LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Could have sworn there was a thread like this already but couldn't find it in search. One thread to discuss games that those not interested can safely ignore, and in the darkness, bind them... or something.

Anyway, if you happen to use Steam, you can pick up a free game this weekend:

Until Monday, 10 AM Pacific, you can redeem ARMA: Cold War Assault to your account for free. The publisher says it's a thank you to the fans.

You can register your free game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A little late for the party, but I finally got a used copy of Madden 25 to tide me over until it's Madden 15 time. I still wonder what they're going to call the game in 10 years.

I actually like it quite a bit. It looks a lot smoother than previous versions, and the game has finally stopped swapping your punter and kicker in the 2nd half of preseason games, something that's irked me for a while.

The Rams are lots of fun to play with. I wish I could have gotten a video of one play, Austin and Givens on the same side, pass to Givens, and Austin throws an incredibly sweet block to free him for the 6.

I've started a franchise mode and added some Free Agent talent, since in Madden you know how good someone will be before signing them, and they won't become a team cancer. I added Randy Moss, Scott Shanle and Kerry Rhodes to beef up the talent a little for a year. So far, the surprising highlight is Quinton freaking Porter being a beast in a preseason game.

A little late for the party, but I finally got a used copy of Madden 25 to tide me over until it's Madden 15 time. I still wonder what they're going to call the game in 10 years.

I actually like it quite a bit. It looks a lot smoother than previous versions, and the game has finally stopped swapping your punter and kicker in the 2nd half of preseason games, something that's irked me for a while.

The Rams are lots of fun to play with. I wish I could have gotten a video of one play, Austin and Givens on the same side, pass to Givens, and Austin throws an incredibly sweet block to free him for the 6.

I've started a franchise mode and added some Free Agent talent, since in Madden you know how good someone will be before signing them, and they won't become a team cancer. I added Randy Moss, Scott Shanle and Kerry Rhodes to beef up the talent a little for a year. So far, the surprising highlight is Quinton freaking Porter being a beast in a preseason game.

Madden 25 part 2?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Something weird in my Madden 25 Connected Franchise. I'm only playing as the Rams on field and letting the computer take care of the ownership stuff.

Two weeks into my Franchise, there's multiple in-game Twitter posts about how the Rams are moving to freaking London. And I did nothing to cause such. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm going to be not too happy if the game tries to force me to change the Rams' name and logo.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
i wish i could participate in this thread but I still can't get past level one of Tempest....

tempest.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Got a game that I highly recommend if any of you own an Xbox One: Watch Dogs. It makes hacking even cooler than it already is, it's a sandbox game that I like (a rarity), and the amount of detail they put into it alone makes it worth buying. Good plot, flawless mechanics from my short experience playing the game, and the graphics are great. Only thing missing is that you can't really customize anything except for your clothes, but hey, that's a minor quibble. Highly recommend this game.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Played another game, and apparently it's for real (in the game I mean). The new team name has already been announced too... and the St. Louis Rams are apparently set to become the London Black Knights. This is, of course, the stupidest name I've ever heard.

Plus, I don't know what kind of posters we'd attract as Black Knights On Demand. ;)

Got a game that I highly recommend if any of you own an Xbox One: Watch Dogs. It makes hacking even cooler than it already is, it's a sandbox game that I like (a rarity), and the amount of detail they put into it alone makes it worth buying. Good plot, flawless mechanics from my short experience playing the game, and the graphics are great. Only thing missing is that you can't really customize anything except for your clothes, but hey, that's a minor quibble. Highly recommend this game.
I've heard a lot of hype for Watch Dogs, but not much about it. I'll probably look into it when it's a little older and the price comes down some.

BTW, I love your avatar, Memento. In Pokemon Pearl, I caught them all. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Played another game, and apparently it's for real (in the game I mean). The new team name has already been announced too... and the St. Louis Rams are apparently set to become the London Black Knights. This is, of course, the stupidest name I've ever heard.

Plus, I don't know what kind of posters we'd attract as Black Knights On Demand. ;)
That's the dumbest name I ever heard. But. On previous editions of Madden, I would make a new team (fantasy draft) and they were always the Centurions.
1625728-cologne_centurians.gif

So I guess I have no room to talk.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
That's the dumbest name I ever heard. But. On previous editions of Madden, I would make a new team (fantasy draft) and they were always the Centurions.
1625728-cologne_centurians.gif

So I guess I have no room to talk.
I always used to like moving the 49ers to Anchorage, making an outdoors stadium for them, and dressing them in all pink uniforms.

And Centurions is still less dumb than Black Knights:

1. No one could possibly take Centurions in any kind of racial context.
2. Are our players supposed to still want to play football if they're missing limbs?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I've heard a lot of hype for Watch Dogs, but not much about it. I'll probably look into it when it's a little older and the price comes down some.

