Too early final 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched every defensive snap again. Three UFAs stood out. Two of these possibly haven't garnered enough attention:

Josh Wallace. He looked "great" in zone coverage and could make the final 53 if he continues to show out like this. I say this because of the amount of Zone coverage, on Sunday. Was Wallace our best zone defender on the day? It looked that way to me

Anthony Goodlow. Based on this performance he should have been drafted. He could develop into a solid 3-4 End with starting potential. He got some nice penetration; their OL got virtually no push on him; he looks strong even before pro conditioning; has the length to trouble OGs and OTs

Omar Speights. He looks fast, diagnosing and transitioning. He made three great plays even though his snaps were limited. Is he big enough? His frame doesn't look maxed out to me. I didn't see much from him on special teams which limits his chances of making the final 53.

I know Zack VanV has his fans on this board, but these three look like better developmental prospects after preseason week 1

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
My too-early roster:

QB: Stafford, Bennett. (PUP: Garoppolo.) (2)

(Yeah, we're only keeping two. I'm sorry, but Garoppolo deserves the job over Bennett. We need to find a QB of the future in 2025's draft.)

K-Will, Corum, Rivers. (3)

(I'm only keeping three, but with K-Will and Corum spelling each other along with Rivers, I think we're well-off.)

WR: Kupp, Nacua, Robinson, Whittington, Johnson, X-Smith, Wiglusz. (6)

(Hope Wiglusz is okay after that hit. Thought he did an incredible job this game, along with Smith and - especially - Whittington. Everyone else shouldn't be a surprise.)

TE: Parkinson, Allen. (Higbee: IR) (2)

(Yes, only two tight ends. I think Parkinson and Allen have it wrapped up nicely.)

OL: A-Jax, J-Jax, Avila, Dotson, Havenstein, Limmer, (C/G) Noteboom (LT), McClendon (RT/G), Leveston (LG/RG), Bruss (G/RT). (10)

(First five aren't surprising, but I am so happy to see Bruss come back to life. Think that we'll need ten...and I don't trust Kaskey, McDermott, or Lindstrom.)

DL: Turner, Fiske, BB3, D-Johnson, T-Davis. (5)

(Turner and Fiske should be amazing, but don't discount BB3, Johnson, or Davis; they could be solid. I don't think we're going to need anyone else on the line.)

EDGE: Verse, Young, Hoecht, B-Jax, Hampton, Jones, Hummel, Speights, (8)

(Verse and Young are going to be bookends for the next five years. Hoecht is solid, Brennan Jackson could be a find, and if Hampton keeps playing the way he did against the Cowpokes, he's got himself a spot. Jones' injury is a concern, but I thought that Hummel and Speights acquitted themselves well. Now, chant it after me: NO. MORE REEDER!)

DB: White, D-Will, Durant, Jacobs, THT, Curl, JJ3, Lake, Yeast, Kinchins, Taylor. (11)

(Think Curl and JJ3 are going to get first crack at regular safety spots with Lake and Yeast subbing at STAR. Kinchins should have a redshirt year. A healthy White will propel us to the Super Bowl again, and if D-Will has a bit left in him, and Durant rounds back to form, we could have an awesome - if temporary - corner group. Jacobs, THT, and Taylor round out teams.

ST: Karty, Evans, Ward (3)

(No surprises here.)

Either way, going to be one hell of a competitive and talented camp.

If Tutu was competing for a spot he would have played in the last game. The only way hes not on the team this year is through a trade.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I doubt Bobby Brown doesn't make the team.

Tutu probably makes the team too.

And I think we are keeping 3 TEs and 4 RBs

BB3 = Bobby Brown III.

I think Atwell is a potential trade chip, but this roster is just what I would do. As for tight ends, I think I'd scour the waiver wire beforehand for a developmental one, but I think we're fine rolling with Parkinson and Allen.. I just don't want to lose Leveston or Bruss on the offensive line, especially if Bruss has turned the corner. Also don't want to lose either Smith or Wiglusz, Speights, or a defensive back.
If Tutu was competing for a spot he would have played in the last game. The only way hes not on the team this year is through a trade.

I know. This is just what I would do, not what the Rams would do.