LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh, and YES, the PS5 is backwards compatible with most PS4 titles.

Lastly, my fave game dev is quantic dreams. First I played Detroit: Become Human and then Beyond: Two Souls... (there BETTER be a sequel!!!) and both were just amazing.

You know you have played an amazing game or watched an amazing movie or read an amazing book when you feel changed by it... both of those have done that for me.

Now gonna finish Heavy Rain... their first game... more of a crime drama... also amazing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, and YES, the PS5 is backwards compatible with most PS4 titles.

Lastly, my fave game dev is quantic dreams. First I played Detroit: Become Human and then Beyond: Two Souls... (there BETTER be a sequel!!!) and both were just amazing.

You know you have played an amazing game or watched an amazing movie or read an amazing book when you feel changed by it... both of those have done that for me.

Now gonna finish Heavy Rain... their first game... more of a crime drama... also amazing.

Heavy Rain is an amazing game. Dark as hell, sad as hell. Even the main serial killer has a very sad motivation for the things they do. (The other two, though, are just assholes.)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I still play ARK on PS4 quite a bit and am still enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Heavy Rain is an amazing game. Dark as hell, sad as hell. Even the main serial killer has a very sad motivation for the things they do. (The other two, though, are just assholes.)

I'm not done with it, yet, so no spoilers.

But yeah, it's dark as hell. I had to take a break.

I want a golf game for when I'm just farting around or want something lighter to play as my interests tend to run dark...

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm not done with it, yet, so no spoilers.

But yeah, it's dark as hell. I had to take a break.

I want a golf game for when I'm just farting around or want something lighter to play as my interests tend to run dark...

How about baseball? I hear that the Xbox X (which I'm getting for my birthday, I think) has a few games that are compatible with the PS5 (along with a lot of my Xbox One/Xbox 360 games), and I've always liked MLB: The Show, so I figure, why not?

Madden, though, has not improved its My Player (or whatever the hell it's called) from 2007 when you could literally alter everything (up to parents of your player to decide which position you play and the player's tattoos, hairstyle, etc.) and do anything (movie deals? Signing agents? Commercials? Yes, yes and yes.) along with the My GM (or whatever the hell it's called) always being boring without any story behind it.

Madden has gone way downhill since 2007. I loved 2007 a ton. I have not found a single Madden title worthy of being half as good as 2007 was.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
@Memento have you bought or played Valhalla yet? If/when you do, I highly recommend getting the season pass and playing the DLC Wrath of the Druids. It's the same stuff in the main game but the story is so good. I'm actually invested in one of the characters, and this character has skyrocketed to my top 5 list of favorite game characters. The soundtrack is pretty good too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
@Memento have you bought or played Valhalla yet? If/when you do, I highly recommend getting the season pass and playing the DLC Wrath of the Druids. It's the same stuff in the main game but the story is so good. I'm actually invested in one of the characters, and this character has skyrocketed to my top 5 list of favorite game characters. The soundtrack is pretty good too.

Is that the one where they jump to Ireland? I saw I got some 5 gig download on my PS5 (don't know if that's what this is, seems too small though) but I canceled it, since I don't play the AC games, and didn't feel like waiting for that one with my shite connection.

I'm iffy on it though, since it looks like they're playing a little fast and loose with the mythology a bit and I can trace my family history back to when we were Chieftains trading with the Vikings and part of the fighting to kick them out the first and second time. As good as it sounds to play as a Viking giving the English invaders a taste of their own medicine, not as into killing my potential family tree.

What parts of Ireland do they give you access to, and do they say if it's set during the first or second Viking invasion? I'm assuming Dublin (should be labeled something like Dyflin or Áth Cliath or both if they're really good), and the surrounding areas, would be the play area, and they would more likely set it during the second invasion when they established more of the coastal towns. Also do they highlight the fact that Viking groups got repeatedly swallowed up by the Irish (defeated) and the Vikings were unable to conquer or even take much ground in Ireland due to the decentralized nature of the power system, (which is what forced them out the first and second time, and why they came back with Irish settlers the second time who left with them the first time).

I haven't really enjoyed an AC game since Black Flag to be honest, I'm mostly just interested in running around and seeing how it looks, but if the story is worthwhile, I may give it a shot. If it's just going to make me go "Ugh, no, that's not right." then I'll pass.

Angry Ram

Is that the one where they jump to Ireland? I saw I got some 5 gig download on my PS5 (don't know if that's what this is, seems too small though) but I canceled it, since I don't play the AC games, and didn't feel like waiting for that one with my shite connection.

