The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It makes sense that a QB who failed horribly in preseason would be better that a vet who had a winning record as a Ram. In Fisher's mind, you may win that argument.

Forget that Gurley, Austin, and the defense were horrible, let's throw a rookie in and YES, WE WIN!

It makes perfect sense. Go look at the past 10 years. Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz, Cam Newton, etc. all looked bad in the preseason. They all played much better than Case Keenum is capable of in the regular season.

Case was bad last year. He's still bad this year. Except now he's started turning it over. The one thing he was supposed to offer is now gone.

And Gurley? GURLEY was horrible? You have to be fucking kidding me.

HellRam

Starter
It makes sense that a QB who failed horribly in preseason would be better that a vet who had a winning record as a Ram. In Fisher's mind, you may win that argument.

Forget that Gurley, Austin, and the defense were horrible, let's throw a rookie in and YES, WE WIN!

Your argument is biased. Goff did not even play yet you mention him and not Keenums play.

Your Wentz comment is also telling. Theirs no debating going on here.

Aslo I liked the way Goff played in the preseason. The ball moved downfield,. Was their a couple bad turnovers... sure he is a rookie. However you dont mention Keenums awful turnovers, why's that?

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
What worries me is the idea that Case is going to--assuming we're this bad consistently for the first several weeks--play himself out of the starting QB role, only to have Fisher be forced to play Goff when, according to them, he's not even on Keenum's level. Christ, that's scary. Meanwhile in Philadelphia...

Don't get me wrong, the jury is obviously still out for Goff. But it would've been nice to feel like we've got time to let Goff sit and learn while we have a solid game manager to hand off to the beast #30. That's what I expected tonight and what I was expecting for this season. In a perfect world anyway...but quite frankly this feels like another nightmare. It's hard to imagine us playing well at this point. Could be a very long season. Hope I'm wrong and Fisher changes this quick.

Really though, I hate to say it because I like Jeff but I think he's gotta go. Unless we go at least 10-6, which let's be honest, that's not happening, he NEEDS to go. The biggest thing for me are the penalties. Year after year we are always kicking ourselves with penalties, and he says they'll get fixed. How many were there tonight? It's embarrassing.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Goff might have struggles. But I would have accepted that with it being his first start and all.

Regardless if Goff started this first game it still would of been an L on the books. No matter how you flip it, its not how the QBs play. Its about how they are developed. And in this case they are still in the embryonic stage.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How did Gurley do today?

How did Gurley do? I watched Gurley break tackle after tackle in the back-field to produce positive yardage because the 49ers stacked the box and played the run the entire game because they had no fear of our QB beating them. How did Gurley do? He did everything humanly possible.

So Goff would have won today?

Hard to say. Don't know how the defense would have done if the offense wasn't so terrible. But we would have stood a chance.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm honestly flabbergasted. I didn't think the Rams were going to come out and smoke teams, people threw out 11-5 and 10-6, but I expexted them to be competitive most weeks. I expected them to win this week.

Not even close. They've just given up, pulled Gurley, it's freaking sad. They could have at least given Goff some reps, but they're wasting his time. Defense doesn't respect Keenum as a passer.

Goff was inactive for the game.
They could not put him on the field.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

It makes total sense that you discredit Goff because of a few preseason games in his first ever NFL season... yeah totally makes sense... NOT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless if Goff started this first game it still would of been an L on the books. No matter how you flip it, its not how the QBs play. Its about how they are developed. And in this case they are still in the embryonic stage.

It probably would have been a L. Here's the difference, you get Goff's first start out of the way which means he starts to improve. But we didn't do that. We wasted a game and lost anyways.

Wasn't Keenum the guy because he gave us the best chance to win? I guess he didn't.

And yes, it is absolutely how the QB plays. You don't win games where your QB passes for less than 100 yards and 0 TDs with 2 picks before garbage time.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Your argument is biased. Goff did not even play yet you mention him and not Keenums play.

Your Wentz comment is also telling. Theirs no debating goingon here.

Aslo I liked the way Goff played in the preseason. The ball moved downfield,. Was their a couple bad turnovers... sure he is a rookie. However you dont mention Keenums awful turnovers, why's that?

Because Keenum isn't supposed to win us games, he's supposed to play well enough, and he did. Gurley did shit, the receivers did shit, fisher did shit, the D did shit.

At this point in this season, anyone but Britt and Tree has done shit. Yes?

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Because Keenum isn't supposed to win us games, he's supposed to play well enough, and he did. Gurley did crap, the receivers did crap, fisher did crap, the D did crap.

At this point in this season, anyone but Britt and Tree has done crap. Yes?

It all makes sense now. KEENUM WAS GOOD, it was the others who let the team down!

*rolls eyes*

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It probably would have been a L. Here's the difference, you get Goff's first start out of the way which means he starts to improve. But we didn't do that. We wasted a game and lost anyways.

Wasn't Keenum the guy because he gave us the best chance to win? I guess he didn't.

And yes, it is absolutely how the QB plays. You don't win games where your QB passes for less than 100 yards and 0 TDs with 2 picks before garbage time.

In Snisher we trusted....Yeah its over. I'm sure Stan the man is making calls right about now...

HellRam

Starter
Because Keenum isn't supposed to win us games, he's supposed to play well enough, and he did. Gurley did crap, the receivers did crap, fisher did crap, the D did crap.

At this point in this season, anyone but Britt and Tree has done crap. Yes?

Ahh yes. Keenum is not capable of bad play..but of course.

Lol.. I'm done.

Peace yall. GO Rams!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Look, when Goff is ready, I'm all for it. He is a pup and he isn't ready says everything and everyone. TODAY, the O and the D failed horribly, especially the D considering what the Rams have invested into it. NO SACKS, asses stuffed, it was as ugly as fuck and people want to blame the stand in QB? Is he supposed to be pro bowl? Did you really think CK was supposed to carry this team or that JG could have?

Fuck the QB play...where was the D? 28 points?

FRO

Legend
Here's my view on the whole Keenum/Goff thing. Fisher is playing Keenum because he thinks he gives him the best chance to win. He thinks this is a playoff caliber team. To me this is a 6-10 team at best and you are much better off playing the youngster, letting him learn by doing, and take your lumps as you go. Keenum isn't a starter in the league. He is a decent backup. We know what he is. Give the kid a chance and let him learn and grow. Either way this isn't a playoff team.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont think it would matter who the Rams drafted at #1 for QB, Fisher was gonna roll with keenum. It appears he is gonna continue down that path. With that being said, if Keenum cant make teams pay for stacking the box, he should not be in there, period. I'm no expert, but isnt it the QBs job in this or any O to take what the D is giving you or exploit their weakness? Keenum failed in that tonight. Dont they have some type of hand signals like the other 31 teams to alert a WR that he is the hot read? What happened to those RPOs Gruden was talking about during the preseason game he called? The whiners D challenged Keenum to beat them and he didnt even try, that is not what I would want or expect from a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.