BTW, I love your avatar, Memento. In Pokemon Pearl, I caught them all. :)

It's not often that I say this about a sandbox game (I stopped playing all of them since they all want to go the GTA route and be as amoral as possible), but this one deserves the hype. The fact that it isn't a shoot-them-up sandbox title makes it original in my eyes. Granted, you can still probably murder everyone in the game if you want to, but there's actual consequences to that.

And I actually have most of the recent Pokémon games (Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and Y), and I'm planning on getting one of the newer titles coming out in November. Say what you want about it, but there's a lot of good reasons why this series has lasted almost twenty years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I always used to like moving the 49ers to Anchorage, making an outdoors stadium for them, and dressing them in all pink uniforms.

And Centurions is still less dumb than Black Knights:

1. No one could possibly take Centurions in any kind of racial context.
2. Are our players supposed to still want to play football if they're missing limbs?
The team doctor when addressing injury reports: "It's just a flesh wound."

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's not often that I say this about a sandbox game (I stopped playing all of them since they all want to go the GTA route and be as amoral as possible), but this one deserves the hype. The fact that it isn't a shoot-them-up sandbox title makes it original in my eyes. Granted, you can still probably murder everyone in the game if you want to, but there's actual consequences to that.

And I actually have most of the recent Pokémon games (Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and Y), and I'm planning on getting one of the newer titles coming out in November. Say what you want about it, but there's a lot of good reasons why this series has lasted almost twenty years.
I do go on rampages from time to time in GTA, but those come after I save and am just fooling around.

I've got Pearl, Heart Gold, Black and Black 2. I'd have to get another 3DS before I could get X or Y. I didn't realize when I bought the system in Korea that it was language locked to Korean. I got a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii that were all settable to English while over there.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I do go on rampages from time to time in GTA, but those come after I save and am just fooling around.

I've got Pearl, Heart Gold, Black and Black 2. I'd have to get another 3DS before I could get X or Y. I didn't realize when I bought the system in Korea that it was language locked to Korean. I got a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii that were all settable to English while over there.

Yeah, I did rampages in The Godfather (only sandbox game I played before today), but hey, it was just as fun to go the respected route and just gun down all of the mobsters I could find. And that's what I like about Watch Dogs. You're not forced to go one way or the other.

Wow, the 3DS itself is language-locked? That sucks. I thought it was just the games that were language-locked...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
And apparently, each city you can possibly move to has three name choices, each with it's own defined uniforms.

These Falcon derivative uniforms make me throw up in my mouth a little:

vZSxJr9.jpg

owmNx6g.jpg

ej2TwSM.jpg

The other London options are the Bulldogs and the Monarchs (apparently reviving the NFL Europe franchise).

For those curious, the options for teams moving to L.A. are to become the Los Angeles Dreams, the Los Angeles All Stars or the Los Angeles Aftershocks (Why not the earthquake itself instead of the aftershocks?)

Oddly enough, a team can move to Houston (don't know if this requires the Texans to leave first or not) and become the Houston Oilers, even though the Titans retain all copyrights over that name.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Yeah, I did rampages in The Godfather (only sandbox game I played before today), but hey, it was just as fun to go the respected route and just gun down all of the mobsters I could find. And that's what I like about Watch Dogs. You're not forced to go one way or the other.

Wow, the 3DS itself is language-locked? That sucks. I thought it was just the games that were language-locked...
I've heard that rampages in The Godfather can be kind of heartbreaking since the game generates names for all the random NPCs and you can see who they are.

And yeah, unless I get it modded someplace, the 3DS is language locked AND region locked. Although I can play most regular NA DS games in it. For some reason, it refuses to recognize Pokemon Conquest though and I have to play that on my old original non-lite DS.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I've heard that rampages in The Godfather can be kind of heartbreaking since the game generates names for all the random NPCs and you can see who they are.

And yeah, unless I get it modded someplace, the 3DS is language locked AND region locked. Although I can play most regular NA DS games in it. For some reason, it refuses to recognize Pokemon Conquest though and I have to play that on my old original non-lite DS.

Dude, Watch Dogs takes that to a whole 'nother level. Not only do you get their names, but you also get their occupations and random notes like "recovering from liver cancer" and "his best friend recently died", and it makes you wonder why the hell you'd even think about robbing them. And I rarely went on rampages in The Godfather for that reason.

Wow, that sucks, man.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I picked up South Park the stick of truth cheaply, it was a pretty funny game. Typical South Park humor. From a pure game standpoint, short and not so great, but the setting makes it worth it. Like an extra long south park episode.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I picked up South Park the stick of truth cheaply, it was a pretty funny game. Typical South Park humor. From a pure game standpoint, short and not so great, but the setting makes it worth it. Like an extra long south park episode.
I'm interested in picking up Stick of Truth at some point. I've heard it's much better than previous South Park games.

I've played the original South Park game (which technically was an FPS, but you didn't really shoot guns per se) which had some original ideas... but terrible terrible draw distance hurt the game, and South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! which looked better, but still limited use of the license.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It is much better, it was done right, looks like south park, sounds like south park, has humor like south park.