UDFA Tracker 2022

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
The more I see on Pettigrew the more I like him. Have wanted a 2nd TE on the Rams every year since Higs was drafted and we've never had anything reliable or consistent to be there with him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The more I see on Pettigrew the more I like him. Have wanted a 2nd TE on the Rams every year since Higs was drafted and we've never had anything reliable or consistent to be there with him.

Don’t agree with that & hopefully your right that he can be a productive NFL player.

B.Hopkins & Blanton imo will be so much more improved after getting that nice NFL experience.That is priceless for how The Rams build there roster(team).

Funny thing is Waldron goes to the hags & picks up Everett.Now Johnny gets signed by Vikings & O’Connell.
That shows what those coaches think of those exRams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to admit that I don't pay attention to other teams' holders unless they pull a Romo.
Johnny Hekker almost cost The Rams a SuperBowl with his dropped extra point.That’s at the highest level.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Johnny Hekker almost cost The Rams a SuperBowl with his dropped extra point.That’s at the highest level.
Actually it may have won them the SB, but I understand what you mean in terns of how important holders are.

I really think had he not dropped it, the Rams may have settled for 3 and a tie on the last drive. Then who knows how it ends?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Actually it may have won them the SB, but I understand what you mean in terns of how important holders are.

I really think had he not dropped it, the Rams may have settled for 3 and a tie on the last drive. Then who knows how it ends?

Yep - good post.It’s all hindsight.The old Punters are players to thing.I think The Rams moving on was the best thing for the franchise.It’s like having Staley Drawers.You can keep around as long as you want,but at some point new works even if they don’t feel or mean the same.

Johnny was Sneads first UDRFA as The Rams GM.Last season they could have let him loose,but closing out his career as a Ram SuperBowl winner is pretty cool.

DLux27

Rookie
Digging this Elijah Garcia prospect, always need bodies in the trenches. Hoping he can carve out a roll and provide some quality relief snaps for AShawn, Gaines, and AD

Also the Rams on ESPN have an updated depth chart with the draftees and UDFA.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Digging this Elijah Garcia prospect, always need bodies in the trenches. Hoping he can carve out a roll and provide some quality relief snaps for AShawn, Gaines, and AD

Also the Rams on ESPN have an updated depth chart with the draftees and UDFA.
It's not bad although I like Ourlads better and one player I'm betting on is Jake Hummel to beat out Christian Roszeloom although they like Rozebloom on special teams, Hummel really good player for Iowa State Program.

TheTackle

Starter
Do we know the contract money for each UDFA? That provides a fairly accurate indicator of who they are most high on in terms of perhaps making the roster

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I've watched some of Jamal Pettigrew's highlights. I gotta say, he's impressed me. Could he be a small-school washout? Sure. I think he's an excellent blocking tight end with great size, great athleticism for his size, and a surprisingly good receiver. We may have very well found a stud with him.

Its hard to find a lot on Pettigrew, but he is interesting.

After his 2018 knee injury (cost him his whole sophmore season) he got buried on the depth chart by new recruits and low opportunities to catch passes at LSU.

He transfers to the juggernaut (joking) McNeese State to extend his college career.

Given the RAS scores, being a 4-star recruit, and unusual college situations, he could surprise people with opportunities in a Rams-level offense. He has a smoothness catching passes, to my untrained eye.

Some of the weaknesses in his scouting report, lower body strength, is a conditioning thing. That’s the polish the Rams could put on this guy.

My counter argument to all this is… the best players don’t get buried on depth charts, often. So… he is UDFA for reason. But an interesting player.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do we know the contract money for each UDFA? That provides a fairly accurate indicator of who they are most high on in terms of perhaps making the roster
I believe they paid DE Keir Thomas the most bonus money.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
One thing I think people are forgetting with Dicker and him not being a holder in college. Hard to do that and kick the field goals/extra points. I'm sure if it comes to him being the punter he'll be just fine with our coaches.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One thing I think people are forgetting with Dicker and him not being a holder in college. Hard to do that and kick the field goals/extra points. I'm sure if it comes to him being the punter he'll be just fine with our coaches.
Yeah, but Jordan Stout did not hold either in college and the Ravens tried him out in that area and he did very well apparently.

@Allen2McVay is right, it appears holders are the punters, so I'm sure the Rams will ensure Dicker can handle that area of special teams and will factor that into their decision come September Morn.