Trey Lance has been a disappointment for the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love those Dr. Evil Gifs lol

Austin Powers No GIF

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With nothing to back up my "theory", I believe that the rumors about the 9ers drafting Mac Jones were true, and that they changed their mind with all the bad press. Maybe Shanny wanted Jones and FO over ruled and went with Lance or vice versa. Either way if there's any truth to my W.A.G., the team will literally come apart at the seams if things dont pan out, and pan out quick.
tenor.gif

Very interesting theory because I was hoping the 49ers would draft Mac Jones because IMO, he's ordinary, no Lance has some serious upside again IMO, but this is plausible because I do now with the speculation of the 49ers wanting to draft Mac Jones, many 49er faithful were against it and stipulated such over social media.

So it's possible ownership got involved and preferred the young phenom that was the better athlete now I still believe Lance will be an upper tier QB and I don't like to wish a player not to be successful, so I will just hope that he loses a ton of games for San Francisco.

dang

Legend
That dude is a maroon. 9ers looked hard at these guys and knew his weaknesses. If they thought he would be ready year one they probably would have traded JG.

Must be exciting to be a new football fan. :ROFLMAO:
That dude sounded a bit more like a burgundy.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Better than even Nick Marshall? I mean we all know you sure know how to pick em

Gee. Calling me out on a potential late round flyer / undrafted free agent suggestion?

I still would have love to have seen Nick Marshall working with Guz Malzahn / Greg Roman type offensive coordinator. Him and a few others who never got the chance at the position.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gee. Calling me out on a potential late round flyer / undrafted free agent suggestion?

I still would have love to have seen Nick Marshall working with Guz Malzahn / Greg Roman type offensive coordinator. Him and a few others who never got the chance at the position.
Was busting your chops my man (it’s been what? 6 years now) glad you at least remember

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tbh, i didn't think much of him before he was drafted. It's way to early though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know how good or bad Lance will be. Shanahan is great with scheming receivers open. And they seem to do very well with the shorter, safer passes when he wants to protect his quarterback from himself. But if Lance doesn't work out, it could set them back for a while.

I know people can say we gave up those firsts for Goff, he didn't work out and we're still sitting pretty good as a team. But Goff did have two really good seasons leading a top tier offense. So its not like he turned out to be a bust. We won quite a bit with him. Time will tell if Lance can win a lot of games for them.

If they didn't give up those future firsts for him, I have to wonder if dangling those picks would be tempting for the Packers to trade Rogers to the 49ers. Right now, I'm pretty glad they gave up the resources needed to trade for a proven talent. Now they have an unknown talent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then a sack. Sermon is a guy I’m afraid of.Just hate Snead giving the 8ers value on trade to get him.
The Rams did well with there picks though.Just was seriously pissed on the trade & was not excited about the Tutu ATWELL pick.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then a sack. Sermon is a guy I’m afraid of.Just hate Snead giving the 8ers value on trade to get him.
The Rams did well with there picks though.Just was seriously pissed on the trade & was not excited about the Tutu ATWELL pick.
GET excited!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
GET excited!
Yeah - thanks. Football is back.

Over reaction? Yes!

He won’t start in 2021,so doesn’t matter. Depth is the big thing though,which the 9ers have.The NFC is going to be tough.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Ugh, saw highlights of all of Lance's passes tonite, and sorry to say he looked like a legit prospect. Great mobility and athleticism, threw a bunch of darts, with 3 huge drops. 80 yard bomb was a beauty.

Yeah he's raw, but sure looks like he's got the tools to be a top-end NFL QB.

jjab360

Legend
His teammates did him no favors this game with the drops and terrible O-line play, but unfortunately the kid can sling it. Could be another star QB in this division as soon as this year if they start him smh.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here is video of Trey Lance debut - all pass attempts.

Some good throws. You can see the athleticism.

Me; I’d be lukewarm. A lot of first read throws. 3-4 sacks. Nearly 2 picks.

Full disclosure; he was my least favorite of the top QB prospects from the get go, mostly because of inconsistent accuracy. So, I’m shitting on him all the time. :D

View: https://youtu.be/sW3uhFenWlY

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I've seen and read he was good his first drive but in the 2 minute drill he was complete shit. Only time will tell with him.

TexasRam

Legend
This Trey Lance performance was atrocious.

Compare it to the throws of Zach Wilson.

Night and day.