The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
In Snisher we trusted....Yeah its over. I'm sure Stan the man is making calls right about now...
That's not how Stan operates. I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher isn't retained until the opening of the new stadium. Fisher was hired in 2012 because he has dealt with the whole relocation process. I believe Kroenke may keep him until the facilities are in place. Kroenke doesn't run his team's to necessarily win. He runs them to make him money. It's his right for him to do so, it just sucks as a fan of his teams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ahh yes. Keenum is not capable of bad play..but of course.

Lol.. I'm done.

Peace yall. GO Rams!!!

NO, Keenum is capable of bad play....he should be good enough with a monster D and adequate o-line and receiver play.

NONE of that happened today!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly at this point with as poorly as this team is playing as a whole throwing Goff in would be like throwing a blind person into a lion pit with a piece of meat strapped onto them. Its risky, I dont want the kid to get hurt.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'm not even joking when I say this...
With that bullshit offense and play calling we displayed today, how can Goff not be ready...?
There didn't seem to be much to the offense we run.
Maybe Fisher and Company (Boras) are trying to over complicate a shit offense...
Seriously...you mean to tell me that each 3 yard out play is so entirely unique and complicated that our rookie QB can't pick it up?
The kid's from Cal so he has to have a decent head on his shoulders.
All this verbage Boras has our QB's memorizing is meaningless if your plays suck.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NO, Keenum is capable of bad play....he should be good enough with a monster D and adequate o-line and receiver play.

NONE of that happened today!

So Keenum should be good enough if everybody else carries his ass? That's the exact problem I've been pointing out for the last few weeks. Give me the kid with the potential to carry the team over the guy who needs to be carried by the team.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am thankful that I Haven't watched the game!

1981, 1990 and 2013 were my most painful 'openers'. This may be in 1st place.

The 'horizontal' offense we saw in the exhibition season, I thought, was to hide what we really had. I didn't know it is what we had.!!!! I thought our O line would blow people off the ball, but wow and triple wow maybe I am wrong.

I am sooo thankful, I love to watch 5-6 other teams, otherwise my $200 for gamepass would be in vain.

Believe it or not, I think they can beat the Seahawks next week....and 2-14 ain't so bad, right?
Kidding: the problem is, Jeff will get is 6-10 or 7-9, and we won't have a good #1 pick...oh wait, we have no #1 pick ;)

I am so thankful that I care fo other things more than the Rams, because if I cared about the Rams like I used to I would feel physically sick. And, sad thing is: they have a lot of talent. That is all on candy boy Jeff.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's not how Stan operates. I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher isn't retained until the opening of the new stadium. Fisher was hired in 2012 because he has dealt with the whole relocation process. I believe Kroenke may keep him until the facilities are in place. Kroenke doesn't run his team's to necessarily win. He runs them to make him money. It's his right for him to do so, it just sucks as a fan of his teams.

Exactly, look at every team he owns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly at this point with as poorly as this team is playing as a whole throwing Goff in would be like throwing a blind person into a lion pit with a piece of meat strapped onto them. Its risky, I dont want the kid to get hurt.

The dude played through a 1-11 season as a 190 pound freshman at Cal. He can handle it.

He's not the first guy to get thrown into the fire nor will he be the last.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Yep. I saw them. The 49ers blitzed. You know what Keenum did to beat their blitzes? Nothing.

The OL didn't play well. But they were hamstrung by a god awful QB to begin with.

Yep. Let's just blame the OL for the QB who couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn tonight or find open WRs.

I'm just waiting for the post saying we would have lost if we had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers back there.

A crappy QB ruins an offense. That is why Goff was worth what we gave up for him. And that is why he is worth starting.

You want to validate that opinion. Go take a look at where the 2010 Colts ranked offensively. Now go look at the 2011 Colts.

Counselor (and I use that term in the utmost respect). I grow weary of debating with you. You have no open mind, nor respect of the people you engage with. You actually come across as an elitist which makes you look very sad and your're better than that. . You're making me think of you as Hillary Clinton now, or one of the Bush's.. That said how many INT's did Manning have his first year? 28? I'd have to look it up again. What was the record of the Colts that year? Goff is also no Manning.. I don't know where you get that from to begin with? Goff was a reach and we gave up way to many picks for the kid. As I said in prior posts, time will tell who is right.

Do you always have to have the last word? Are that you conceited? If so, no problem. I'm curious as to your age. You sound more like a young Colin Kraperdick is all. lololol And good for you if you are, but just realize some have seen more football, and also made better business decisions (as in this football business decision). Have you ever ran a business in your life? If so, cool.

The only thing I have been saying with our bantering counselor, is bring Goff on. I can't wait to see what he does and prove your arse wrong. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but doubt it. The proof will be in the pudding no? So why argue, or do you consider me deplorable? You prolly do.. lolol But we'll see how Mr. Goff does.. Again, I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. Good Lord, the way you think (meaning having to have the last word and so righteous in your convictions), no wonder this country is so damn divided.. Shame too, because you seem like an intelligent chap. Peace. Time will tell, and you know me.. I've always admitted when I have been wrong on here. Just expect the same from you brother. Peace.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am thankful that I Haven't watched the game!

1981, 1990 and 2013 were my most painful 'openers'. This may be in 1st place.

The 'horizontal' offense we saw in the exhibition season, I thought, was to hide what we really had. I didn't know it is what we had.!!!! I thought our O line would blow people off the ball, but wow and triple wow maybe I am wrong.

I am sooo thankful, I love to watch 5-6 other teams, otherwise my $200 for gamepass would be in vain.

