VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
One thing that drives me crazy is that when it’s third and short we try to go for the long ball. Get the damn first down. Idk if that’s on McVay or Stafford but seeing other offenses take what the defense gives them while we are always looking for big chunk plays drives me nuts.

Ellard80

Legend
Does the @ really mean anything of late vs SF? McVay can't beat him it seems. Either way we've lost a game or two we should have one including at him to Arizona. We gave away any chance at three of our four losses. There's plenty of reason to be frustrated as a Rams fan right now you know that very well.
just meaning we thought SF was going to be good this year so winning at their house would probably be a tall order..

and yeah im frustrated for sure... but the over the top diving into the nuclear waste this board has been doing the past two weeks is pre-mature.

Ellard80

Legend
One thing that drives me crazy is that when it’s third and short we try to go for the long ball. Get the damn first down. Idk if that’s on McVay or Stafford but seeing other offenses take what the defense gives them while we are always looking for big chunk plays drives me nuts.
that was stafford.. because mcvay was clearly pissed when stafford threw that.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Outside of:

-firing Decamills, Morris, and Bonamego (just for good measure)
-Benching Reeder
-And letting O'Connell actually scheme the offense

We are strapped as all of our personnel decisions have locked us in to this squad.
Well at least that's a good start. Reeder was an utter liability out there today. Need some yards? Who's Reeder covering? first down.

Special teams is and has been the worst in the league without questions. All coaches on the special teams staff need to go now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just meaning we thought SF was going to be good this year so winning at their house would probably be a tall order..

and yeah im frustrated for sure... but the over the top diving into the nuclear waste this board has been doing the past two weeks is pre-mature.
I'd wager it's been going on longer than that and sadly it's nothing new. As I said multiple times in the GDT McVay has to figure it out, or this team won't go anywhere. It's 100% on him and his decisions.

Ellard80

Legend
I'd wager it's been going on longer than that and sadly it's nothing new. As I said multiple times in the GDT McVay has to figure it out, or this team won't go anywhere. It's 100% on him and his decisions.
yeah the special teams fiasco... he makes those final decisions on personnel and that's been hot garbage.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
What's disappointing to me is it seems like absolutely nothing changed during the bye. Came out and saw the same shit we did the last 2 games.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
The Rams mortgaged the farm

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7a4e427a51664d73456f37614b773d3d2d3937323633373036302e313634323265643964376631623539313334343239393036353738342e676966
My fear also.

Being in LA may earn the team mortgage forbearance.

I feel we have plenty of good players.

Just an unusual lack of great coaching in the McVay era.

TXRams86

The Infamous
What's disappointing to me is it seems like absolutely nothing changed during the bye. Came out and saw the same shit we did the last 2 games.
You have to start to think that McVay is simply convinced his system is going to win every game and there's no need to change it. There's no other logical explanation because to keep coming out and showing the same shit week in and out is nothing short of insanity. Unless he truly believes that he's the smartest guy in the league and team's don't know how to shut us down.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woods and Akers were two of our top 3 skill guys.

The OL and Stafford were due some regression and it came against these playoff teams unfortunately.

Now I can accept the fact that we will be a wildcard and an underdog all the way through. Need to hope the offense gels and McVay takes over the defense.

Also, no point in having Donald, Floyd and Miller after these last two games. Just no point at all.

Maybe we catch fire in the playoffs as a wildcard.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Woods and Akers were two of our top 3 skill guys.

The OL and Stafford were due some regression and it came against these playoff teams unfortunately.

Now I can accept the fact that we will be a wildcard and an underdog all the way through. Need to hope the offense gels and McVay takes over the defense.

Also, no point in having Donald, Floyd and Miller after these last two games. Just no point at all.

Maybe we catch fire in the playoffs as a wildcard.
Wild card isn't even guaranteed at this point. If this is how we're going to look from now until playoff time, I can see the 49ers passing us by after kicking our ass again this season.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How the fuck did Von Miller show up and now neither him nor Donald do shit?

TexasRam

Legend
Stafford is not hurt.

Stop with the excuses. It looks pathetic.

We are playing real defenses now and this is what we warned you about. Stafford is not some elite MVP QB. Never was. He’s a lifetime 90 QB rating guy with mediocre to poor accuracy who’s never won a playoff game in 14 years.

We are not playing depleted secondaries anymore where Stat padding is easy.

The bigger problem is the defense. Rapp and Reeder equal loss. All these 6th round draft picks have caught up to us.

Worst of is the soft zone Larie Marmie bullshit. Loserville. Get the dam CB on the WR and disrupt him!!!! World beaters in Donald and Miller have zero chance due to this idiotic soft zone.

2 weeks to adjust and zero adjustment. Simply mind boggling.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff haters really need to stop it with the OLine thing, weren’t some of you the same pumping the “QB makes the line better narrative“

Not that the OLine has been an issue 3 years running (of course it has) but with some here it took 2nd fiddle to what should have been obvious

Hate on Goff to your dying breathe, but ask yourself this, did Goff ever produce 3 consecutive games with deflating Pick6s? (Nope)
Goff wasn’t asked to do as much, but that doesn’t make Stafford’s awful turnovers less devastating,

Right now, that trade is a huge bust. Pretty throws and great EPA don’t matter for shit if you keep turning the ball over.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
This board is a victim of this teams own expectations after the 7-1 start.

At the beginning of the year people really thought we would beat Green Bay in Green Bay?

I bet 75% didnt.
This is why I'm honest with myself. Stafford has not played as well as he should this entire season and only shows up in half the games when he does. We lack spreading the ball around and play calling itself has been vanilla through out the season. Running game has been mediocre at best. Defense is bend til you break....I'm not sure how people have had any confidence going into this game. The pack beat us just like everyother team has.

I'm also not buying Stafford being hurt which is what holds him back, bc he is dead on on the deep balls.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford is not hurt.

We are playing real defenses now and this is what we warned you about. Stafford is not some elite MVP QB. Never was. He’s a lifetime 90 QB rating guy with mediocre to poor accuracy who’s never won a playoff game in 14 years.

The bigger problem is the defense. Rapp and Reeder equal loss. All these 6th round draft picks have caught up to us.

Worst of is the soft zone Larie Marmie bullshit. Loserville. Get the dam CB on the WR and disrupt him!!!! World beaters in Donald and Miller have zero chance due to this idiotic soft zone.

The D let up 21 points if you eliminate the TO scores.

This isn’t a D problem. It’s a team problem.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
This board is a victim of this teams own expectations after the 7-1 start.

At the beginning of the year people really thought we would beat Green Bay in Green Bay?

I bet 75% didnt.
A tall order no doubt…but they were in it most of the way.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Stafford is not hurt.

Oh I didn’t know you were part of the rams medical staff. Give me a break. Reports have came out that he’s playing hurt and you can clearly see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.