The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Keenum threw for 130 and no TDs and 2 picks.

Their is no evidence Goff would be worse. Nada it's assumption nothing else.

Atleast with Goff their is hope.

Keenum just bent Fisher over and worked him prison style. Because now how dumb does it look that they moved up to 1 overall for Goff only to expect the kid to play like a good starter because Case was a QB of that level? But, wait, he's not. Psych!!!

I don't know what's worse... Keenum playing that badly when Fish believed in him. Boras delivering a game plan the whiners expected. Or Fisher putting his prestige and job security in the hands of a guy who is clearly a backup QB.

What a mess. Fish is gonna get eaten alive this week in LA media man. INCOMING!!!!

115061.jpg

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
The OL was not the problem tonight. Did you see the play where Keenum had all day to throw and still missed the TE by 5 yards resulting in a red-zone INT?
I saw many plays where he had many whiners down his throat. Did you not see them? lolol Get real buddy. Let's play your boy toy and see what happens. I'm all for that. Can't wait to hear you biatch and moan on the OL and WR's then. :cool: Bring Goff on Counselor. :)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would vote Mannion next start if this had anything to do with the QB play, but it didn't.

You made these same excuses last year with Foles. I watched every single snap of that shitshow. It had everything to do with us having the worst QB in the NFL under center.

HellRam

Starter
Mannion would be better. Played in a Pro Set in college. Hey, let's put Goff in and see. I'm all for it. Proof will be in the pudding then, and it will end these discussions no? Put the kid in and watch him get killed .

Once again where is the proof he gets killed?

I think Fisher may be holding this offense back, however I don't see how that's Goffs fault.

We just saw Keenum get killed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I'm trying to be civil, but it's obvious some have a anti Goff agenda regardless of what actually occurs. Keenum played like crap tonight and fans wanna bash Goff.

I'm just not understanding whats happening here...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes. I think a QB who isn't crap changes everything about today. And that's why the Rams traded up for Goff. Go watch other teams with real QBs. You'll see.

I didn't know the line, WRs, and RBs didn't suck, I must rewatch to understand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You made these same excuses last year with Foles. I watched every single snap of that shitshow. It had everything to do with us having the worst QB in the NFL under center.

Was this when you were claiming Davis was the second coming?

FRO

Legend
If Goff is worse than Keenum the NFL may as well kick the Rams out of the league, because they'll have no hope.

The Rams are much more than a QB away from winning, but keeping Keenum out there has zero upside. Heck if Goff is that bad in practice and is that unready then put Mannion out there for a look. We all know what we have in Keenum and it's not much. Outside of 1 game last year he wasn't that good. You have to try something different.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw many plays where he had many whiners down his throat. Did you not see them? lolol Get real buddy. Let's play your boy toy and see what happens. I'm all for that. Can't wait to hear you biatch and moan on the OL and WR's then. :cool: Bring Goff on Counselor. :)

Yep. I saw them. The 49ers blitzed. You know what Keenum did to beat their blitzes? Nothing.

The OL didn't play well. But they were hamstrung by a god awful QB to begin with.

Yep. Let's just blame the OL for the QB who couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn tonight or find open WRs.

I'm just waiting for the post saying we would have lost if we had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers back there.

A shitty QB ruins an offense. That is why Goff was worth what we gave up for him. And that is why he is worth starting.

You want to validate that opinion. Go take a look at where the 2010 Colts ranked offensively. Now go look at the 2011 Colts.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The coaching sucks. Why trade away multiple assets for a top rated Qb and turn him over to a coaching staff that doesn't have a fucking clue what to do with him. The Rams need to find a top flight offensive mind that can utilize the assets he has been given before they waste the careers of Goff and Gurley. I have often thought how good some of our players may have become if they had better coaches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was this when you were claiming Davis was the second coming?

Weren't you right there next to me? And didn't I get off the Davis train well before you did?(I truly don't remember where you stood on Davis)

I remember last year showing Foles blowing play after play. And you responded by blaming other players. Welker didn't run the route correctly. OL didn't block long enough. It's always something.

I like you. I respect you. I admire your loyalty to this team. But I will not put all the blame on the rest of the offense for what Keenum did tonight. I won't. He was god awful.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
We made the headlines... As a team, no less. :fuelfire:
[GALLERY=media, 184]20160912_235056 by BatteringRambo posted Sep 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM[/GALLERY]

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Goff would be much better.

If your logic is all about Goff then your premise is a fallacy. If Goff was out there you would of deleted your ROD account. You should be thankful he wasn't. Guaranteed he would of been handled. Ok. We know how bad Keenum was. Demote him. Simple. Goff needs to earn it. Won't be under this coaching staff though.

FRO

Legend
I see a lot of Boras bashing, and the guy may be a horrible OC, but let's keep in mind this is Fisher's offense. Fisher has had 3 OCs and the offense has looked exactly the same with all three. He could have 1999-2001 Mike Martz as his OC and I still think we would see two runs up the middle, a sideways pass, and a punt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If your logic is all about Goff then your premise is a fallacy. If Goff was out there you would of deleted your ROD account. You should be thankful he wasn't. Guaranteed he would of been handled. Ok. We know how bad Keenum was. Demote him. Simple. Goff needs to earn it. Won't be under this ciaching staff though.

Oh yea. Goff needs to earn it. Because we saw Wentz earn it by not playing. And then he went out there and sucked. But wait, he didn't. He actually played well. Probably because he has the talent to be a starting NFL QB. Something Goff also has. Something our other two QBs do not.

Nah, I wouldn't have deleted anything. Goff wouldn't have played nearly as badly as Keenum. Goff might have struggles. But I would have accepted that with it being his first start and all. Even Jameis Winston didn't play well in his first start.

Here's the really shitty thing, Goff still has to have that first start. It'll probably not be a great game. First starts rarely are. But now instead of having it happen against SF, it has to happen against another team. So we could this shitty performance from Keenum and still haven't gotten Goff's first start out of the way.

What a waste. Which is exactly the problem I had with this strategy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Keenum threw for 130 and no TDs and 2 picks.

Their is no evidence Goff would be worse. Nada it's assumption nothing else.

Atleast with Goff their is hope.

It makes sense that a QB who failed horribly in preseason would be better that a vet who had a winning record as a Ram. In Fisher's mind, you may win that argument.

Forget that Gurley, Austin, and the defense were horrible, let's throw a rookie in and YES, WE WIN!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh yea. Goff needs to earn it. Because we saw Wentz earn it by not playing. And then he went out there and sucked. But wait, he didn't. He actually played well. Probably because he has the talent to be a starting NFL QB. Something Goff also has. Something our other two QBs do not.

Nah, I wouldn't have deleted anything. Goff wouldn't have played nearly as badly as Keenum. Goff might have struggles. But I would have accepted that with it being his first start and all. Even Jameis Winston didn't play well in his first start.

Here's the really crappy thing, Goff still has to have that first start. It'll probably not be a great game. First starts rarely are. But now instead of having it happen against SF, it has to happen against another team. So we could this crappy performance from Keenum and still haven't gotten Goff's first start out of the way.

What a waste. Which is exactly the problem I had with this strategy.

So you agree we should have drafted Wentz?

Status
Not open for further replies.