VENT Vent Thread - Rams at Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The thing about Dak is he'll have a game like this, then go full-retard the next game, which happens to be Philthy.
You better hope your guys don't have a false sense of accomplishment. Today they played a very bad team. A defense littered with day 3 picks and undrafted guys. Most teams in the league woulda beat them today.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams don’t have the beef up front on the OL and need speedy corners to have that DL get home for a coverage sack.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the offense can't be held accountable for it 's performance in that situation I guess we never can hold that unit accountable for anything it does.

FIFY

Offense can't gain a single first down in an entire quarter of play or on a drive when they have a chance to seal the game away with our genius offensive mind we can never criticize them.

This argument was garbage then and it's garbage now. Back to the vent thread today.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It’s not a personnel problem it’s a coaching/scheme problem.
Same shit, different year.
Deep drops, long developing routes and QB taking too much time to get rid of the ball. It’s like 2019 all over again.
No TE use or any TE development.
we bitch and moan about teams eating up the Rams with short throws underneath, well fuck me, why don’t we try that
So frustrating.

Or…every time we catch the defense in man on man, why don’t we continue to run that quick crosser across the middle that leaves the defender trying to navigate through all that traffic in the middle of the field?
Nacua is killing defenses on that route and it has been a staple for Kupp?

I don’t understand why McVay continues to go away from proven plays and, like you said, ignore quick hitters? It seems the only quick short routes he consistently calls are the outs. Those can be dangerous and have cost the Rams dearly his year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
FIFY

Offense can't gain a single first down in an entire quarter of play or on a drive when they have a chance to seal the game away with our genius offensive mind we can never criticize them.

This argument was garbage then and it's garbage now. Back to the vent thread today.
If it was the opposite scenario? Say the Rams were losing a game 47-45 and the defense got a stop but the offense couldn’t get even a first down?

I sure as hell would NOT be blaming the offense.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
FIFY

Where were you for the GDT? It was super fun today. Apparently we only need to hold onto a handful of players and really don't need any of our coaches next season. That will really clear up some cap space ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Where were you for the GDT? It was super fun today. Apparently we only need to hold onto a handful of players and really don't need any of our coaches next season. That will really clear up some cap space ;)
We need some of these geniuses running our team.

RamWoodie

Legend
I was driving back to Memphis from Chicago. Didn't see much of the game for that reason but I hear all of it.

Two things come to mind right away...the bogus PI call on Lake on the first drive, and the missed PI call on Kupp on the Rams drive. Those two calls didn't lose the game, but they definitely changed the game.

The other thing is the task the secondary has because of the Rams pass rush. That's asking a lot on a young secondary to cover guys that long. Early on they were getting there but Dallas figured it out and Prescott used his legs quite a bit.

I believe Stafford's pic six sealed the Rams fake. After that, the pressure was immense and now we have to hope Stafford can go against the Packers.

My thinking is with this Oline, if McVay doesn't call plays to get the ball out quicker and allow the WRs to get YAC, these type losses will keep happening. When he gets "Martz-itus" , he puts Stafford at risk because the Oline just cant hold up to the rush.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was a gross mismatch of rosters. Dallas is a legitimate contender, Rams are a rebuilding roster with holes all over the place. So I am not remotely surprised by the result.

That said the Rams could have held off the inevitable for a while IF the refs hadn't actively fucked them in the ass 3x in the first half. Or IF Stafford hadn't thrown a fucking TD pass to the defense to put us down big and play into Dallas' advantage.

So it is what it is. Pittsburgh was a winnable game. This one required Dak to have a shit day plus a lot of guys to play over their heads and none of that happened.

However just as I said in the pregame thread it was going to be gloom and doom after this and in a few weeks things will start to look up as we hit that stretch of roughly 8 winnable games. I am hoping we finish below .500 because we need to go get a LT and the higher we pick the better chance of one falling to us or being able to move up for one. But either way this team will finish the season strong because the schedule is shaped that way. This has been a fucking brutal sched for a rebuilding team.

