The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
You know. The disappointment was the lack of discipline on the D. The O was lack points scored.

To me, the worst part of the D was the play calling, which is very surprising considering GW is one of the best in the business. Id say at least 70% of pass plays were simple 4 man rushes, even though their was little to no pressure from our dline all game long. Against a weak QB like Gabbert and a weak WR core like the niners have, blitzes should be even more effective. Idk if it was the no huddle or what, but that shit is inexcusable imo

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Dag, I have plenty of respect for you. This simply isn't an issue I am willing to budge on. What happened tonight was exactly what I feared would happen. I know I've come across as a negative icehole this entire preseason, but it was because I felt that Keenum would lead us straight into the gutter.

Peyton Manning did have 28 picks. The Colts went 3-13 that year. You know what...it also led to one of the greatest QB careers of all time. I'd take that for one more year of sucking.

However, that ignores the realities of today's game. Manning was a rookie in 1998. Look at what past rookies like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, etc. have done. It's a different game. Rookie QBs have an easier transition and can make a bigger impact early on.

Yep. Bring Goff on. The kid will have his ups and downs, but ultimately, his play will be good enough for us to win with.

You know me. Never shied away from admitting when I was wrong either. But I'm not worried here. Goff is the guy. We made the right decision.

Do I like getting the last word? Yes. Am I conceited? Yes.

I know you're conceited.. lolol You asked me what the Colts stats were now. Not good.. lolol

But yes. Let's bring Goff on, but Fisher isn't going to. Hence why I clamor for Mannion. Played in a Pro Set offense. We're not going to start Goff right away. Trust me, Fisher won't unless Stanley tells him to. That said, I want to see the rubber hit the road where Goff is concerned. Let's see how good he is eh? Only one way we're going to find out.. I don't think he's as good as all the picks we gave up for him. There was no QB in that draft worth that. See our secondary for one. But that's my opinion. Again, time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.

I appreciate the civil response/comeback even though you're wrong counselor. :cool: Myself, I do have the utmost respect for your knowledge except in this case. I just don't see this kid as a number 1 overall pick, especially for what we gave up. Kind of reminds me of the Iranian nuclear deal. We got screwed.. Hell I could throw Nafta and TPP in there too. ;) My opinion though, and I know you think I'm wrong.. lolol Again, thanks for being civil and time will tell. Have a good one my friend.

PS. Btw I got this speeding ticket.. lolol

Last edited:

TXRams86

The Infamous
To me, the worst part of the D was the play calling, which is very surprising considering GW is one of the best in the business. Id say at least 70% of pass plays were simple 4 man rushes, even though their was little to no pressure from our dline all game long. Against a weak QB like Gabbert and a weak WR core like the niners have, blitzes should be even more effective. Idk if it was the no huddle or what, but that crap is inexcusable imo
Rushing 4 and having at least one of them held each and every play doesn't make it very easy to get pressure.
Even on the VERY FEW times we would blitz, the refs were too busy looking at the Niners' asses and wouldn't call those holds either.
The officials were truly pathetic this game.

FRO

Legend
Fisher and Snead have had 18 top 100 picks since 2012, two top 5 and 7 first round picks. They built a team that couldn't even score against a horrible 49ers team. There should have been accountability after 2015. Yes they hit on Donald and Gurley and a few other picks, but they have missed on building a competitive team or even a league average offense. They have had vast resources and plenty of time to get it done.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
You really should stop making it personal. Especially when you're throwing your personal opinions in there. You throw so many insults at a kid who's never taken a regular season snap yet you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's going to be a failure and it's was a reach to pick him yet you criticize others for having their opinion on him and not agreeing with you. You throw derogatory nicknames at other members and then question their age and maturity. That whole last paragraph wow just wow.

Say what? Maybe you should look yourself in the mirror? How am I getting personal with football opinions? Wow.. This board has freaking changed.. Damn.. You just said it yourself above, that he's never taken a regular season snap so what makes you think he's going to be a success? I'm just saying he wasn't worth the picks we gave up for him and no QB in that draft class was worth a number 1 overall pick. And yes, I think the pick was a reach.. I hope I'm wrong as I told jrry32. I can't speak my mind? And btw that post was between me and jrry32, not you. Me and jrry32 are cool. And btw, jrry and others were criticizing me, so I can't defend my opinion? I'm thinking you're a bit out of bounds myself chief.

I'm thinking OldSchool you are not.. :)

Last edited:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Rushing 4 and having at least one of them held each and every play doesn't make it very easy to get pressure.
Even on the VERY FEW times we would blitz, the refs were too busy looking at the Niners' asses and wouldn't call those holds either.
The officials were truly pathetic this game.

I didnt really look for/notice the holding so I cant comment on that, but theres holding every play, its just a matter of if its seen/called or not. I do know there was few if any called on the rams also, so its not like they were biased but just not calling holding. And if thats the case you cant just hope they start calling holds, you got to adjust and find another way to get pressure. Its not like we havent been held in the past and not gotten calls, yet still got pressure. it was just a piss poor game by the coaches and players on both sides of the ball. No one seemed to realize they were actually playing a game today

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Save yourself the stress guys! We've been here before (many times) and this year won't be any different.
We are a bad football team, from Kroenke & Fisher down. Change is needed before we'll compete.