I'm iffy on it though, since it looks like they're playing a little fast and loose with the mythology a bit and I can trace my family history back to when we were Chieftains trading with the Vikings and part of the fighting to kick them out the first and second time. As good as it sounds to play as a Viking giving the English invaders a taste of their own medicine, not as into killing my potential family tree.

Yeah Ireland. I'm loving it. It's called Wrath of the Druids, and so far all the mythology is from hallucinating. It's not really a lot of Vikings/Christians, though just in parts and the raids. You can only kill soldiers tho, if you kill civilians or priests even on accident you can get de-synched.

What parts of Ireland do they give you access to, and do they say if it's set during the first or second Viking invasion? I'm assuming Dublin (should be labeled something like Dyflin or Áth Cliath or both if they're really good), and the surrounding areas, would be the play area, and they would more likely set it during the second invasion when they established more of the coastal towns. Also do they highlight the fact that Viking groups got repeatedly swallowed up by the Irish (defeated) and the Vikings were unable to conquer or even take much ground in Ireland due to the decentralized nature of the power system, (which is what forced them out the first and second time, and why they came back with Irish settlers the second time who left with them the first time).

Dublin, spelled just like that, is the main hub. It's pretty small, as is the map. Places like Ulster, Meath, etc. are part of it. The story is pretty grounded, nothing to do with history so far. It's original(ish) about the druid cult and the new Irish king.

I haven't really enjoyed an AC game since Black Flag to be honest, I'm mostly just interested in running around and seeing how it looks, but if the story is worthwhile, I may give it a shot. If it's just going to make me go "Ugh, no, that's not right." then I'll pass.

Yeah Black Flag was the peak. The rest are still fun but the charm isn't there. I liked Origins a lot. Odyssey was love/hate. The problem w/ Valhalla is that it's a HUGE world but you are really limited on things you can do based on the map size. The story is pretty good. I got invested in Eivor and the multiple story arcs. Problem is if you haven't played Origins and Odyssey you may not understand the ending.

The DLC is very grounded and I freaking love Ciara.
maxresdefault.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah Ireland. I'm loving it. It's called Wrath of the Druids, and so far all the mythology is from hallucinating. It's not really a lot of Vikings/Christians, though just in parts and the raids. You can only kill soldiers tho, if you kill civilians or priests even on accident you can get de-synched.

Dublin, spelled just like that, is the main hub. It's pretty small, as is the map. Places like Ulster, Meath, etc. are part of it. The story is pretty grounded, nothing to do with history so far. It's original(ish) about the druid cult and the new Irish king.

Yeah Black Flag was the peak. The rest are still fun but the charm isn't there. I liked Origins a lot. Odyssey was love/hate. The problem w/ Valhalla is that it's a HUGE world but you are really limited on things you can do based on the map size. The story is pretty good. I got invested in Eivor and the multiple story arcs. Problem is if you haven't played Origins and Odyssey you may not understand the ending.

The DLC is very grounded and I freaking love Ciara.
maxresdefault.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the run down, I'll give it a go after my second TLOU 2 playthrough, try to get through it before Ratchet and Clank.

Angry Ram

Awesome, thanks for the run down, I'll give it a go after my second TLOU 2 playthrough, try to get through it before Ratchet and Clank.

Keep in mind this is not a fluid game. Combat is clunky and not in a grungy viking way. It's passable. Also stealth is hard AF. Gotta be really careful if you play that way.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Just got Valhalla, and I'm waiting for the Xbox X and necessary TV to be delivered to my door. (Thank you, family for the birthday present!) Also got MLB: The Show 21 and the Mass Effect Legendary Edition!

bluecoconuts

Legend

Horizon's is looking amazing, the combat, visuals, it looks like they're doing a great job of expanding the IP.

The next generation of games already looks so promising, I can't wait to see how they handle things like the adaptive triggers. Going from a game that uses the controller to a game that doesn't is more noticeable than I expected.

bluecoconuts

Legend

After many delays and radio silence, Dying Light 2 comes back with a release date (December 2021) and an impressive video. First one scared the pants off me when I got stuck outside the wire at night, this one looks like it'll be even scarier, so I'm ready to freak out.

Angry Ram

Horizon's is looking amazing, the combat, visuals, it looks like they're doing a great job of expanding the IP.

The next generation of games already looks so promising, I can't wait to see how they handle things like the adaptive triggers. Going from a game that uses the controller to a game that doesn't is more noticeable than I expected.

Yup. This is the game the PS5 was made for. Can't freaking wait.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Man, I just started playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and I fucking love it. Also am trying to get a Pokemon fangame on the computer to work again (I had it working before, accidentally uninstalled it, and now it's not working) and not having much luck.