Agreed and was going to comment on the schedule. We may be 6-2 if we played the Dolphins schedule and they certainly would not be 6-2 if they played ours.

Seahawks, Niners, Bengals, Eagles, Steelers and Cowboys all have winning records. That's an insane start to the season.

We need to win three of the next four if we have any hope of sneaking in as the 7 seed....Packers/Seahawks/Cardinals/Browns.

But really we need to sit back and enjoy watching the young guys grow. CB, EDGE, G in FA and then LT/QB or QB/LT in the draft and we will be contenders again.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Was glad to miss this one. Saw the score and said nope. Time to get some stuff done rather than waste my time on this trash effort with bad calls. Making Dak look perfect... it's what the Rams love to do.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
My point then was the offense was handed the ball.. with a lead.. and couldn't even get a first down. The offense only ran 1:08 off the clock.
Also.. the offense scored 13 points.

The idea that the loss was "on the defense" was beyond ridiculous to me then.. and is now.
McVay has often not excelled at ball control and clock management, or both at the same time.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Dallas have a good team -- and so they should they are due , not having being relevant for a long time and not having won a super bowl in 10,137 days ... we won it 600 odd days ago and I would have taken a few years of pain after achieving the ultimate.

imo the blow out occurred due to a pick 6 (+7), a blocked punt (+2), a great return from the following punt giving their Offense good field position (+7) .. all mistakes on our part.

Hopefully Stafford's thumb is ok and we can be competitive against Green Bay (I was shocked to see they didn't have the bye this week!).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it's easy to rant and rave after a shit loss like this and say we need to shitcan Stafford. But then what. The guy is under contract. He just needs better protections. Dallas had like 20 fucking pressures in that game. You can't win with any QB giving up that kind of heat. No QB is that good.

So long term the Rams have decisions to make. But shit organizations draft QBs high without good OLs. Even with a rook you need a bridge QB and you need an OL. So to me it's not even a question. LT is by far our biggest need.
Yeah, I think so too. We need the best HEALTHY LT prospect that we can find next year. As far as a rookie QB, you have to draft really high to get a good one (first 5 picks in the draft), but which comes first, the QB or the LT? I think if we fail the rest of the season, Sean McVay will pick a QB because he's loves skill players more than linemen. I was blown away by the Avila pick this year, to be honest.

What I saw today was a complete breakdown of the team. We have so many young players, will they be crushed by this? The Cowboys were playing against semi-pro players today, it seemed. This might be the worst loss I've seen in a long time and I hope that it didn't break their spirit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
African Lion Vs. Burchell's Zebra - Afrika (PS3) on Make a GIF's Zebra - Afrika (PS3) on Make a GIF
Who da thunk it ended this way?

5osR9QB.jpg

oldnotdead

Legend
Hoecht is 300 lbs now. He ran that 4.5 when he was about 20 lbs lighter. They asked him to bulk up to play DT which he did. He's fast for a DE/DT but not coverage fast that much is obvious and anyone watching him chasing WRs can tell that. He has no business in coverage. But that is exactly what Morris is doing. He's using him as an OLB SAM. That role would be perfect for Hampton.

My problem with Morris is he doesn't know his roster and that is obvious by how he uses them. The fact he prefers a slow DK that must play 10 yds off the LOS because of his lack of speed. It leaves the short zone wide open. So WR fake a break in that short zone in front of DK and when he bites they run past him. DK lacks the speed to stay in phase so either he gets burned or more often grabs the WR for PI or holding. Go ahead watch him and that is what happens. This is what happens with a CB playing boundary who doesn't run at least a 4.5. God almighty it's basic football. What's worse he blows as many tackles as he makes, many of his tackles are half hearted attempts. Morris has faster more agile CBs but won't play them.

Hampton is an OLB with 4.58 speed why isn't he playing SAM? No Morris plays a guy who has always played DT then moved him to DE and now when he's finally getting that he moves him to play OLB in a SAM role which involves coverage something he must learn of the fly again. Why when he has a guy who is a fast OLB?