As for the 'play Goff' debate -There are enough holes on this roster to hinder a team with competent QB play, let alone a Keenum led Fisher offense. However, I can see both sides of the debate. Yes Keenum is awful and it's not like we'd be sacrificing a playoff position by sitting him and playing Goff, but is it even possible for a very green Goff to improve whilst weathering our offensive deficincies? Or will playing him simply bewilder him and dent his psyche. It's a fine balance between helping and hindering him! Not an easy choice.

In other news, I'd like to take a moment to share a thought for all the poor Rams fans that set their alarms for 3.30am, or some other ungodly hour, to wake up to watch that game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
At least next week after they suck again I will cancel my gamepass and save some money.

Not watching this shit all year.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is probably the longest post I'll make here so there's a TL;DR version at the bottom

I've just watched the game ... I have never never seen such a timid,Insipid ,awful ,lacklustre ,clueless , performance than that (and that's just for the defense )

I'm not a guy that bashes players or the team in general (let's be honest after that performance there will be enougg people doing that ) but that was pure 0-16 bullshit let alone 7-9

Where was this online that people were convinced were great ?
Wtf on defense the one thing as rams fans we got to hang our hats on just got obliterated
Offense ....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 'ore like offensive

The one thing I liked about fisher was he had our guys ready to play our division hard ..guess we can't even say that

I'm disgusted dejected and down right pissed off

I can't even make a suggestion as to what to do as every facet of this team sucked

TL;DR version
We sucked I'm not happy

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In other news, I'd like to take a moment to share a thought for all the poor Rams fans that set their alarms for 3.30am, or some other ungodly hour, to wake up to watch that game.

Amen to that, I'm too tired to vent.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
After not being able to sleep in anticipation of this game and than in frustration and downright anger, time to let it vent a little

We have seen this team lose in incompetent fashion before, but this one just hurts cause it's SF and we were confident we would win

The defensive gameplan we had was apparently to sit back and keep it basic so there would be no confusion with the high tempo offense of chip Kelly, let this just be what freaking chip Kelly is trying to achieve. The difference in defensive performance in the first half and the 3rd quarter is staggering amazing what happens when you attack on defense.

Speaking of confusion on defense, when your defense is running off the field cause they just made a stop on 3rd and 6 and the genius chip Kelly decides to go for it on fourth down trying to catch you off guard, might be a good idea to use a timeout ...

Get Coty Sensabaugh off the field, I would even go with 10 men on the field.

Offense: I will watch the all-22 film cause I just cannot believe there are coaches that make it to the NFL level that can not draw up pass plays to take advantage of 8-9 man in the box. It has to be the QB otherwise we're screwed. That being said I tried to guess on 20 plays if they would run or pass and I was right on 18 of them, predictability might be an issue ...

From what I recall the pressure seemed to come mainly from the right side of the offensive line, so Grob did okay??

The number 89 must really do something to the hands of the players that wear it ...

Why do I spend 7 months each year convincing myself that we have a good team and a coach that knows what he's doing?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
If a QB not named Jared Goff starts for us against Seattle, I will not be watching that game. Sundays are my only days off, and I'll be damned if I'll continue to support this 7-9 bullshit.

Call me a hater, fairweather fan, whatever. Fact is, every Rams game I've been to has cost me over a grand in travel expenses, and I'm paying full price for Sunday Ticket this season. Enough is enough god dammit.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
HEY! Turn that frown upside down!

Some images to help cleanse our palette and make us feel better! Woooosah.

giphy.gif

grly.0.gif

Gurley_Hurdle_1.0.gif

todd-gurley-flips-clay-matthews.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Embarrassing

The Oline has a ways to go they got their asses handed to them and it all went downhill from there.

TA looked like a bust not some $42 million secret weapon. Ogletree doesn't know how to play that position. WTF was up with the interior D line having a huge gap in the middle?

FLAT ASS EMBARRASSING

If I was Kronke I'd be in the locker room Tuesday and people would be hearing it, no one's jobs should be safe on this team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can't get upset about things I have no control over. Especially a game played by other people.

That said...

I won this game on Madden.
Handily.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
This coach and this ownership does not take winning serious. If it did, they wouldn't pay 30+
Million to extend Austin. They wouldn't trade up 15 picks to get the wrong QB, all the while giving up our near future in 1st. We wouldn't be promoting coordinators from a system that clearly sucks and we wouldn't be getting so small on D. Letting JL go and putting Alec in the middle was a mistake I think. Sensabah....I have nothing to say...fuck. I don't know if I can keep this up. A real change needs to be made.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Save yourself the stress guys! We've been here before (many times) and this year won't be any different.
We are a bad football team, from Kroenke & Fisher down. Change is needed before we'll compete.

As for the 'play Goff' debate -There are enough holes on this roster to hinder a team with competent QB play, let alone a Keenum led Fisher offense. However, I can see both sides of the debate. Yes Keenum is awful and it's not like we'd be sacrificing a playoff position by sitting him and playing Goff, but is it even possible for a very green Goff to improve whilst weathering our offensive deficincies? Or will playing him simply bewilder him and dent his psyche. It's a fine balance between helping and hindering him! Not an easy choice.

how about playing Mannion at least ?? isnt HE the backup?? down 28-0 with next to zero offense, why is he holding a clipboard??

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wrong. We stacked the box and their QB made plays. Goff would not be any better..

The only play their Qb made was to locate sansabaugh and throw the ball in his direction to the open man. Also there was a 20 yards gaping hole in front of him to run whenever he liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.