VENT Vent Thread - Rams at Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd trade the next year's first round pick to move up for a guy I love. And more. Key is if one's there that you believe in. LT is a cornerstone spot and we've been iffy as fuck since Whit retired. QBs know when they can't trust their back side and a guy like Stafford rushes the ball because he's a gambler.
I can't argue with the importance of the position.
Jackson is just a guy.. I had higher hopes.

I just see so many needs that I don't know. If they go the way you suggest.. that would be an "all-in" with Stafford model, imo.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm worried about Stafford's thumb. These things can take several weeks to heal and I'm sure he's getting x-rayed right now.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all in favor of it."

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Is it okay to bitch about Raheem's defense now? Or is that still off-limits?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You can bitch all you want.
Just as long as it's okay for people to disagree to point out flaws in your argument.

Because.. the defense is absolutely bereft of real talent. They don't have a legit starting 11.. much less quality depth.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Stafford Int was just awful. Terrible throw by him. We need a new QB.

Not the first one this year, either.

Long before THIS game, I’ve been advocating for drafting his successor in the next draft. He’s not only showing his downward career trajectory, he’s getting his ass kicked back there. He’s not a young man anymore and he spent a decade taking a beating for the lions.

The upcoming draft is supposedly QB rich and the Rams have a 1rst and 2nd rounder.

A LT to protect whoever plays QB is also imperative, IMO.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'm worried about Stafford's thumb. These things can take several weeks to heal and I'm sure he's getting x-rayed right now.
I think best case scenario is he's out next week then heals up during the bye. But it didn't look good and McVay's initial comments on it don't sound very optimistic. He's doing his typical coach speak of "I don't want to speak out of turn" but I'm sure he got the initial diagnosis from the team doc.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't argue with the importance of the position.
Jackson is just a guy.. I had higher hopes.

I just see so many needs that I don't know. If they go the way you suggest.. that would be an "all-in" with Stafford model, imo.
Well it's easy to rant and rave after a shit loss like this and say we need to shitcan Stafford. But then what. The guy is under contract. He just needs better protections. Dallas had like 20 fucking pressures in that game. You can't win with any QB giving up that kind of heat. No QB is that good.

So long term the Rams have decisions to make. But shit organizations draft QBs high without good OLs. Even with a rook you need a bridge QB and you need an OL. So to me it's not even a question. LT is by far our biggest need.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Long before THIS game, I’ve been advocating for drafting his successor in the next draft. He’s not only showing his downward career trajectory, he’s getting his ass kicked back there. He’s not a young man anymore and he spent a decade taking a beating for the lions.

The upcoming draft is supposedly QB rich and the Rams have a 1rst and 2nd rounder.

Stafford is who he always was, imo.. no big difference.

When he's good.. he's incredible.

When he's bad.. he's throwing pick 6's.

As I've pointed out many times.. he's one of the worst in NFL history at throwing them.. #2 all-time now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You can bitch all you want. But with the talent deficiency I don't know what we can expect. Late round and undrafted dominates the depth chart. What can you do with that?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well it's easy to rant and rave after a shit loss like this and say we need to shitcan Stafford. But then what. The guy is under contract. He just needs better protections. Dallas had like 20 fucking pressures in that game. You can't win with any QB giving up that kind of heat. No QB is that good.

So long term the Rams have decisions to make. But shit organizations draft QBs high without good OLs. Even with a rook you need a bridge QB and you need an OL. So to me it's not even a question. LT is by far our biggest need.
I'm not ranting and raving, to be clear.

I'm talking about scenarios that the team has to be considering.

I don't see him being a worse QB right now than he has been in the past. The circumstances around him are different, as you say.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm pissed that Tomlinson is still sitting on the depth chart. I don't know who he pissed off but he needs to play when we've got two corners out there (Kendrick & Spoon) who are iffy as fuck and who have been beaten deep over and over this year. Difference with Dallas is the QB hit the guys behind them.

TXRams86

The Infamous

I agree with you. We've GOT to build the line. A first round QB behind this current line is just going to get beat up and turn into a bust. We might be able to get away with a third or fourth rounder, similar to what Dallas got with Dak. Someone in the GDT mentioned Quinn Ewers out of Texas, I wouldn't be upset if he was our pick and sat behind Stafford next year. I'll admit though that outside of Longhorn football, I haven't really seen much college ball this season so I don't know what QBs look decent.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense has been playing above their heads all year. They have no pass rush and no secondary. Tough to win under those circumstances. Still have a long season ahead. Just have to hope the young guys continue to get better.

