The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Fisher won't be fired during the season. And he shouldn't be. He'll find a way to win a couple we didn't expect. But honestly, I don't see how we can be any better than the 7-9 bullcrap he talked about. This is vintage Fisher. Goff won't see the field and Keenum can't lead this offense anywhere.

What was disappointing was the way it was clear the 49ers wanted it more. The defense did not look like they were hungry in the first half. The offense looked like they over ate like pigs the whole game.

After what I witnessed tonight. I doubt he finds a way to win 2 games this year.. Bring in Goff and we'll maybe win 1 game.. That was a horrible trade. OL also sucked tonight, and I'm a Boudreau fan. I'm ready to fold my tent but have to regroup..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not kidding about this but mid-way through the first quarter the picture went out on ESPN. The commercials had a picture but not the game. Only the sound worked. At first I was ticked off but then got the sense that someone was looking out for me. :)

As for the game...

avd.gif

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I really don't get Fisher.. It's perplexing.. Usually he has his teams up for a division opponent.. The Whiners are weaker now.. Kelly owned him tonight.. How many years have we put up with this now? What's worse is I have to hear the St. Louis media tomorrow.. Thank you Jeff Fisher..

Kelly schooled his ass with Foles and Philly in 2013. If not for Austin Davis in garbage time, it would have been ugly. That game was 34-6 before anyone woke up. Fisher has a penchant for getting out coached badly. NE will roast his ass again, watch.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I'm absolutely fucking disgusted. We have ZERO fucking offense. I feel sick....

Psycho_X

Legend
So far management decisions looking awful. An offense that doesn't throw the ball past 5 yards and relies on defense. But allows their best CB to leave via free agency while signing a useless replacement and giving big contract to undersized wr with so so hands who won't run patterns past the line of scrimmage anyway.

The team is just looking poorly managed and coached right now. Team came out flat as hell. And it has to change one way or another.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brees is Gnomed sized. So is Russel Wilson. Both Smaller than Keenum actually. Let's leave size out of it bro.

Brees and Russell are skilled QBs. Keenum is not. Guy has bad field vision.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
How does the Goff pick save his butt? That was a very bad trade.
I'm not sure about it being a bad trade at this point, but coaches are almost always given a season to see what a highly rated drafted player might do for his team before an owner sends him packing. Goff may not be ready yet, but Keenum and most of the Rams O absolutely sucked tonight. Keenum couldn't hardly find anyone but Britt, the game plan was terrible, the OL looked bad, execution didn't exist, unless it happens in the locker room after the game. Mannion should have been allowed to play at least the 4'th quarter, anything to try and shake up the offense. This must have been one of the worst coached games i've ever seen, ... not much anything else I can say. jmo

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Most demoralizing loss I've witnessed.

First game of the year?

Against the favorite to be worst team in the league?

Shut out?

Giving up 28?

This one hurts. It's visceral, and it hurts.

IF this coaching staff disappeared tomorrow, I would not question it. I would let Mark Barron be player/headcoach.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tomorrow the Rams strength coach from Hard Knocks walks into Fisher's office and looks Fisher in the eye and says "Coach, Kroenke wants to see you in his office. It looks like you've been cut." Lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Kelly schooled his ass with Foles and Philly in 2013. If not for Austin Davis in garbage time, it would have been ugly. That game was 34-6 before anyone woke up. Fisher has a penchant for getting out coached badly. NE will roast his ass again, watch.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the 50 they'll hang on us.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Shutouts rarely happen in the NFL. I mean, we didn't even sniff the endzone.

Even if you aren't completing passes, you still have to try to push the ball vertically in the passing game. Try and keep the defense honest just a little bit. Gurley, Barry Sanders,Walter Payton...doesn't matter who the RB is, if there are 8 guys in the box with one more coming hard on every down, you will not run the ball with any sort of success.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had serious questions in the off-season whether Boras could alter positively this broken scheme.

One game isn't a large sample, but I hardly think anyone's encouraged by today's offensive output.

The scheme is simply broken, it's too horizontal which I and others mentioned repeatedly this off-season and it seems that nothing fundamental has changed which means that other than a few more passes maybe being completed, it's more of the same. Even with better QB play, we likely still lose 28-14. The D wasn't playing like it did last year and the 9ers were dialed into our horizontal scheme which was so obvious that the color commentator was dialed into it...

Also...can we say how much we miss JL now? Or ask why our DL was rushing wide every down after getting repeatedly gashed?

Honestly, I don't know if Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben could do anything in this broken scheme... Doesn't put players on position to make plays and doesn't even achieve goals like 1st downs...

The next 3 games have ugly written all over them. If they don't get things worked out and quick, this rabbit hole is gonna get awful deep real quick...

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'm not sure about it being a bad trade at this point, but coaches are almost always given a season to see what a highly rated drafted player might do for his team before an owner sends him packing. Goff may not be ready yet, but Keenum and most of the Rams O absolutely sucked tonight. Keenum couldn't hardly find anyone but Britt, the game plan was terrible, the OL looked bad, execution didn't exist, unless it happens in the locker room after the game. Mannion should have been allowed to play at least the 4'th quarter, anything to try and shake up the offense. This must have been one of the worst coached games i've ever seen, ... not much anything else I can say. jmo

We needed more depth from the draft choices we gave up. Just saying. We reached for a QB with all those picks. Time will tell who is right.

Edit. Yes. Yes you were correct on getting Mannion in there. We needed to try and shake something up the way we were playing. To me OL sucked, but maybe with Mannion in there it would have shaken them up? Gotta do something the way that Offense looked. Fisher lost me tonight..

Last edited:

Goodman16

UDFA
Name
Goodman
Did anyone actually see Fisher doing any coaching tonight? (Or ever?) Just stands there gazing, ever and always. Dum-dee-dum-dum...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So Aaron Donald gets ejected for shoving someone, yet the whiner player that threw a punch at Tru22 wasnt even flagged. AD gets called for roughing the passer because he took him to the ground after the ball was gone, yet Keenum was hit in the throat and driven to the ground, but no flag. Maybe the lack of officiating had a little bit to do with the Rams losing their cool. The D played their asses off, being held and blocked in the back all game long with no flags.

But there is no excuse for the pathetic showing on O

Status
Not open for further replies.