The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
Kroenke, being a wise businessman, would fire Fisher's ass tonight if he plays on selling tickets.
This crap show of a team will not hold the attention of people in LA when they have plenty of other options.
It's the entertainment capital of the world and tonight their hometown Rams were less than entertaining.
Entertainment sells tickets, tickets bring in revenue...lackluster ticket sales shouldn't bode well for a guy shelling out a ton of dough for a new stadium.
When it makes the most business sense to cut ties he will. He may see Fisher's ability to guide the team through the process the next two years as more important for his business than wins and losses. LA will fill the stadium the next few years. The team is still new. I don't think he is too worried about ticket sales and sponsors right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
YES! He's not the focus, he's the best we could do and he WOULD be good enough in many systems. You want the kid? I HOPE they start him next week. I PRAY they do so you'll stop thinking he's a game changer when he can't win a preseason game.

When this D line can't get a sack, we lose, period.

Give me the kid. I'd rather lose while he learns than lose while he watches.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Counselor (and I use that term in the utmost respect). I grow weary of debating with you. You have no open mind, nor respect of the people you engage with. You actually come across as an elitist which makes you look very sad and your're better than that. . You're making me think of you as Hillary Clinton now, or one of the Bush's.. That said how many INT's did Manning have his first year? 28? I'd have to look it up again. What was the record of the Colts that year? Goff is also no Manning.. I don't know where you get that from to begin with? Goff was a reach and we gave up way to many picks for the kid. As I said in prior posts, time will tell who is right.

Do you always have to have the last word? Are that you conceited? If so, no problem. I'm curious as to your age. You sound more like a young Colin Kraperdick is all. lololol And good for you if you are, but just realize some have seen more football, and also made better business decisions (as in this football business decision). Have you ever ran a business in your life? If so, cool.

The only thing I have been saying with our bantering counselor, is bring Goff on. I can't wait to see what he does and prove your arse wrong. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but doubt it. The proof will be in the pudding no? So why argue, or do you consider me deplorable? You prolly do.. lolol But we'll see how Mr. Goff does.. Again, I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. Good Lord, the way you think (meaning having to have the last word and so righteous in your convictions), no wonder this country is so damn divided.. Shame too, because you seem like an intelligent chap. Peace. Time will tell, and you know me.. I've always admitted when I have been wrong on here. Just expect the same from you brother. Peace.
You really should stop making it personal. Especially when you're throwing your personal opinions in there. You throw so many insults at a kid who's never taken a regular season snap yet you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's going to be a failure and it's was a reach to pick him yet you criticize others for having their opinion on him and not agreeing with you. You throw derogatory nicknames at other members and then question their age and maturity. That whole last paragraph wow just wow.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Bulger at least gave us a few good seasons. And Bradford was better than what we have.

80ozHn.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't care who played QB, this was the worst game ever by the Rams I've ever seen. 100% the coaching needs to change or we're fucked. Greg? Seriously? I believe in you but what was that? Fisher needs to go. He needs to go. That man would go for a 65 yard FG down 87 points with 2 seconds on the clock and spend 8 minutes setting it up.

When it comes to strategy, not that he had any chance at any tonight, he's a moron.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If sensabaugh sees the field again I might lose my shit. I think every completed pass was to his man. I don't think I've seen a worse corner in my life.

And Goff better be behind center next week. What is fisher scared of, that the Rams will score less than zero points next week? Fuck this fisherball shit.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Once again where is the proof he gets killed?

I think Fisher may be holding this offense back, however I don't see how that's Goffs fault.

We just saw Keenum get killed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I'm trying to be civil, but it's obvious some have a anti Goff agenda regardless of what actually occurs. Keenum played like crap tonight and fans wanna bash Goff.

I'm just not understanding whats happening here...

Let's put Goff in and see. It'll shut you all up.. I hope I'm wrong. Kid will get killed though.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
This one is all on Fisher. We drafted a qb because Case has his limitations, and because of his limitations, defenses would stack the box to limit Gurley's impact on the game-----Fisher knows this. But, in an effort to conceal his intentions to move up in the draft, he somehow convinced himself to "believe in Case". Reality came back today.

There is talent on this team-----the coaching, led by Fisher is poor. Fisher hires coaches and keeps them within the parameters of his "Fisherball" system. Williams is allowed to do what he does because he and Fisher go way back. These offensive players, under Fisher, really haven't improved very much, and that's what "coaching" is all about.
We've played at least one game like this either at the beginning of the season or coming off the bye the last few seasons, again that's coaching. This game, notice how the defense played the 2nd half-----especially when we still down 14 - 0, why didn't they play like that at the START of the game, again, that's "coaching".

Okay, Goff's not ready; how much of that is Fisher-----after 20 years in the league does Fisher really think we can "win with Case" and actually have a chance to be a legitimate playoff contender? Case is a nice guy. hard worker, but he is a backup, not a starting qb on a quality NFL team. Don't want to take shots at Keenum because he does try his best but, he has limitations as a NFL qb and Fisherball is not his best fit.

Stan's probably not too happy with this performance tonight, definitely not the way he wanted to look in the first game as owner of the Los Angeles Rams. Another game or two like and Fisherball will definitely be on the hot seat.

Sorry for the long post------but you saw the game too!!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I've been perfectly fine with jrry's post... He's very logical and has strong reasonings.

Better than some of the drivel being posted tonight.

Hey, he's the one arguing with me when I'm the one saying let Goff play.. Wth are you speaking of Hillary? ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Stan's probably not too happy with this performance tonight, definitely not the way he wanted to look in the first game as owner of the Los Angeles Rams. Another game or two like and Fisherball will definitely be on the hot seat.

Or maybe he wants the Rams to be OK until his stadium is ready? Maybe he likes Fisher ball? We'll see.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
on one hand I'm trying to be optimistic thinking, its only 1 game and the vikings got killed by the niners last year in this same game yet made playoffs while niners had a top 10 pick. But on the other hand, my god that was the worst game ever. The offense will rightfully get a lot of hate but the defense was just as shitty. The only thing that kept this game from being 50-0 is that the niners are terrible too and couldnt score more. At least 70% of the plays on D were rush 4 yet not a single player applied any pressure all game.

Fisher deserves a lot of heat for this one but I cant imagine its all his fault, unless he really did something to unmotivate the whole team. No one looked like they came to play, the whole game felt like 70% speed. Idk if it was the timing of the game or poor coaching or what, but my god there wasnt even effort out there tonight

I guess if theres one positive out of all of this its that this may have been the best/only way to get Goff out their early without the season being over before he takes his 1st snap.

RamzFanz

Damnit
WTF, I get the O disappointment, but the D was fucked. Fucked. Where is the discussion that only Tree showed?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
WTF, I get the O disappointment, but the D was freaked. freaked. Where is the discussion that only Tree showed?

You know. The disappointment was the lack of discipline on the D. The O was lack of points scored.

FRO

Legend
WTF, I get the O disappointment, but the D was freaked. freaked. Where is the discussion that only Tree showed?
You lost Jenkins, McLeod, Laurinaitis, and Long. While the Laurinaitis and Long were past their prime, they did offer much leadership on the field. Jenkins and McLeod were good players for us. Still can't believe we weren't able to retain one of those two. Not sure how good the defense will be without those pieces and guys in new roles. I would expect Tree to get better over time. I expect the secondary to not be as good as last year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.