Too early final 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
For my money keep Xavier, check on a team needing WR help and see what you can get for Tutu.
Wouldn't get enough to matter.
Pro Bowl players (albeit usually older) are often traded for 6th round picks.
He still has value on the team.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Ehh.
I like them both.
Robinson has always been a player who disappears at times.
I think there is room in the offense for all of them. The biggest threat to that (a balanced and therefore more dangerous offense) is not the skill of either of these receivers. It is whether or not McVay and even more so Stafford can avoid getting so locked into one player that the O becomes very predictable.
Maybe? But.. again… Stafford likes him.
If getting locked in means exploiting the hot hand, I’m fine with that.
What’s important to me is maintaining the run game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe? But.. again… Stafford likes him.
If getting locked in means exploiting the hot hand, I’m fine with that.
What’s important to me is maintaining the run game.
100% on the run game.
That frees everything up and a player like Tutu, even if used sparingly, could still certainly exploit play action for big plays.
My problem with Stafford is he gets way too locked in. Saw it first hand live. Its easy to judge from the second deck, but, he was forcing the ball to Puka while other guys were wide open. This is the dark side of the Megatron, Kupp, Puka monster seasons.
Having a true number one is great.....and the Rams may have 2 number 1's....but balance makes a offense much harder to defend.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
100% on the run game.
That frees everything up and a player like Tutu, even if used sparingly, could still certainly exploit play action for big plays.
My problem with Stafford is he gets way too locked in. Saw it first hand live. Its easy to judge from the second deck, but, he was forcing the ball to Puka while other guys were wide open. This is the dark side of the Megatron, Kupp, Puka monster seasons.
Having a true number one is great.....and the Rams may have 2 number 1's....but balance makes an offense much harder to defend.
I hear you.. we've seen it.
But, that kind of reinforces my point with Robinson and Stafford having a connection. Look at the last 5 games of last season.. He was being targeted consistently.. and, to your point, the offense was opened up and really, really good.
Kupp was struggling physically down the stretch.. add him to that?

I think Stafford getting locked in was more about the reliability of other targets in his brief time in LA. He was feeding *both* Kupp and Beckham down the stretch in the SB year.

Btw.. it's absolutely amazing. what that offense did with the problems they had with injuries and limitations in the RB room. This current offense.. with Kyren AND Corum? Whooooooweeeeee!!

Just gotta survive the Oline issues to start the season and get healthy.

LOURam85

Rookie
Atwell's also a distant fifth in the wide receiver room; Robinson passed him up last year, and I think Whittington has passed him up this year. Unlike Johnson and Smith, Atwell doesn't play teams. And Atwell has the most value out of any of our wide receivers to get a pick in return.

I could see Atwell being dealt. I admittedly would be disappointed to see Johnson not make the team over Atwell, but I could see that as well. Either way, you have two wideouts on the final year of their contracts.
I disagree Whittington a back up and tutu and Whittington are in different positions… I would be shocked to see Tutu replaced because the rest of receivers outside of x are about the same … that’s one thing I don’t like about Mcvay he love the slot receiver type

LOURam85

Rookie
100% on the run game.
Having a true number one is great.....and the Rams may have 2 number 1's....but balance makes an offense much harder to defend.
That’s y I think Tutu will shine somewhere else I actually think Stafford just doesn’t like short receivers … part of it might be McVay offense

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB - 3
RB - 4 (Scott over Evans)
WR - 6 (Smith as the 6th)
TE - 3 (until Higbee comes back)
OL - 9
DL - 5
Edge - 5
LB - 4 (Speights over Reeder)
CB - 5 (Tomlinson at 4th, ? at 5th)
S - 6 (McCulough over Taylor)
ST - 3

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is on the Rams Team site ...

No action for Omar Speights:
Undrafted free agent signee Omar Speights didn't play on Saturday, but for good reason – general manager Les Snead on the ABC7 broadcast confirmed Speights not only made the 53-man roster, but "as of now" the 48 (the gameday roster; 48 is the maximum number of gameday actives). Thus, they took a precautionary approach with his health.

"We didn't want to subject him to a possible injury because we could be relying on him on Sunday Night Football," Snead said on the broadcast.

WestCoastRam

Legend
QB - 3
OL - 9
DL - 5
Edge - 5
ST - 3
Didnt they hold Josh Wallace out? Imagine he's 4th at CB now

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I like the Rams pre-season system (and Sneed's drafting). Omar looks like a winner. Glad to see Bruss doing well too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
QB - 3
OL - 9
DL - 5
Edge - 5
ST - 3
QB is 2 for now... and Jackson won't count against the OL.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would put Bennett on the PS once Crapola comes back.

No one is going to pick him up after the preseason he had.
I have been in Bennett's corner ever since he was drafted. The kid was a winner, and I believed he just needed some time and experience. After watching Dresser Winn yesterday, I can't believe McVay didn't play Bennett one more game, since Winn wouldn't make my high school team. But I have seen enough. OK to have Bennett on the roster for the first 2 games (we have no one else) and the practice squad, but I'm hoping someone gets cut or waived and the Rams sign him. There is no way in hell the Rams are going to try and make it through the season with Bennett on the practice squad as Garoppolo's backup. Zack Wilson? Aiden O'Connell? The ghost of Norm Van Brocklin? Anyone, for fuck's sake... but please get another body on the practice squad.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is on the Rams Team site ...

No action for Omar Speights:
Undrafted free agent signee Omar Speights didn't play on Saturday, but for good reason – general manager Les Snead on the ABC7 broadcast confirmed Speights not only made the 53-man roster, but "as of now" the 48 (the gameday roster; 48 is the maximum number of gameday actives). Thus, they took a precautionary approach with his health.

"We didn't want to subject him to a possible injury because we could be relying on him on Sunday Night Football," Snead said on the broadcast.
OK
Now I understand Snead’s above comment … “We could be relying on him (Speights) on Sunday Night Football.”

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I could see Hummel starting based on him being better in coverage and overall athletic ability.

fearsomefour

Legend
That’s y I think Tutu will shine somewhere else I actually think Stafford just doesn’t like short receivers … part of it might be McVay offense
KC.
Would love to see how Reid would use his speed and create mismatches or space for him.