The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Goff would have fumbled twice and been intercepted three times.

The whole offense sucked except Britt. The entire machine. Please god, please freaking god, put Goff in next game so people can shut the freak up.

Goff! Goff! Goff! Goff! Play him!

See what I said about Goff. He will get ate up... lolol Please read a post is all I'm saying. :)

Rachismo

UDFA
Name
Rich Rutledge
Where to start...

The only thing worse than the coaching and the officiating was the broadcast.

Steve Young gushing over the 49ers "perfect play", when I watched hold after hold, PI, late hits, etc... go uncalled.

How Keenum and Sensabaugh are better than anyone on the practice squad is beyond me.

If Fisher doesn't resign tomorrow, he should fire Boras, at the very least.

This team has gotten worse, since last year and I didn't think the offense could get worse.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I used a vacation day for this :(
I haven't put my 2 cents in on the whole qb situation at all up until now, but after this I rather watch Goff make mistakes and see what he can do with the offense than ever watch what happened tonight again.

Donald losing his cool and choking that guy was the lowest point of the night for me. I get he was probably being held all game and was frustrated but that doesn't excuse that.

Now I gotta deal with Hawks fans all week, how am I suppose to put any confidence in this team after tonight?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
serious? they looked similar to what I saw...Britt...and a bunch of others...with Keenum floating the ball 5 yards...mostly 3 yards...

Never felt this strongly in agreement...

Forgot what this was Rhody, but I'm sure I really agree with it...LOLOLOLOL

When you have to tell someone you know what you're doing...you dont.

couple of things fellas....the o-line...not great, but not as awful as some make it...you can't just line up and run on everybody...hell, you have to give them the threat of something else...and not a screen..or short out....something deep to intermediate...if not, no room to operate...get guys blown up underneath...QB has to stretch the field..play calling has to be....get this...unpredictable....
Lets get a new QB in there...trust me...Goff doesn't look underneath ALL the time...Mannion does..imo....but still, this problem is deeper..it's Fisher ball...and he's trying to fool us...he's cool losing...I see that now...cut him and his son...any player from Tennessee....Any coach he's hired...Fire Les too...for Goff, Pead, and signing Long...get rid of all of these guys...asap....Sensabaugh is the recent worst FA signing of the offseason...like they brought Finnegan back...Joyner is garbage too...Anyone that thinks he's good, GW, fire his ass too...cutting your starting LB??? No money...get rid of Demoff...if they really want to WIN, changes need to be made....

I guess Quick survives another week, huh?

Oh yeah, I don't know what Boras is doing...but if Tavon is only this...fire whoever drafted his ass, and whoever extended his ass...

Again, I want a real QB in there b4 we make sweeping personnel changes....So Boras & Weinke should be gone b4 any players....

Worst loss I've seen on opening day ever:mrburns:....I've been watching Rams football since 1975....:baghead:

That Tavon contract.. When I heard it I was like wtf??? Has the cat earned it??? Then I just chuckled.. Wow..

FRO

Legend
I'm not sure what people were expecting. This is essentially the same team the Rams have trod out there the last 2 years. Hill/Davis/Keenum are basically the same QB. Defense isn't as good without Jenkins and McLeod. Receivers still suck. Line still sucks. I would say the only place where the team is better is that Gurley is starting the season.

Fisher and Snead should have been let go in the offseason. They had a treasure trove of picks and a bunch of cap space and couldn't build a winner or even improve the offensive needs over a 4 year span. Give them a 5th year and the team is the same as it was. To give them any more time is insanity. Their 6th year will most likely look like their previous years. Time to clean house.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Something is really wrong...... when Keenum has more yards/carry than TGII

bluecoconuts

Legend
How does that even equate with that pressure and those drops? Are you also saying Gurley is a failure? Because he sucked ass. He blew.

Drops weren't what lost us the game.

