LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gotten boring TBH. Once you finish the main game there's a couple collectibles you can get but can't use them on anything. At least not for long.

Well, I'll still probably purchase it. It's not like I can keep playing Odyssey, Andromeda, and Shadow of War forever.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well, I'll still probably purchase it. It's not like I can keep playing Odyssey, Andromeda, and Shadow of War forever.

I mean its still good. I have about 185 hours logged on it. I did like the story. There are multiple arcs that interconnect and leads to a pretty cool ending (which can change depending on your actions throughout the game).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Do we have any old Diablo 2 players looking for a rerun with the remake?
Absolutely. If it's literally just then sharpening the graphics and making it a little more "currently intuitive" (as opposed to what used to be considered intuitive) I probably won't play it that much. But I'll get it for the nostalgia factor alone. That and sharing with my kids.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have an issue with my Xbox One. The frame rate in all of my games has slowed down (as in there’s serious lag). I just had issues today, what do I do?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have an issue with my Xbox One. The frame rate in all of my games has slowed down (as in there’s serious lag). I just had issues today, what do I do?
When mine did this back in October a hard reset and clearing caché cleared it up.
Hard reset by holding the power button down for 10+ seconds, unplug power. Press the power button a few times to rid the counsel of power. Let it sit for 5 minutes the plug it back in, it’ll do the reboot to the green Xbox screen.

Hope that helps if you haven’t tried it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
When mine did this back in October a hard reset and clearing caché cleared it up.
Hard reset by holding the power button down for 10+ seconds, unplug power. Press the power button a few times to rid the counsel of power. Let it sit for 5 minutes the plug it back in, it’ll do the reboot to the green Xbox screen.

Hope that helps if you haven’t tried it.

Thanks, Neil. I believe it had something to do with the Internet, and it's working wonderfully now. Thank you for the advice! :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a new obsession: Eve Online.

In my travels as an older gamer I have never encountered a game quite like it. Best comparison I can make is back in the 90s I played a game called Privateer which was set in the Wing Commode universe. For the time it was fantastic. But it can't touch Eve. Eve is really something and it makes me wish I had quit WoW fifteen years ago. I have been pining for a new MMO for years and it was right there and I didn't realize it.

If you have preconceptions like I did about it... The game is about building cool ships, fitting them with equipment to do whatever your goal is, and building new ones when they get blown up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Okay all. I’m officially in the PlayStation universe as I have a PS5 and got it to play FF XIV, but also was intrigued with more story oriented games. Got Detroit: Become Human and wow.

I mean WOW!!! What an amazing game!!!

Got Horizon Dawn, Witcher 3, Persona 5, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain and plan on getting the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. They were all included with PS Plus or only cost $10. I’m cheap as hell usually, so they works for me! Well, not the Mass Effect game, but I now have a backlog!

Considering getting Diablo 3, but I HATE Bobby Kotick, the asshole who runs Activision/Blizzard so much that I quit WoW so as not to give him another dime. Fuck him. Plus he kills the small studios that actually make the games and even killed Guitar Hero because he didn’t want to license the music...

Anyway, still on the fence about Red Dead Redemption as I dunno if there’s an easy mode (with my dyslexia I mix up the location of buttons in my mind so quick react games I’m the worst at). If there is, I’ll snap it up.

Feels good to not be in the Mac gaming box... and the PS5 is a brilliant machine.

Also, looking for a good 1 person golf game. I can’t stand these games that FORCE you to play against people. Screw that. I just wanna hit a ball and see gorgeous graphics. So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lastly, anyone have experience with Hunting Simulator 2? It’s a PS5 title and looks pretty good, but I have no idea about sims like this.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Okay all. I’m officially in the PlayStation universe as I have a PS5 and got it to play FF XIV, but also was intrigued with more story oriented games. Got Detroit: Become Human and wow.

Got Horizon Dawn, Witcher 3, Persona 5, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain and plan on getting the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. They were all included with PS Plus or only cost $10. I’m cheap as hell usually, so they works for me! Well, not the Mass Effect game, but I now have a backlog!

Considering getting Diablo 3, but I HATE Bobby Kotick, the asshole who runs Activision/Blizzard so much that I quit WoW so as not to give him another dime. Fuck him. Plus he kills the small studios that actually make the games and even killed Guitar Hero because he didn’t want to license the music...

Anyway, still on the fence about Red Dead Redemption as I dunno if there’s an easy mode (with my dyslexia I mix up the location of buttons in my mind so quick react games I’m the worst at). If there is, I’ll snap it up.

Feels good to not be in the Mac gaming box... and the PS5 is a brilliant machine.

Also, looking for a good 1 person golf game. I can’t stand these games that FORCE you to play against people. Screw that. I just wanna hit a ball and see gorgeous graphics. So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lastly, anyone have experience with Hunting Simulator 2? It’s a PS5 title and looks pretty good, but I have no idea about sims like this.
What's funny about the golf games is that I loved Links on the PC when it came out in the early 2000s - the graphics were great and the gameplay was hard at first but got easier as I played it. Still think it was the best golf game out there for a long time.

And I had to crack up every time the announcer said - I think he hit a tree Jim. I think they got the actual golf announcers to do the voice over.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Playing quite a few games on my emulators. The one I'm into is Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure. That and DWM2: Cobi's Journey are the two sequels to the original Dragon Warrior Monsters. Basically, if anyone's ever heard of Dragon Quest, DWM is basically the Americanized name for it.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Okay all. I’m officially in the PlayStation universe as I have a PS5 and got it to play FF XIV, but also was intrigued with more story oriented games.

Nice, I'm still waiting on stock to be stable to buy mine at MSRP (damn scalper bots)

Recommend God of War, The Last of Us (parts I and II), and Ghosts of Tsushima if you haven't played it on PS4 yet. Visuals are a notch above PS4 Pro from what I've seen

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, Ghosts of Tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2 are on the list, but I’ll spend the money when I’m ready to play it or when they’re on sale.

I also love bargain bin shopping for games I might like to try, but wouldn’t pay full price for. Rarely would I pay full price.

And I got lucky on my PS5. I followed a couple of PS5 stock trackers on Twitter and got the Miles Morales bundle with the extra controller which is what I wanted for MSRP from Costco of all Places...

Honestly due to the demand and worldwide silicon shortage, without using a tracker or having crazy good luck, you’re probably looking at more than a year from now before we see stock sitting on store shelves. The tracker is worth the time, imho.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Is the PS5 backwards compatible? If so, I highly recommend Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War. They have combat that's a lot like the Arkham games with Assassin's Creed stealth and Red Dead Redemption ranged combat.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If anyone hasn't played Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4/PS5 now is your chance. Full edition (main game and DLC) is FREE from PS right now.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Is the PS5 backwards compatible? If so, I highly recommend Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War. They have combat that's a lot like the Arkham games with Assassin's Creed stealth and Red Dead Redemption ranged combat.
I can’t play those games because my hands tremble and I just have issues with the controller.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m playing Shadow if Mordor on Xbox

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Honestly due to the demand and worldwide silicon shortage, without using a tracker or having crazy good luck, you’re probably looking at more than a year from now before we see stock sitting on store shelves. The tracker is worth the time, imho.

Good to know, I do want to get a PS5 eventually but I'll wait it out until stock stabilizes; especially when God of War: Ragnarok announces a release date. I've been deeply invested in PC games so far (glad my GTX 1070 is running well); been playing Civilization VI, Crusader Kings III, Total War: Warhammer II, and Humankind beta so far