Trey Lance has been a disappointment for the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Surprise, surprise... The Whiners own media is reporting that there are massive problems with Trey Lance.

And as we know, you can't teach footwork, confidence and mechanics to a QB past the age of 12. I mean you can refine them, but not to an NFL caliber elite level.

The real question is WHEN does Shanny's ego destroy the Whiners? No first round picks and a bust QB sure is a good start.

View: https://youtu.be/6E8Te1A52fE

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I think I'll wait a couple of years to see actual games because I remember the talk about Patrick Mahomes at practice....too much arm, lots of INTs........yeah.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Way too early to say that Lance is a bust. We can only hope right now.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would consider the source ... Grant Cohn.

32-year-old freelance writer and blogger who's father (the guy in the video with him) was a San Francisco sports writer.

Grant does not have any playing or coaching experience. He does have a YouTube channel. Media and technology options makes it pretty easy for anyone to express their opinions to a wide/public audience. I think it's really important to consider the source.

Grant Cohn may know his stuff but listening to about half that video, he strikes me as a football (Niners) fan with an opinion.

He's like anyone of us! Except he has a YouTube channel, and a lot less experience following football than a high majority of us.

Ram65

Legend
Sounds like Wentz. It's no secret Lance is raw.

It is way to early to make a judgement. If he works on his mechanics who knows. This guy's expectations were overboard to begin with.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Please, Lance is just getting started plus I remember all the pundits who spoke at nauseum about how inaccurate both Josh Allen (Bills) & Lamar Jackson (Ravens) both were and now they are in the upper echelon of signal callers.

Again, Kyle Shanahan is one of the best at coaching up Quarterbacks, quite frankly, IMHO, he's the best in the NFL, so let's pump the brakes here as many of us want the 49ers to struggle, but let's give the kid a break here with his first OTA's.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Please, Lance is just getting started plus I remember all the pundits who spoke at nauseum about how inaccurate both Josh Allen (Bills) & Lamar Jackson (Ravens) both were and now they are in the upper echelon of signal callers.

Again, Kyle Shanahan is one of the best at coaching up Quarterbacks, quite frankly, IMHO, he's the best in the NFL, so let's pump the brakes here as many of us want the 49ers to struggle, but let's give the kid a break here with his first OTA's.

How dare you disagree with Grant Cohn and provide an experienced / common sense perspective!!

He has a YouTube channel!!! Do you have a YouTube channel?

You know, it's not like
just anyone can be on YouTube.

The nerve ...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

F””K Trey Lance & The 9ers First Off!!!

My take from your post is F””K Trey Lance and what has he done? Jimmy G will be a good mentor & yes Shanahan will put Lance in a position to succeed. Green Bay Packers got Live from Utah St.I’d say he is more NFL ready & has a Higher Window.I get how Aaron Rogers was a little upset,but will only make him better.

Your comparison are VERY WEAK. Wyoming was tough Josh Allen is a complete Stud!! He had NFL skill level & talent.The guy had one of The Best Arms I’ve seen coming out.He had a Ryan Leaf cockiness to him.He had way to much confidence in his ability,but was inaccurate & made some bad decisions.He was tested in college though & played at a high level.

Lamar Jackson was one of The Best College Football Players I’ve ever seen.He won a Heisman Trophy.
The dude played at a Extremely high level.He was just undersized & there were concerns.You can’t just put him in a system.Sean Mcvay would change a lot off the Offense for him if he was a RAM.
Trey (mason) Lance has shown nothing IMO.I watched that Robert Rochelle game against him.That is were I got my own scouting report.I was focusing more on Rochelle.He himself has a long way to go.He has the talent to be good. ROCHELLE needs to be COACHED UP.

Trey Lance is what he is right now.He is a raw college QB with talent.From what I saw his game has a lot of wrinkles.Will see if Shanahan cannIron them out. I think he is slow on his reads & then thinks run. He is a good runner for the NCAA & not The NFL . He is to start up when he gets downfield.It works against the smaller schools.

—Who has Shanahan developed? Just trying to draw back ? You can’t say Matt Ryan.Cousins ? I think your giving Shanahan a Free Pass. RG111 I think his rookie season was awesome. His dad ruined his career putting him back against the SeaHags .—Will see

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That dude is a maroon. 9ers looked hard at these guys and knew his weaknesses. If they thought he would be ready year one they probably would have traded JG.

Must be exciting to be a new football fan. :ROFLMAO:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

My take from your post is F””K Trey Lance and what has he done? Jimmy G will be a good mentor & yes Shanahan will put Lance in a position to succeed. Green Bay Packers got Live from Utah St.I’d say he is more NFL ready & has a Higher Window.I get how Aaron Rogers was a little upset,but will only make him better.

Your comparison are VERY WEAK. Wyoming was tough Josh Allen is a complete Stud!! He had NFL skill

—Who has Shanahan developed? Just trying to draw back ? You can’t say Matt Ryan.Cousins ? I think your giving Shanahan a Free Pass. RG111 I think his rookie season was awesome. His dad ruined his career putting him back against the SeaHags .—Will see

IDK, many were down on Allen and questioned him from a couple of tweets too, but he & Jackson were more proven then Lance, I'm just comparing the accuracy angle because that was in question with both Allen & Jackson and let's not forget, many wanted Jackson to play WR, please don't act like Jackson was a sure thing at QB.

Kyle Shanahan has made every QB he's been around better, Cousins, Ryan, Garoppolo & even Nicky Mullens, so as much as I hope that Lance is a bust, I'm betting on Shanahan because of his history with QB's, but again, I hope Lance looses every game he plays against the Los Angeles Rams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

My take from your post is F””K Trey Lance and what has he done? Jimmy G will be a good mentor & yes Shanahan will put Lance in a position to succeed. Green Bay Packers got Live from Utah St. I’d say he is more NFL ready & has a Higher Window.

Speaking of HIGH ... I think you mean a 'Higher Ceiling'

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That dude is a maroon. 9ers looked hard at these guys and knew his weaknesses. If they thought he would be ready year one they probably would have traded JG.

Must be exciting to be a new football fan. :ROFLMAO:

Come'on man. You complete missed the point of this thread. No one is trying to be non-bias here. Where there is an opportunity to dump on the Whiners, we must embrace it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would consider the source ... Grant Cohn.

32-year-old freelance writer and blogger who's father (the guy in the video with him) was a San Francisco sports writer.

Grant does not have any playing or coaching experience. He does have a YouTube channel. Media and technology options makes it pretty easy for anyone to express their opinions to a wide/public audience. I think it's really important to consider the source.

Grant Cohn may know his stuff but listening to about half that video, he strikes me as a football (Niners) fan with an opinion.

He's like anyone of us! Except he has a YouTube channel, and a lot less experience following football than a high majority of us.

You bore me with your level headedness and usage of bold font.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Quit harshing my buzz, bro!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To know how we really feel just ask yourselves this. 'Would I be excited if Trey Lance was on the Rams?'

From my gut I say no. He may pan out but I think he ends up being a middling QB.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
To know how we really feel just ask yourselves this. 'Would I be excited if Trey Lance was on the Rams?'

From my gut I say no. He may pan out but I think he ends up being a middling QB.
I’d be excited if the Rams drafted Lance, great athlete, rocket for an arm & only 20 years old, plus I would trust our scouts, GM & Head Coach. I guarantee you this, 49er fans were elated they took Lance over Jones.