The pressure and Gurley's lack of yards is a direct result of the 49ers not respecting Keenum as a passer. They constantly stacked 9, 10 in the box, daring Keenum to throw down field and they never did. They swarmed to every run and there was 4, 5, 6, 7, sometimes 9 guys right there. That's not because they were so amazingly fast, it's because they were close. Crowd the line, take away the short passes and the run game, because that's all we have. They put 11 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage because they didn't respect Keenum as a passer. Why would they? He constantly threw underneath stuff, even when it was 3rd and long.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I haven't put my 2 cents in on the whole qb situation at all up until now, but after this I rather watch Goff make mistakes and see what he can do with the offense than ever watch what happened tonight again.

Donald losing his cool and choking that guy was the lowest point of the night for me. I get he was probably being held all game and was frustrated but that doesn't excuse that.

Now I gotta deal with Hawks fans all week, how am I suppose to put any confidence in this team after tonight?
At least there is a chance the Rams shut up the shecock fans next week, I gotta listen to all the faggy whiner fans til we get another shot at them. Fuck even raider fans are gonna talk shit after tonights debacle.

I also wasted a vacation day for this, I'm sure my phone will be blowing up in a couple hrs.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I feel your pain man. I got stuff done today early, but could have gotten more done. I took a half night vacation. Sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my time with the Rams since 73. But know what? I think I'm not with all the friends I have here. That's about the only thing that keeps me going man. Posters here, and especially my good friends in the chat room. Don't worry about them Seahag fans.. Usually Fisher can compete with Carroll. He just can't with Kelly.. lolol

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think you misread my post. Go back and read it please. :) I'm saying the same thing as you are dude. lolol Are you a millennium? ;)

I don't know that I was quoting you, perhaps I did, I'm too pissed to even consider it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
First off people need to quit with the OL. When the OL is facing up to 9 in the box on any given play due to the defense KNOWING they don't have to sweat a route past 10 yards it is a numbers game plain and simple. Had a bunch of friends over and we were counting the box by the third quarter, and more often than not the Rams ran right into 8 or 9, or passed when the box was light. It was very strange, as if the Niners knew what they were doing given down/distance/formation. Boras got his butt handed to him by the Niners DC, plain and simple. Then he failed to adjust.

Now that said the QB who is an extension of the OC can sometimes make the dude look bad. And Case did. I'm not even gonna waste my time on how bad Case was, that's how bad he was. But this IS where I am going to say once again what I said during camp, that there was only ONE QB I witnessed in practices who looked down field routinely and it was the rookie who got tarred and feathered for playing poorly in the face of bad protections in preseason. But, hey, he's not ready to play the kind of error-free ball Keenum provides, right? Oh and neither is Mannion?

And Tavon. Dude was fair catching punt returns with coverage team cushions that were very favorable... WTF? And of course his signature dropping of passes and leading this WR corps by example. Also potentially running wrong routes (or Case was missing by 5+ yards). Great thing we locked him up though, phew. Some rookie WRs need to be starting when they come available, that's all I can say with the wideouts.

In closing I said in chat that IF I were the owner I would have fired Fish at halftime. I meant it and still do. The dude just lost to a 1st year head coach in his 5th year, with the roster he and Snead have built. And they suck. Why in the F would you even entertain keeping this circus going at this point? Fire him for the love of F!!!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
At least there is a chance the Rams shut up the shecock fans next week, I gotta listen to all the faggy whiner fans til we get another shot at them. freak even raider fans are gonna talk crap after tonights debacle.

Yeah that's gonna be rough. Maybe buy some lube?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Drops weren't what lost us the game.

The pressure and Gurley's lack of yards is a direct result of the 49ers not respecting Keenum as a passer. They constantly stacked 9, 10 in the box, daring Keenum to throw down field and they never did. They swarmed to every run and there was 4, 5, 6, 7, sometimes 9 guys right there. That's not because they were so amazingly fast, it's because they were close. Crowd the line, take away the short passes and the run game, because that's all we have. They put 11 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage because they didn't respect Keenum as a passer. Why would they? He constantly threw underneath stuff, even when it was 3rd and long.

And none of that is Keenum. He has a long storied history of going long. That's coaching and play calling. Stop scapegoating Keenum, give him a chance and a target and he will go long.

Status
Not open for further replies.