Too early final 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

methomas50

Rookie
If you dont have Beau Limmer on your 53, you better put him in. Graded as one of the highest rookies on PFF FWIW against the squatters the other day 81.1.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jourdan Rodrigue reported that Brennan Jackson has been dealing with a soft tissue injury.
Sounds precautionary. It’s been very quiet regarding Jackson since McVay mentioned he was pleased with how he was showing up and causing problems for the OL. That was all the way back in camp. Has there been any mention of him since? Even so, no way he doesn’t make the 53

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
He'll probably wind up in Atlanta with Raheem Morris along with perhaps a couple others.
That or the practice squad. It can take until year three for some of these players to switch on especially those, such as him, who were 21 when drafted. I haven’t given up on him but am puzzled as to why he is not playing in the slot?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Tomlinson has real coverage talent. But his head is so far up his ass apparently that it doesn't matter. So yeah I agree he's done. That 3rd and 19 failure really pissed me off. If you can't trust the dude on that type of down then he really doesn't have value.

I'd cut his ass and if he ends up bouncing back somewhere else it means that cut helped him pull his head out. But this team has no room for fucking idiots.
Geeze, go easy on him, it’s only year two and he’s still young even if older than he looks :)

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I put Wallace Woods and Jolly ahead of Tomlinson (duh).
Corners get hurt, maybe keep one and the other 2 on the PS.
Safeties I guess keep Yeast he has the experience edge. Be nice to keep McCollough if we can swing it.
He looksd great and Taylor, he looked pretty good to me too.
I'm pretty optimistic about DB depth this year.
BC
Even the practice squad will look much stronger in depth this year, heh!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sounds precautionary. It’s been very quiet regarding Jackson since McVay mentioned he was pleased with how he was showing up and causing problems for the OL. That was all the way back in camp. Has there been any mention of him since? Even so, no way he doesn’t make the 53
Completely agree. However, my guess is that ... if Brennan Jackson was healthy, he would have played in at least one of the first two pre-season games.

The Rams did not dress Verse, Fiske and Corum the past two weeks, and that made sense. Kinchens played against Dallas but did not dress against the Chargers (believe he had a minor injury). Those were the Rams first four draft choices. After that, I think the healthy mid and late round picks would see action.

Don't see any way Brennan Jackson is released. Worst scenario would be short-term-IR.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Just cut by the Eagles. Replace Hunter Long by signing Uzomah? Please :)

In 2023, Uzomah (6-5, 271) played in 12 games with 8 starts but caught just 8 passes for 58 yards and a touchdown. Uzomah did grade out as the fourth-best run-blocking tight end in the NFL last season, according to ProFootballFocus

He’s a high character player:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
This is unfortunate. Let’s hope he clears waivers and is added to the injured reserve. I cannot see another team claiming an injured player so it should happen if that’s what they want

Let’s hope they have Witherspoon on speed dial. In the meantime, I would waive Tomlinson and keep Josh Wallace based on what we have seen

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No need to waive anyone yet, but I agree that Tomlinson is a primary candidate at this point.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is unfortunate. Let’s hope he clears waivers and is added to the injured reserve. I cannot see another team claiming an injured player so it should happen if that’s what they want

Let’s hope they have Witherspoon on speed dial. In the meantime, I would waive Tomlinson and keep Josh Wallace based on what we have seen

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually with an injury settlement that's it. It's kinda like see yah never. Otherwise wouldn't they just put him on IR?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Correct me if I'm wrong but usually with an injury settlement that's it. It's kinda like see yah never. Otherwise wouldn't they just put him on IR?
You are right. I read somewhere that they could bring him back but you are likely spot on. It is a concern as the depth is threadbare

fearsomefour

Legend
If you dont have Beau Limmer on your 53, you better put him in. Graded as one of the highest rookies on PFF FWIW against the squatters the other day 81.1.
Limmer was getting reps in with 1's in practice the other day.
Im sure as a precaution for Detroit, but, he clearly has elevated to the back up C.

fearsomefour

Legend
Bruss, Thomas and Limmer have solidified their back up spots in the interior OL.
All three have been very solid in preseason.
Its going to be hard to cut some of these guys.
The evolution of the roster where there are mostly hard cuts now is a great thing.
I do expect the Rams to go bargain hunting at CB however as the depth at that spot is a major concern.
Edge, LB, OL.....some tough cuts incoming potentially.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think the Rams go with 6 WRs with Tyler Johnson being the odd man out. He's a decent player, but will get caught in numbers game. Xavier Smith is making plays in the passing game and STs and looks to be a kids still growing and has the most juice in the group outside of Tutu. He looks to be a guy who's made the best of his offseason.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sure seems like it's a simple equation with the 6th receiver or maybe 7th. It'll be 90% about ST value given what they've already shown in the offense.

I won't be surprised at the bottom end of the roster here (and other positions) cause I'm just chalking it up to whomever won out on ST.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Could our lack of depth at CB derail our entire season? We are one injury away from a potential catastrophe! Is that too strong? Possibly, but I will feel better if they add a proven commodity