VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRams86

The Infamous
My dear friends: Our most hated team the 49's went through 4 shit seasons before becoming what they are now.
2015-2016 Record 5-11
2016-2017 Record 2-14
2017-2018 Record 6-10
2018-2019 Record 4-12
We are having to reload after the Superbowl win and it's going to be a few years of pain before we get back to the top of the mountain.
I think the majority of us understand we've gotta pay the bill for our Lombardi. What some of are questioning, based on what we've seen this season and last, is if McSnead are the guys to get us back into contention. They're not showing us much to be excited about.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
20-3 with the scrubs playing today. I can’t believe anyone expected more. Some of that comments are preposterous.

Their record is exactly what I expected with the exception of swapping the win at seadderal with gb.

No Kupp for 4 games, no NFL level RBs, no NFL OLBs.

The front office put them in this position and they are performing up to their talent.

Other teams have sustained winning records, even winning SBs. Winning the SB two years ago is not an excuse for being this shitty.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Other teams have sustained winning records, even winning SBs. Winning the SB two years ago is not an excuse for being this shitty.
I’d rather have the trophy in the cabinet than be talked up as a “contender” every year but have fuck all to show for it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I get it, I really do. And it pains me to even say that. They've been to a Super Bowl themselves and in 3 of the past 5 conference championships. We have a leg up with our Super Bowl win but its hard to argue they don't look better equipped to compete this season and possibly next. They're a well run team who built there team a different way.

Now with all that being said and feeling filthy - FUCK THEM.
I wouldn't envy coming up that short every year. They are shooting their shot right now thanks to a cheap QB contract with Purdy. The lovely part is that Purdy has played like shit recently and it's extremely possible they fall short again thanks to his flaws. Plus their vaunted defense isn't as good as it used to be either. I hope their losing streak continues because there is nothing better, short of us winning it all, than the Whiners getting eliminated for the year.

NYCRam

Rookie
Always talks about execution, never talks about changes to the scheme or personnel groupings. It's always "if our players had executed my excellent system we would have done better." Add in "we'll look for some things we can do better and differently" but rolls out the same bullshit every week. Maybe someone should tell him that the problem MIGHT be his commitment to his current offensive scheme and the scrubs he tries to run it with. I don't think I've seen an individual so stubborn and hard headed say so much that means so little. You can ask ChatGPT to give you these same responses.
As I've said in many other threads: McVay, O-ver-ra-ted, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

NYCRam

Rookie
Heads roll when teams lose. We lost last season. This season we're gonna lose a lot more in any game where Stafford cannot go because when you remove his quality we see this OL clearly.

If the Rams end up with a high pick it is certainly possible we get a cleanout of the coach and front office. And for the first time I have to say I am not averse to it.

McVay will go on to somewhere else and kick ass. Which will piss me off. But if we're a top franchise the owner has to operate with high standards so even a top coach is not above this general truth of this league.
Kroenke is borderline senile and feckless himself.

NYCRam

Rookie
Hot take. Curious, who's the youngest HC to ever make the Superbowl? And who's the youngest to win one?

I'm sure you can find plenty of coaches in the HOF who had at least two terrible seasons. I can think of a few off the top of my head. Giving up on McVay twenty one months after he led this team to a Lombardi is insane. To suggest he isn't good or great might be worse.
Keep telling yourself that.

NYCRam

Rookie
Sorry man, didn't mean to insinuate you said or thought anything before the season. Or that McVay is untouchable.

You're absolutely right, if McVay hadn't just won us a Super Bowl he should have entered this season on the hot seat after last year. Hell he might have even 'retired' if we had lost that Super Bowl. The way we've been losing these games and some of the decisions being made would put a lot of head coaches on the hot seat.

Also agree that on the off chance we move on from McVay you've gotta go for a top flight candidate. A proven winner, leader and someone who can help build a Super Bowl contending roster.

I fucking HATE the 49ers but I can't help but be a little jealous at how they always seem to be in contention since Shannahan got there. Even during their injury riddled seasons they always came to play. Yet we can't even win against a hobbled Cincinatti team or a Steelers team calling for their OC's head.
I know the "ring" guys will disagree, but Shanahan is better than McVay IMHO.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
When I saw Stafford was out, I didn’t really have much interest in watching some guy play quarterback. And the Rams don’t win in Green Bay anyway, so my day was fairly productive

HellRam

Starter
I know the "ring" guys will disagree, but Shanahan is better than McVay IMHO.
McVay has been a God send to this organization. Great coach just not a great offensive mind. When QBs leave Shanny they go to hell (Jimmy G, Matt Ryan). When QBs leave McVay they stay the same or grow and get better. If not for Fishers incompetence. McVay probably doesn't get dubbed a offensive "genius".

Fun fact: McVay has never had a top 5 scoring offense without Jared Goff. EVER! Including his time with the Redskins. Rams were 6th in pgg in 2021. It's astounding considering McVays reputation as a offensive guru.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Blow it up already.

Serious Question: How would you suggest they do that?

Trading players with large contracts, that are one or two years into large extensions, often carry Negative salary cap implications ... teams can actually Lose MORE cap space than they Gain.

The Rams are holding onto their draft choices; and trying to maximize cap space for 2024. They are playing their young players ... although many are late round picks and undrafted free agents.

So what would you suggest the Rams do to 'Blow it up'?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d rather have the trophy in the cabinet than be talked up as a “contender” every year but have fuck all to show for it.
And those don’t have to be the only alternatives
There’s no excuse for a team to fall off such a dramatic cliff like this.

NYCRam

Rookie
I agree with this - and it’s ridiculous that after the last 5 years, that it is the case. Going to 2 SBs, winning 1, and we still don’t know whose house it is.
Does Los Angeles actually want/love the Rams? I know St. Louis did.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
And those don’t have to be the only alternatives
There’s no excuse for a team to fall off such a dramatic cliff like this.
Show me a single player or coach who enters the NFL and says “Do you know what? I’d be perfectly happy to go 12-5 every year but never lift the Lombardi!”

Status
Not open for further replies.