oldnotdead

Legend
1. McVay refused to run the ball.
2. When is LA going to admit Stafford is a turnover machine and it's time to move on. Thanks for the Lombardi have a good retirement.
3. Grab whoever off the UFA QB list and finish the season.
4. Draft their QB1 next year and go forward.
5. Jackson isn't a franchise LT. RT maybe.
6. Start Freeman the rest of the season.
7. Cut DK, too many penalties, can't tackle, gives up too many TDs. He's exactly why he was on the board in the 6th round, slow, undisciplined, not agile enough, can't tackle.
8. Start Tomlinson or Ojemudia opposite Witherspoon.
9. We've seen enough of Fuller, Lake is better.
10. With a mobile QB even a novice DC knows you need someone to play WIL apparently Raheem doesn't learn shit.
11. McVay obviously too distracted with being a father to coach, have a nice retirement. It was obvious McVay wasn't prepared.
12. Hire Kalen Deboer as HC.
13. For godsake fire Morris. This is the guy that uses a 300 lb converted DT as a DB. No one fucking does that only genius Morris. He has an OLB with 4.5 speed in Hampton but doesn't coach him up to play WIL or SAM to play contain and coverage? He could play Fuller in that role at 6'2" with 4.6 speed and coverage skills he could play ILB. But Raheem doesn't know the roster so it doesn't occur to him.
14. Hoecht showed he's a good rotational DE but he can't play LB.
15. This game showed neither McVay or Raheem knew how to adjust during the game. John Pagano was the best I've ever seen at making adjustments during the game.
16. This was a classic case of the Rams being outcoached on both sides of the ball.

swmizzou83

Starter
This team really needs to figure out if they believe they can build a roster capable of winning a super bowl within the next 2 years and if Stafford is still capable of taking them there.

If they don't believe either of those things are possible they need to do everything in their power to collect high round picks including looking at trading Donald. Drafting a QB and a LT in the draft could significantly improve this team.

If they do believe that Stafford is still capable of taking them all the way then all the offense needs is a couple quality lineman and possibly a more explosive RB.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I like Stafford and greatly appreciate him getting us a Superbowl but I think the time has come next year to get his replacement.

The defense just needs to continue being built. They will be fine with a few more pieces.

I'm not sure what's up with Kupp but he hasn't looked like the same player at all since coming back.

The inflection point for this team in the offseason will be whether to trade Stafford.

You either think you have a path to winning with him within next two years.. or you don't.

If you've already come to the conclusion that you won't be able to.. firesale everything now. Tear it down and start over. You've got two solid draft classes to start from.

I see some pieces already there. They’re just gonna have to take their lumps while they develop. Young, Turner, Avila, and Nacua continue to play well.

IMO, another draft like this last one, which would include an eventual starting QB, could make this team exciting and relevant again.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
1. McVay refused to run the ball.
2. When is LA going to admit Stafford is a turnover machine and it's time to move on. Thanks for the Lombardi have a good retirement.
3. Grab whoever off the UFA QB list and finish the season.
4. Draft their QB1 next year and go forward.
5. Jackson isn't a franchise LT. RT maybe.
6. Start Freeman the rest of the season.
7. Cut DK, too many penalties, can't tackle, gives up too many TDs. He's exactly why he was on the board in the 6th round, slow, undisciplined, not agile enough, can't tackle.
8. Start Tomlinson or Ojemudia opposite Witherspoon.
9. We've seen enough of Fuller, Lake is better.
10. With a mobile QB even a novice DC knows you need someone to play WIL apparently Raheem doesn't learn shit.
11. McVay obviously too distracted with being a father to coach, have a nice retirement. It was obvious McVay wasn't prepared.
12. Hire Kalen Deboer as HC.
13. For godsake fire Morris. This is the guy that uses a 300 lb converted DT as a DB. No one fucking does that only genius Morris. He has an OLB with 4.5 speed in Hampton but doesn't coach him up to play WIL or SAM to play contain and coverage? He could play Fuller in that role at 6'2" with 4.6 speed and coverage skills he could play ILB. But Raheem doesn't know the roster so it doesn't occur to him.
14. Hoecht showed he's a good rotational DE but he can't play LB.
15. This game showed neither McVay or Raheem knew how to adjust during the game. John Pagano was the best I've ever seen at making adjustments during the game.
16. This was a classic case of the Rams being outcoached on both sides of the ball.
Some of your comments make me laugh.
You actually think Hoecht is 300???? Lol
Oh.. Hoecht ran a 4.5.. by your logic that means he should be fine there since you think Hampton can be moved out in space.. where he has no experience.
Lake looks good... in his role. He's not a starting safety.. he's a nice dime-backer.

Oh.. good job on being a bad human.. McVay had a kid this week. My God, we should all be offended by his lack of focus.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can bitch all you want.
Just as long as it's okay for people to disagree to point out flaws in your argument.

Because.. the defense is absolutely bereft of real talent. They don't have a legit starting 11.. much less quality depth.
LOL That's the thing, nobody put it off limits I'm pretty sure we all know the off limits topics by the mods here. People who blindly hate somebody can't handle a counter point. People see guys like you and I supporting him based on the Rams giving him jack shit for talent on that side of the ball and think we're simps for him.

I've said countless times last year I didn't like his soft coverages anymore than the rest. But I understood why we ran that. And people took that for being a Morris supporter.

People likewise see me trolling them with the avatar and don't understand why it's there.

Really sad the lack of comprehension in this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.