The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Watching this debacle..... Fuck it...play the kid. At least he throws it more than 8 yds down the field. So, if he turns it over whats the diff??? Keenum was disgusting....

fearsomefour

Legend
Pretty bad.
As bad as it's been since....Minnesota last year?
The O....I don't know if that get fixed. The O line got its ass kicked inside. The play calling was predictable and had no imagination. How Austin is being used looks like a total reset from last year.
One thing we have learned under Fisher is the team is not as bad as they look when have a bad game and not at as good as they look when they pull an upset.
After being devoid of optimism heading into last year Inwas optimistic heading into this year.
This loss was brutal to me.
The O could not overcome the coin toss.
The team lacks discipline. The flags , the personal fouls. Is this ever getting fixed under Fisher? I think not. The Rams come off as punks. They want to talk trash and be edgy but have done nothing on the field.
The Whiners showed complete lack of respect for the Rams O. They stacked the box and the Rams ran right into it. It's like the plan was hoping Gurley could pop one or Austin could squirt free for a TD. Prevent offense.
I was feeling real optimism heading into this year.
Dashed on the rocks of Point Boras.
I think I will check out for a couple of weeks.

Bruce2980

Starter
There was one moment I almost snapped a screen photo of the box stacked like that. There was no respect shown for our passing game in this one.
This is what is going to happen every game Keenum plays until he can demonstrate an ability to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. But until then, all defenses will need to play is cover 1 or cover 0, 8 or 9 in the box. And when Keenum can't even make a 3 step drop without a defensive player in his face, he may just have to start throwing backward passes to get Austin "in open space."

HellRam

Starter
Well said and you didn't even mention the inexplicable decision to throw Hav in when he can't even walk let alone block, move Saffold to guard and do some moronic rotation at the other guard just to TOTALLY MAKE SURE it would completely screw over any sort of OL unit continuity or preseason jelling.

The list of backfired decisions could fill 100 threads.

I was thinking of this through out the game.

Why not wait till Havenstien is more ready.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think we can get worse. That's good news, right?

Coach Fisher: "Challenge Accepted!"

On the real, I hope that's the good news and that this embarrassment makes for a super surly group next Sunday...

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think we can get worse. That's good news, right?
Grob looked good at LT is pass pro. Didn't really have to think about him out there. He has improved for sure.
Austin had a nice punt return not
called back....although there was a hold that didn't get called.

TexasRam

Legend
It's impossible to put the blame on the Oline in a game like this.

When the defense is sending 8 guys and stacking with 10 its impossible to block.

The problem for the Rams is in this order:

1. Offensive playcalling - which Young and Berman called horizontal passing.
2. WR's that can't consistently open and catch
3. QB that's unable to throw accurate and or deep.

1 and 3 can be fixed overnight. 2 will require getting other WR's into the offense. Spruce and Cooper for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.