Believe it or not, I think they can beat the Seahawks next week....and 2-14 ain't so bad, right?
Kidding: the problem is, Jeff will get is 6-10 or 7-9, and we won't have a good #1 pick...oh wait, we have no #1 pick ;)

I am so thankful that I care fo other things more than the Rams, because if I cared about the Rams like I used to I would feel physically sick. And, sad thing is: they have a lot of talent. That is all on candy boy Jeff.

Best advice I can give you: NEVER WATCH THIS GAME. Don't do it. Don't subject yourself to that torture.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Kroenke, being a wise businessman, would fire Fisher's ass tonight if he plays on selling tickets.
This shit show of a team will not hold the attention of people in LA when they have plenty of other options.
It's the entertainment capital of the world and tonight their hometown Rams were less than entertaining.
Entertainment sells tickets, tickets bring in revenue...lackluster ticket sales shouldn't bode well for a guy shelling out a ton of dough for a new stadium.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Thats some 7-9 bullcrap right there....

Like I said before the season - he's a thoroughbred racehorse - not a beast of burden - why are we trying to ruin his career by pretending its 1989??
Fisher has this offense like it is pre-1973. I know, I watch 3+ "oldies" games a week. Any offense post 1973 had real patterns by the WRs and some diverisity 'down' the field.

Every NFL coach is laughing at Fisher.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So the strongest part of our team had zero impact but it's all on the QB?

How did Gurley do today?

Gurley would have done better with a QB that wasnt afraid to take what the D was giving him. How many times did Keenum run Gurley right into a stacked box, when a pass would have been the safer and more productive play. If they have 8 guys at the LOS and 1 deep that leaves 2 defenders to cover 3 players if you audible to a quick pass. And by pass I mean beyond the LOS not a screen or lateral. IMO quick slants would have worked to at least move the LBs off the LOS to give Gurley some room to work.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your argument is biased. Goff did not even play yet you mention him and not Keenums play.

Your Wentz comment is also telling. Theirs no debating going on here.

Aslo I liked the way Goff played in the preseason. The ball moved downfield,. Was their a couple bad turnovers... sure he is a rookie. However you dont mention Keenums awful turnovers, why's that?
Shhhhhhhhhh it's fun watching him defend a QB with a rating of 34.2. Clearly it was everybody else's fault he's great. He had a whole off season to grow as a passer and he can lead us to wins!

RamzFanz

Damnit
So Keenum should be good enough if everybody else carries his ass? That's the exact problem I've been pointing out for the last few weeks. Give me the kid with the potential to carry the team over the guy who needs to be carried by the team.

YES! He's not the focus, he's the best we could do and he WOULD be good enough in many systems. You want the kid? I HOPE they start him next week. I PRAY they do so you'll stop thinking he's a game changer when he can't win a preseason game.

When this D line can't get a sack, we lose, period. When our star RB is worthless, we lose. You want JG in this in this NFL? Me too. Lets see it. Do it Fisher.

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Counselor (and I use that term in the utmost respect). I grow weary of debating with you. You have no open mind, nor respect of the people you engage with. You actually come across as an elitist which makes you look very sad and your're better than that. . You're making me think of you as Hillary Clinton now, or one of the Bush's.. That said how many INT's did Manning have his first year? 28? I'd have to look it up again. What was the record of the Colts that year? Goff is also no Manning.. I don't know where you get that from to begin with? Goff was a reach and we gave up way to many picks for the kid. As I said in prior posts, time will tell who is right.

Do you always have to have the last word? Are that you conceited? If so, no problem. I'm curious as to your age. You sound more like a young Colin Kraperdick is all. lololol And good for you if you are, but just realize some have seen more football, and also made better business decisions (as in this football business decision). Have you ever ran a business in your life? If so, cool.

The only thing I have been saying with our bantering counselor, is bring Goff on. I can't wait to see what he does and prove your arse wrong. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but doubt it. The proof will be in the pudding no? So why argue, or do you consider me deplorable? You prolly do.. lolol But we'll see how Mr. Goff does.. Again, I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. Good Lord, the way you think (meaning having to have the last word and so righteous in your convictions), no wonder this country is so damn divided.. Shame too, because you seem like an intelligent chap. Peace. Time will tell, and you know me.. I've always admitted when I have been wrong on here. Just expect the same from you brother. Peace.

I've been perfectly fine with jrry's post... He's very logical and has strong reasonings.

Better than some of the drivel being posted tonight.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
The dude played through a 1-11 season as a 190 pound freshman at Cal. He can handle it.

He's not the first guy to get thrown into the fire nor will he be the last.

Honestly not many options. Its a prototype, but who knows. Throw Goff in against the seahags. If he pulls it off, Keenum gone Mannion remains 2nd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Dag, I have plenty of respect for you. This simply isn't an issue I am willing to budge on. What happened tonight was exactly what I feared would happen. I know I've come across as a negative asshole this entire preseason, but it was because I felt that Keenum would lead us straight into the gutter.

Peyton Manning did have 28 picks. The Colts went 3-13 that year. You know what...it also led to one of the greatest QB careers of all time. I'd take that for one more year of sucking.

However, that ignores the realities of today's game. Manning was a rookie in 1998. Look at what past rookies like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, etc. have done. It's a different game. Rookie QBs have an easier transition and can make a bigger impact early on.

Yep. Bring Goff on. The kid will have his ups and downs, but ultimately, his play will be good enough for us to win with.

You know me. Never shied away from admitting when I was wrong either. But I'm not worried here. Goff is the guy. We made the right decision.

Do I like getting the last word? Yes. Am I conceited? Yes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly not many options. Its a prototype, but who knows. Throw Goff in against the seahags. If he pulls it off, Keenum gone Mannion remains 2nd.

Exactly. We saw what Keenum offered against SF. We can't trot that out against Seattle. Goff will have his ups and downs, but he can challenge them down the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.