Hell Morris could play Fuller as a coverage LB in a WIL role but doesn't. Lake is already a better SS than Fuller who is slow even for a safety. Fuller has LB speed not safety speed. People complained about Rapp's speed, but Fuller is barely faster at 4.67.

oldnotdead

Legend
The OL is fine but EVERYONE knows McVay hate running the ball so he doesn't. That exposes the OL because the defense can simply tee off. This OL gets good yardage on run plays with a power RB like Freeman. But McVay likes smurf RBs who have speed but can't break tackles. Then he uses that to justify why he simply passes when he doesn't have to.

Backed up, everyone but fucking everyone knows you run the ball to backoff the pass rush. But no McVay calls a pass and INT machine Stafford turns it over for the back breaker INT/TD. That one stupid call pretty much sealed the game because the Boys simply turned loose the pass rush and didn't bother with the run. The smurf didn't scare anyone and wasn't moving the chains.

McVay and Morris lost this game, not the OL or the CBs.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
The OL is fine but EVERYONE knows McVay hate running the ball so he doesn't. That exposes the OL because the defense can simply tee off. This OL gets good yardage on run plays with a power RB like Freeman. But McVay likes smurf RBs who have speed but can't break tackles. Then he uses that to justify why he simply passes when he doesn't have to.

Backed up, everyone but fucking everyone knows you run the ball to backoff the pass rush. But no McVay calls a pass and INT machine Stafford turns it over for the back breaker INT/TD. That one stupid call pretty much sealed the game because the Boys simply turned loose the pass rush and didn't bother with the run. The smurf didn't scare anyone and wasn't moving the chains.

McVay and Morris lost this game, not the OL or the CBs.
Hoecht is 300 lbs now. He ran that 4.5 when he was about 20 lbs lighter. They asked him to bulk up to play DT which he did. He's fast for a DE/DT but not coverage fast that much is obvious and anyone watching him chasing WRs can tell that. He has no business in coverage. But that is exactly what Morris is doing. He's using him as an OLB SAM. That role would be perfect for Hampton.

My problem with Morris is he doesn't know his roster and that is obvious by how he uses them. The fact he prefers a slow DK that must play 10 yds off the LOS because of his lack of speed. It leaves the short zone wide open. So WR fake a break in that short zone in front of DK and when he bites they run past him. DK lacks the speed to stay in phase so either he gets burned or more often grabs the WR for PI or holding. Go ahead watch him and that is what happens. This is what happens with a CB playing boundary who doesn't run at least a 4.5. God almighty it's basic football. What's worse he blows as many tackles as he makes, many of his tackles are half hearted attempts. Morris has faster more agile CBs but won't play them.

Hampton is an OLB with 4.58 speed why isn't he playing SAM? No Morris plays a guy who has always played DT then moved him to DE and now when he's finally getting that he moves him to play OLB in a SAM role which involves coverage something he must learn of the fly again. Why when he has a guy who is a fast OLB?

Hell Morris could play Fuller as a coverage LB in a WIL role but doesn't. Lake is already a better SS than Fuller who is slow even for a safety. Fuller has LB speed not safety speed. People complained about Rapp's speed, but Fuller is barely faster at 4.67.
Some facts on Kendrick. Seems many forget, he just turned 23 years old and just made his 12th start in the NFL.

Going into the game today, he had given up 223 yards passing on a 55.9% comp percentage. Amazingly, as a team the Rams have given up 1463. So shockingly, it's not all Kendrick. And where are all these deep passes he's getting burned on? What I see is a DB who actually is typically in the right spot, but is still a bit slow to react. Just like most young DB's are, and there are alot of factors for that. Even on the TD he gave up to Lamb today, he will literally a split second away from knocking that ball away.

His 19% missed tackle rate is better than both Witherspoon and Yeast. Last year, his missed tackle rate was 2.3%.

He's become the whipping boy, because well I guess somebody has to be. Witherspoon got beat deep again today. That's at least a half dozen times he's been beat deep the past 4 weeks, but QBs have not been connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.