Trey Lance has been a disappointment for the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
For those of you saying Lance is going to be good. I laugh at these statements. Everyone in the NFL thought Bradford was gonna be good too. Even after his debut in Preseason everyone was gloating over him. No matter who the coach is and who the player is, there's no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL. QB's don't show their true colors until year 3 or 4 anyways so it's gonna be a minute until we really know if he's the real deal or not.
And yes i Know there are exceptions to the rule. IE Wilson and Mahomes. But they are exceptions.

Tano

Legend
Yep. If Wilson can overcome being a member of the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets he's gonna be pretty good. Best in class IMO.
Darnold couldn't and I think his head is so messed up now that unless they have a great QB coach at Carolina - he will never recover

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Darnold couldn't and I think his head is so messed up now that unless they have a great QB coach at Carolina - he will never recover
Maybe we'll send them a first rd pick in 3 yrs. Lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could not give two shits about Zach Wilson. Watch his tape carefully, dude throws an incredible ball with pinpoint accuracy and timing. Trey Lance looks is not in the same Universe as Zach Wilson. It's not even close.
Wilson's a cocky little sumbish too which I like in my QBs. He was barking at his OL a bit and picking people up. I think he's gonna have a nice career but of course only time will tell.

BTW the NFL.com site has "all rookie passes" highlight clips for all the QBs in this class. Pretty cool and makes it easy to check them out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson's a cocky little sumbish too which I like in my QBs. He was barking at his OL a bit and picking people up. I think he's gonna have a nice career but of course only time will tell.

BTW the NFL.com site has "all rookie passes" highlight clips for all the QBs in this class. Pretty cool and makes it easy to check them out.
Niner homer...doh..

dang

Legend
You guys cant will him into being a bad player by just believing it. The kid is going to be good. Better to face that fact now. Shanahan knows what he's doing and this kid will be a problem for us soon. I mean we couldn't even beat Nick Mullins the last two years. Lance's upside is insane and if you listen to him speak and see the head on his shoulders, hard to see him not being a great player.
I saw Lance play several times his one year in college. As a freshman he was the best QB in the FCS. He had talent, poise and confidence. The problem is he played in only one game after his freshman year due to CovId. Hell he just turned 21 in May 2021. He needs 2 years just to build muscle memory snd gain the experience needed to be a quality NFL QB. If the 69ers are smart they won’t push him to start this year or next year but let him grow into a starter.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the 69ers are smart they won’t push him to start this year or next year but let him grow into a starter.
Not going to give the kid two years, they will be lucky to give him one. Lance will dance by midseason IMO because of injury.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
There's nothing more glorious than seeing a cocky whiner fan's hopes dashed. I've seen it countless times and it keeps geting better and better. They all thought Krapperdick was their future too, and that was fun seeing it all unravel. Rookie or backup QBs who shine in preseason.... we've seen a lot of those who then amounted to nothing. So I'm still looking for the 40whiner faithless to drown their sorrows in the bay once again as they take their rightful place at the bottom of the division this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There's nothing more glorious than seeing a cocky whiner fan's hopes dashed. I've seen it countless times and it keeps geting better and better. They all thought Krapperdick was their future too, and that was fun seeing it all unravel. Rookie or backup QBs who shine in preseason.... we've seen a lot of those who then amounted to nothing. So I'm still looking for the 40whiner faithless to drown their sorrows in the bay once again as they take their rightful place at the bottom of the division this year.

Good FREAKING LUCK (Andrew) with that. Injury & love(passion) of the game.
The 9ers will be in the OC Thursday & Friday. Would have liked to check it out. Sold out,but Saturday night Raiders. Chargers & 9ers Sunday all at SOFI. Just keeping it real.

The NFC West is going to be tough. Imo the SeaHags will be treading at the bottom of the barrel feeding off the scapes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not going to give the kid two years, they will be lucky to give him one. Lance will dance by midseason IMO because of injury.

I don’t know man. Did you watch any of last seasons Rams losses? I’m not saying much about any player,but the O’Line is one of the highly rated in the nfl ? qb’s for the most part don’t get hurt like the use to with all the rule changes.
—wishing,hoping for predicting injury is sort of F’up imo. It is what it is. But if wishing the Rams beat the San Jose team twice last season with all there injuries is something I did.
hope that is not to F’d up.
Go Rams F San Jose team. Miss Candlestick park.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When defenses play a lot more than vanilla Lance will make more mistakes. If I'm the 49ers I cross my fingers Jimmy GQ doesn't go down. He might not be that good either but he's much further ahead than Lance.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I would never in a million years draft someone this raw that high. So much projection and honestly I am not sure he ever makes it due to his inaccuracy. He's the type of guy you take a flyer on in later rounds. Due to projection. That P word. Glad he's not our problem.
Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

When I look at Lance, I see an elite athlete. Great mobility and a cannon for an arm. All the raw tools for a franchise QB.

Will he pan out or not, I don't know, but his talent jumps off the screen.