrilled McVay is the Rams Head Coach! And, I greatly admit that it is really VERY STUPID for me to question any moves (Or, Non-Moves) made by McVay but I just don’t understand why the Rams would not want a veteran Backup QB when I think there were a lot of legitimate concerns about Stafford staying healthy all year. I can’t tell you who but I would like to think there was a more qualified veteran that the Rams might have signed to their roster. And, I know everyone will answer it easy to use hindsight after the fact but I just don’t think Stafford having to miss time is a shock to too many fans! I certainly hope Stafford remains the Rams starting QB next season BUT I also certainly hope the Rams have a better Backup!
I agree. Heinecke, Mayfield, White, Dobbs, etc.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 and 18 since the Super Bowl. 30% win percentage
That doesn’t happen to good/great coaches
I believe the operative phrase here is horse shit. I want him to have less input in the draft and give up play calling. But not gonna go with the narrative he's not a good coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is going to be very unpopular, but I've sorta found myself hoping McVay decides to go the TV Booth this upcoming offseason.
Heads roll when teams lose. We lost last season. This season we're gonna lose a lot more in any game where Stafford cannot go because when you remove his quality we see this OL clearly.

If the Rams end up with a high pick it is certainly possible we get a cleanout of the coach and front office. And for the first time I have to say I am not averse to it.

McVay will go on to somewhere else and kick ass. Which will piss me off. But if we're a top franchise the owner has to operate with high standards so even a top coach is not above this general truth of this league.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
8 and 18 since the Super Bowl. 30% win percentage
That doesn’t happen to good/great coaches

Hot take. Curious, who's the youngest HC to ever make the Superbowl? And who's the youngest to win one?

I'm sure you can find plenty of coaches in the HOF who had at least two terrible seasons. I can think of a few off the top of my head. Giving up on McVay twenty one months after he led this team to a Lombardi is insane. To suggest he isn't good or great might be worse.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay clearly sees value in familiarity with the offense. He wants guys who he knows and who have had time with the offense even if better talent is out there - and it is

Look at Dobbs coming in with less than a week of practice for Min, look what Baker did for us last year. He is overvaluing familiarity.
It seems most of the league has familiarity with our offense.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Heads roll when teams lose. We lost last season. This season we're gonna lose a lot more in any game where Stafford cannot go because when you remove his quality we see this OL clearly.

If the Rams end up with a high pick it is certainly possible we get a cleanout of the coach and front office. And for the first time I have to say I am not averse to it.

McVay will go on to somewhere else and kick ass. Which will piss me off. But if we're a top franchise the owner has to operate with high standards so even a top coach is not above this general truth of this league.
Based on what came out from Kevin Demoff before the season began, McVay is running this team the way he is with the blessing of Kroenke. I have to believe that this was always the plan and they tried to warn us. Does it excuse the product they've put out on the field, absolutely not. This team hasn't looked competitive for most of the season and us as fans are seeing nothing new to give us optimism for next season. This team is running the risk of alienating an already thin fanbase with this approach. And this isn't even introducing the possibility that all of this blows up in McVay's face. We could be equally as terrible next season, we aren't going to fix everything through the draft and free agency. Our problems run deeper than the players we have.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Based on what came out from Kevin Demoff before the season began, McVay is running this team the way he is with the blessing of Kroenke. I have to believe that this was always the plan and they tried to warn us. Does it excuse the product they've put out on the field, absolutely not. This team hasn't looked competitive for most of the season and us as fans are seeing nothing new to give us optimism for next season. This team is running the risk of alienating an already thin fanbase with this approach. And this isn't even introducing the possibility that all of this blows up in McVay's face. We could be equally as terrible next season, we aren't going to fix everything through the draft and free agency. Our problems run deeper than the players we have.
I get all that. I wasn't running around saying we'd contend before the season, and figured 7 wins with a plus/minus was fair given the roster.

But I am acknowledging the impact of losing in this league. You can say "well we know we're going to be going uphill this year" but as the losses mount and things unravel you can never be sure your job is safe when you lose for two consecutive years. In fact if he wasn't Sean McVay his ass would have entered the season on the hotseat with the owner.

Only thing I'll insist on is that if Kroenke decides to make a clean break, (which again is possible is all I'm saying if the losses mount) he has to make sure he hires a replacement that is on par with the level McVay has raised this organization to. Firing him and then taking a shot on some coordinator is iffy at best. If you fire him then you call Harbaugh's agent and tell him that you're gonna be his employer next year and you have a high pick, choice of GM, fine ass stadium, and the blank check to prove it.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Dude has his worst two seasons after a great five year run and fans want him canned. Hilarious.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree with this statement. When he came in as HC his first year, he turned shit around really quick. He's shown that he's capable of doing it, the question is whether he still has that same drive and desire to do it again. These next two seasons will tell us a lot. I, personally, think a lot needs to change. You can have a slam dunk draft and FA period but if you keep rolling with this 11 personnel shit and refuse to adapt your offense, none of it is going to matter. We'll win a few more games, maybe even make it to the playoffs a few times but the longer McVay stays stubborn the more this team is going to suffer.
He had 7-9 talent to work with then. This is 4-13 talent that he and Sneed have assembled.
The defense is Donald and JAG’s.
The oline has gotten worse all year. Ask Stafford
There’s no longer receivers running wide open anymore.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Kept saying there'd be bad growing pains this year. The Seattle game and then us going toe to toe with the Whiners gave us a lot of hope. That hope looks extremely bleak right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.