UDFA Tracker 2022

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
if Stafford goes down for any length of time, we're done. Coan, Strong, or the Wolf, makes no difference..
train
We could beat over half the teams in the NFL with a backup quarterback.

In my honest, yet extremely humble opinion.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah.
Did we even pick up a wr?

Do we need one ?
I still believe OBj re-signs, and that gives us perhaps the best 3 starters in the league once he returns from injury. Then with Van Jeff as WR4 and Atwell, Harris, Skow & Powell fighting for the scraps, that's a pretty formidable line-up. The Rams signed at least 4 new players with return skills, so another WR would likely just get in the way.
jmo.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Do we need one ?
I still believe OBj re-signs, and that gives us perhaps the best 3 starters in the league once he returns from injury. Then with Van Jeff as WR4 and Atwell, Harris, Skow & Powell fighting for the scraps, that's a pretty formidable line-up. The Rams signed at least 4 new players with return skills, so another WR would likely just get in the way.
jmo.
I don’t think so either.
It just seems that we at least usually pick up a few UDFA wrs for camp

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I don’t think so either.
It just seems that we at least usually pick up a few UDFA wrs for camp
I'm surprised that nobody brought in Justyn Ross. I'm assuming that nobody will clear his spinal fusion. He certainly warranted a look outside of that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I always think small school guys, who get overlooked, have a better shot... Like Morgan Fox, Hoecht, . The power 5 guys have been evaluated fully and while they played against top competition, if they still have question marks then they likely will not make it.

However, small school guys get overlooked because of the level of competition. So even guys that dominate that level might go undrafted, and sure many can't take the next step, but others can do very well. So I would rather take shots with guys like that with a long shot chance of hitting a homerun.

BTW the DL from Rice looks interesting as well.

Elijah Garcia. 6-5" 295

View: https://youtu.be/01JbjgB8gNU

I realize you're talking about UDFA's but it also might work for late round draftees who were overlooked in the process and the first 6 rounds of the draft. Like Nick Scott, Chris Garrett and Danial Hardy.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I realize you're talking about UDFA's but it also might work for late round draftees who were overlooked in the process and the first 6 rounds of the draft. Like Nick Scott, Chris Garrett and Danial Hardy.
Yep, agree with that. The "projected 3rd rounder" that falls out of the draft completely or goes in the 7th, rarely prove the GM's wrong. There is a reason that guy dropped so much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if Stafford goes down for any length of time, we're done. Coan, Strong, or the Wolf, makes no difference..
train
Probably true. But I think Coan has the upside to be a really good backup. The sort of guy who can give you a chance of winning some games if your QB is going to miss a few weeks.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Live in NYC and think Bradberry is an excellent CB.

Expecting the Rams to have short-term additional cap space once it re-works Donald's and Kupp's deals; and thought adding Bradberry would have been a terrific addition. Don't see it as practical or realistic with the acquisition of Hill and drafting two CBs.

First Megan Fox chose Machine-Gun-Kelly over me ... and ... Now ... THIS
You dodged a bullet...

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
So does everyone think Dicker is signed as a punter?

Is there anything that I can see that gives me confidence in this guy in that position?

Just wondering where our team is going with the punting position. Right now I can't see where we have a punter right now.

Which to me is HUGE in guiding a game.

Shitty punter, shitty field position.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've watched some of Jamal Pettigrew's highlights. I gotta say, he's impressed me. Could he be a small-school washout? Sure. I think he's an excellent blocking tight end with great size, great athleticism for his size, and a surprisingly good receiver. We may have very well found a stud with him.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The problem with a new punter is he must be a FG holder. Dixon is such. Most (maybe all) of the draftee punters were not FG holders. This is MUCH more important to a game than punting. Give me a sure holder who is a decent punter over a great punter who is learning to hold kicks. At least for a great team like the Rams. Crappy team/offense who punts a lot - different story.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Is there anything that I can see that gives me confidence in this guy in that position?

Just wondering where our team is going with the punting position. Right now I can't see where we have a punter right now.

Hard to tell this season who the camp K/P's turn out to be, but we know that Gay is safe, and probably Orzech as well. Dixon shouldn't be crowned just yet, but where's the competition ? Perhaps this will be a post camp cut, ... kind of hard to believe we came out of the draft at P in this situation. jmo.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t disagree, I just think competition makes players stronger and better.
If Wolford has to play at some point, I just want him to be the best he can be and let the chips fall where they may
It would help if McVay would open the playbook a little when Wolford comes in to play during a blow out win…let the kid play a little and get a feel for NFL action

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't think Riley Dixon would be at least average-to-good?
I really think he is going to be acceptable. It's more important, ultimately, to be a good holder for Gay. As long as he is acceptable as a punter and can be a good holder ... That will be fine.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I really think he is going to be acceptable. It's more important, ultimately, to be a good holder for Gay. As long as he is acceptable as a punter and can be a good holder ... That will be fine.
His numbers were pretty good.. . better than Hekker's IIRC.....not to mention he's tough....... he punted for the Giants and didn't suffer dead-leg syndrome.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
His numbers were pretty good.. . better than Hekker's IIRC.....not to mention he's tough....... he punted for the Giants and didn't suffer dead-leg syndrome.
The other thing to keep in mind about Dixon as @André brought, he is an excellent holder plus although last year was a down year because the Giant offense was abysmal, Dixon was punting a ton in his own territory.

My only issue with Dixon is he's had a few punts blocked, but the Giants were poor in blocking, hopefully, Dixon can also speed it up a bit. Overall, I believe he can be solid, he's not just another guy. Also former High School QB too, so there is that as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It would be interesting if he ended up doing both in the NFL. It would save a roster spot.

Supposedly the Rams really like Dixon as their punter.
I've watched some of Jamal Pettigrew's highlights. I gotta say, he's impressed me. Could he be a small-school washout? Sure. I think he's an excellent blocking tight end with great size, great athleticism for his size, and a surprisingly good receiver. We may have very well found a stud with him.
I saw him on a list of best UDFA signings. The writer thinks he has a high ceiling.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
It would be interesting if he ended up doing both in the NFL. It would save a roster spot.

Supposedly the Rams really like Dixon as their punter.

I saw him on a list of best UDFA signings. The writer thinks he has a high ceiling.
Okay I am stupid. As of a couple days ago I didn't think we had a punter on our team.

Not a flashy signing but now remember we signed the Giants guy about a month ago.

I have been meaning to look at all the numbers but remember something him leading in punts inside the twenty but not certain if that really meant something.

Need to do my homework.