LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Anyone playing "New World"? I just started playing and so far it's pretty fun.

Psycho_X

Legend
Anyone playing "New World"? I just started playing and so far it's pretty fun.
I played for 119 minutes on steam. Can't decide if I want to keep going or refund while I have one minute of play time left lol. It does seem fun but can't decide if it's a long term fun. The three way pvp seemed like it could be fun but would probably depend on your server.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just preordered Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl!!!!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I played for 119 minutes on steam. Can't decide if I want to keep going or refund while I have one minute of play time left lol. It does seem fun but can't decide if it's a long term fun. The three way pvp seemed like it could be fun but would probably depend on your server.
I haven't flagged for pvp yet but I will soon. Right now I'm still getting a feel for the combat. I'm used to TAB targeting type games. This is a lot harder but as I get better at it I find I'm really liking it. The environment is so well done too. You can interact and gather resources from almost everything. I spent an hour late last night just wondering the wilderness gathering and exploring aimlessly. It was fun.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Having a blast with Elden Ring, played Dark Souls and Bloodborne but couldn't get into it with the linear progression from fighting tough enemies but adding an open world / non-linear approach helped made the notoriously difficult combat of the game much more enjoyable.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I've beat Resident Evil Biohazard, Watch Dogs Legion and Days Gone recently. I may have to start Assassin's Creed Valhalla or continue with Vanguard.

PS5 is my addiction.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've beat Resident Evil Biohazard, Watch Dogs Legion and Days Gone recently. I may have to start Assassin's Creed Valhalla or continue with Vanguard.

PS5 is my addiction.

Horizon Forbidden West. The game the ps5 was made for.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm waiting for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet to come out in late 2022. Before that, however, I'm planning on beating quite a few Nuzlockes.

Psycho_X

Legend
Finally nabbed a Xbox series x, they seem to be easy to get now unlike PS5. I had been debating back and forth which one I was going to get but got sick of waiting for the PS5 to become available.

Trying to decide what games to get. Looking forward to playing RDR2 again on a much quicker system load time wise. Might get Elden Ring all though not sure how much patience I have these days for punishing gameplay. Going to try AC: Valhalla because I'm just now binging my way through the Viking series so I have an itch lol. Long load times really turns me off on games sometimes so looking forward to the new speed.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Finally nabbed a Xbox series x, they seem to be easy to get now unlike PS5. I had been debating back and forth which one I was going to get but got sick of waiting for the PS5 to become available.

Trying to decide what games to get. Looking forward to playing RDR2 again on a much quicker system load time wise. Might get Elden Ring all though not sure how much patience I have these days for punishing gameplay. Going to try AC: Valhalla because I'm just now binging my way through the Viking series so I have an itch lol. Long load times really turns me off on games sometimes so looking forward to the new speed.

I highly recommend Mass Effect: they have a legendary edition, doesn't cost too much, has three games and DLCs, upgrades damn near everything and runs like a dream on the Xbox Series X.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I'm playing a game so complicated I can't even finish the tutorial. Crusader Kings 3 on Xbox s

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Didn't know they had CK3 on console. Just remember you're playing the family not just the character you start with. Always start with a good plan, i.e. make sure you have good alliances and have realistic plans per generation in what you want to accomplish.

Tough game to learn but man it's fun once you get crown authority and inheritance figured out.

Psycho_X

Legend
I have played quite awhile on Elden Ring. I suck at difficult games like this but I really have enjoyed this game.
Is it fun long term? I used to love difficult games but the older I get and the less time I have to just throw hours at trying to kill one boss the less patience I have for them. So wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it or not. How punishable is it to die? I read you lose runes or something every time but I have no idea what that means or how detrimental it is if you die multiple times in a row.

Tano

Legend
Runes - runes are what you use to buy stuff and also level

When you die - you drop all your runes where you died. If you die again before gathering them up, you lose them permanently.

Runes are fairly easy to accrue if you don't mind grinding a little.

There is one spot in the game where about 30 mobs are that you can easily kill one at a time especially if you kill them from afar using magic or upgraded bows/crossbows. They each drop 1000 runes so I just go thru and kill them all in about 15 minutes or so and get easily 30000 runes.

You can also add another 20% if you get the 20% talisman and another 50% if you create an item that is really easy to make.

So you can get 1700 runes per kill.

The major bosses are a real pain. General Radahn is a nightmare boss. And the first boss to get into Stormveil I had a really difficult time killing.

The minor bosses - some are really difficult, some are not too bad.

I would level up to at minimum 50 before doing any boss though. Just my opinion. And level up even more for the more difficult bosses.

If you don't mind grinding, you can easily get to level 200 in a few weeks play. I just don't like grinding and am only at 163 after a few months of off and on play.

Edit - one other thing - once you kill the queen - she will allow you to reset your character if you don't like where you put your points into.

I have done it 3 times and I can do it another 6 times at the point that I am at.

Right now I am a spell caster but I might decide to go full out melee at some point.

Also - I only do major bosses when I have spent the majority of my runes because you might give up fighting a boss and decide to level up and you can't get your runes back from the fight against the major boss

Last edited: