VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Rams will be great again in 2024.

:hiding:
Too many holes to plug. 2025 might be more realistic if Stafford lasts that long and AD doesn't retire. Also assuming McSnead keep their jobs if next season looks anything like the past two.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am not surprised by our record but they certainly fooled me with how they got here. We need more talent in nearly every position group.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
399911173_10161712210112755_5720794629353030424_n.jpg

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Rypien is not an NFL QB. He shouldn't even be on a practice squad. The wort QB performance for the Rams I've ever seen. And McVays simpleton readable game plan didn't help him either.
I'll be surprised if the Rams win another game this season.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For missing Jones I thought the D did well. Evans earned his paycheck today. Next draft/offseason we need to address the OL and QBotF
The D placed the O is good shape numerous times, the O just couldn't take advantage.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Rypien is not an NFL QB. He shouldn't even be on a practice squad. The wort QB performance for the Rams I've ever seen. And McVays simpleton readable game plan didn't help him either.
I'll be surprised if the Rams win another game this season.
We need to definitely upgrade from the nephew.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I only have myself to blame for watching it too long. By the time I got t the bowling alley with the kids all the lanes were full. What a fucked up waste of an afternoon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I watched the second half of the game at the gym. Best treadmill workout I've had in ages. People at the gym were giving me crazy looks because I was fucking raging.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
McVay clearly sees value in familiarity with the offense. He wants guys who he knows and who have had time with the offense even if better talent is out there - and it is

Look at Dobbs coming in with less than a week of practice for Min, look what Baker did for us last year. He is overvaluing familiarity.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@SeminoleRam I’m not sure we watched the same game. We were on our 2nd string QB who should be bagging groceries, and our 3rd string RBs. No Jones and two LBs who are poor performers in the NFL.

The only bad call i could put squarely on McVay was the 3rd down pitch to Skow.

While I definitely agree to most of what you say and believe me I am thrilled McVay is the Rams Head Coach! And, I greatly admit that it is really VERY STUPID for me to question any moves (Or, Non-Moves) made by McVay but I just don’t understand why the Rams would not want a veteran Backup QB when I think there were a lot of legitimate concerns about Stafford staying healthy all year. I can’t tell you who but I would like to think there was a more qualified veteran that the Rams might have signed to their roster. And, I know everyone will answer it easy to use hindsight after the fact but I just don’t think Stafford having to miss time is a shock to too many fans! I certainly hope Stafford remains the Rams starting QB next season BUT I also certainly hope the Rams have a better Backup!

TXRams86

The Infamous
McVay clearly sees value in familiarity with the offense. He wants guys who he knows and who have had time with the offense even if better talent is out there - and it is

Look at Dobbs coming in with less than a week of practice for Min, look what Baker did for us last year. He is overvaluing familiarity.
This is because the guy refuses to move away from his same, tired, universal offensive game plan. Instead of bringing in a guy with the tools you can use to win a game and dumb the offense down for him, he chooses to bring in scrubs that know his "complicated offensive system". How many times has that led to wins?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It will never happen but I guarantee you if they were to sign Corral and start him in place of Stafford they would at least have a QB with some fucking balls competing and getting pissed off when shit stalls out. We still might lose but I can root for a player who leaves it all on the field.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The backup QB for the Bears… Bagnet? I dunno, but he balled out even if they didn’t win. At least they were competitive.

Perfect isn’t the goal… competent is and we’re so far from that it’s silly.

Ok...he still lost tho?

Brett's throws stunk bit he showed a little something with his mobility a bit. He is what he is.

swmizzou83

Starter
The fact that we haven't signed a better backup QB just screams to me that we are tanking the season now. That's the only logical explanation

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I'm curious if Snead even thought about moving AD during the trade deadline. They could use the high round draft capital. Before the season I felt this was a 9 and 8 team if everything went right. Can't even get mad. They just lack talent.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'm curious if Snead even thought about moving AD during the trade deadline. They could use the high round draft capital. Before the season I felt this was a 9 and 8 team if everything went right. Can't even get mad. They just lack talent.
And we're wasting the little talent we do have. If we're in a full on rebuild, let someone like AD go to a contender. As much as it pains me to type that out I'd prefer someone make good use of him instead of us burning precious time. By the time we right this ship Donald, Kupp and Stafford may be on their way out. Why not try and get something for them while we rebuild. There's no guarantee either that we get this cluster fuck back on track in 2-3 seasons.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This is going to be very unpopular, but I've sorta found myself hoping McVay decides to go the TV Booth this upcoming offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.