VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Really bad performance. Jordan Love is not much better than Rypien. Poor coaching on display today. McVay I fear is starting to lose it. Against most teams, I'd say there is not much to vent about. Not with this QB and roster. But Green Bay is a mess.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Show me a single player or coach who enters the NFL and says “Do you know what? I’d be perfectly happy to go 12-5 every year and never lift the Lombardi!”
But he didn't say that. He said you're oversimplifying it and only introducing two arguments - one to be constantly competitive and never winning a Lombardi or winning one in your lifetime and being able to talk about it. What dieter is saying is that expecting a Super Bowl winning team to remain competitive is also a valid expectation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Show me a single player or coach who enters the NFL and says “Do you know what? I’d be perfectly happy to go 12-5 every year but never lift the Lombardi!”
Show me a player who doesn’t?
Again, why are these the only alternatives?
How about a team that goes on a playoff run, wins the Super Bowl and stays relevant? Why isn’t that a choice?

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
But he didn't say that. He said you're oversimplifying it and only introducing two arguments - one to be constantly competitive and never winning a Lombardi or winning one in your lifetime and being able to talk about it. What dieter is saying is that expecting a Super Bowl winning team to remain competitive is also a valid expectation.
Fair enough; it’s not as binary as I have made it out to be.

But everyone enters this league with one primary goal, and it isn’t to be competitive every year.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Keith Null says hello.

Idiot Why Would You Do That GIF by QuickJack

Ellard80

Legend
Your eyes dont deceive you...
besides the fact that Goff had his two best statistical seasons in his first two years under Mcvay

and went to the playoffs his 1st year wtih Mcvay and his 2nd year to the Superbowl.

and has never even gone to the playoffs yet in Detroit.

so yes besides stats and wins he is better.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dude. I was on OTHER sites for years. Stick to the facts, fan-boy

Then maybe take a good look at this site's rules and what they entail and remind yourself why this site is different than "OTHER sites".

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Your eyes dont deceive you...
My eyes see a really bad offense. If you can ONLY conjure up 3 pts in a game is very concerning. Jeff Fisher would atleast got us something in the multiples of 3 more than 3….

AZRams

The D placed the O is good shape numerous times, the O just couldn't take advantage.
Flipped the script.

I fully expected to be here washing my hands of the defense after the first half. Showed me effort, stops, TOs and tackling in the second half. Sadly, all wasted on a day when the offense looked like a bad pee-wee team.

Last edited:

AZRams

8 and 18 since the Super Bowl. 30% win percentage
That doesn’t happen to good/great coaches
Honest question...how many of those great coaches had to start 12 different OL combos in 12 different games in one season?

Ellard80

Legend
Flipped the script.

I fully expected to be hear washing my hands of the defense after the first half. Showed me effort, stops, TOs and tackling in the second half. Sadly, all wasted on a day when the offense looked like a bad pee-wee team.
defense did enough to win at least.

wasnt great by any means - gave up nearly 200 yards rushing.

but it was enough with a competent offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.