The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
Also what makes things more alarming is that the 49ers are a horrible team themselves. Like Cleveland Browns bad. What does that make the Rams?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The offensive line isn't the biggest problem. The crappy ass QB is. The 49ers stacked the box. They did not respect our ability to pass the ball down the field at all. And we proved them right.

Wrong. We stacked the box and their QB made plays. Goff would not be any better..

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I can't help but draw comparisons from Fisher's Rams to Mike Singletary's 49ers. We have the talent (Donald, Gurley, Austin, Quinn, Ogletree, Johnson, Goff, etc.) to be be an annual playoff team and even Super Bowl contender, but we have a 20th century coach with outdated philosophies holding us back.

There is zero accountability in this organization. Our O does poorly? Fire the OC, onto the next. How many OCs do we need to go through before we realize the common denominator? One 7-9 season or even two may be an anomaly, but 4? What coach in the modern era of football has made it to their 5th year without making the playoffs or cracking .500 once?

How many times has Fisher told us that the penalties would be fixed? This is HIS team, every guy here is HIS either because he signed them or extended them. No QB excuses or injuries. This is a production based business and the fact is we are not performing to our potential and we won't until we get a new leader who demands more of his men and holds the accountable.

A Bruce Arias could have taken the 2012 Rams to the playoffs. This years squad could challenge for a SB title under him. Coaching isn't everything, but when you lack a great leader you're toast.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Aren't we dee
First off people need to quit with the OL. When the OL is facing up to 9 in the box on any given play due to the defense KNOWING they don't have to sweat a route past 10 yards it is a numbers game plain and simple. Had a bunch of friends over and we were counting the box by the third quarter, and more often than not the Rams ran right into 8 or 9, or passed when the box was light. It was very strange, as if the Niners knew what they were doing given down/distance/formation. Boras got his butt handed to him by the Niners DC, plain and simple. Then he failed to adjust.

Now that said the QB who is an extension of the OC can sometimes make the dude look bad. And Case did. I'm not even gonna waste my time on how bad Case was, that's how bad he was. But this IS where I am going to say once again what I said during camp, that there was only ONE QB I witnessed in practices who looked down field routinely and it was the rookie who got tarred and feathered for playing poorly in the face of bad protections in preseason. But, hey, he's not ready to play the kind of error-free ball Keenum provides, right? Oh and neither is Mannion?

And Tavon. Dude was fair catching punt returns with coverage team cushions that were very favorable... WTF? And of course his signature dropping of passes and leading this WR corps by example. Also potentially running wrong routes (or Case was missing by 5+ yards). Great thing we locked him up though, phew. Some rookie WRs need to be starting when they come available, that's all I can say with the wideouts.

In closing I said in chat that IF I were the owner I would have fired Fish at halftime. I meant it and still do. The dude just lost to a 1st year head coach in his 5th year, with the roster he and Snead have built. And they suck. Why in the F would you even entertain keeping this circus going at this point? Fire him for the love of F!!!

A circus. It was a Barnum and Bailey extravaganza. Thats all it was a phony act. What is sad is that the people who got cut or moved to the PS should be playing. It baffles me on how atrociously this team performed.

bluecoconuts

Legend
And none of that is Keenum. He has a long storied history of going long. That's coaching and play calling. Stop scapegoating Keenum, give him a chance and a target and he will go long.

It is on Keenum, why not audible out? Why not go for the deeper routes when the blitz is coming? If he's the starter due to knowing the NFL, reading defenses and knowing the playbook then why didn't we see it? Playcalling sucks, sure, but how much of that is on Keenum? Why isn't he finding the free man on the blitz? I didn't see anything from him, and neither did the 49ers.

I gaurentee you put Rodgers, Brady, Manning as QB with the exact same plays called, and they respect them enough to not put 11 guys right there in the box.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Seriously, I have never been this embarrassed, ever. The Rams defense was a clown act and not just the suspect secondary, in fact, mostly not them. Run D was horrible. Pass rush was horrible. Did we even get a sack?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wrong. We stacked the box and their QB made plays. Goff would not be any better..

Goff would be much better. Their QB didn't really make plays. We made stupid errors.

You'll see once Fisher grows a pair and plays Goff. Having a QB who can make big boy throws makes a world of difference.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Keenum threw for 130 and no TDs and 2 picks.

Their is no evidence Goff would be worse. Nada it's assumption nothing else.

Atleast with Goff their is hope.

Mannion would be better. Played in a Pro Set in college. Hey, let's put Goff in and see. I'm all for it. Proof will be in the pudding then, and it will end these discussions no? Put the kid in and watch him get killed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
It is on Keenum, why not audible out? Why not go for the deeper routes when the blitz is coming? If he's the starter due to knowing the NFL, reading defenses and knowing the playbook then why didn't we see it? Playcalling sucks, sure, but how much of that is on Keenum? Why isn't he finding the free man on the blitz? I didn't see anything from him, and neither did the 49ers.

I gaurentee you put Rodgers, Brady, Manning as QB with the exact same plays called, and they respect them enough to not put 11 guys right there in the box.

How many sacks did the Rams get tonight?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a joke. Start, Goff we lose by 50. He is not ready.

You'll have to explain this laughable logic to me. We're going to lose by 50 starting Goff. Because I'm sure he'd be worse than the guy who threw for 0 TDs, 2 picks, and less than 100 passing yards before the 49ers went into prevent. Yea, totally. Har har har.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Not looking forward to Sundays game at the Coliseum. I was all in before the game tonight. Now, I might just get drunk and HOPE that we score a FG in garbage time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion would be better. Played in a Pro Set in college. Hey, let's put Goff in and see. I'm all for it. Proof will be in the pudding then, and it will end these discussions no? Put the kid in and watch him get killed .

Put the kid in and watch defenses think twice about stacking the box.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Goff would be much better. Their QB didn't really make plays. We made stupid errors.

You'll see once Fisher grows a pair and plays Goff. Having a QB who can make big boy throws makes a world of difference.

Goff is a kid. If you think a kid changes what you saw tonight, I just don't know what to say. We've seen Goff, he's no JFK.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can get worse counselor.. lolol I hate to laugh but you get a rookie QB in behind this OL.. Oooooouch.. I'd go with Mannion to start. He's use to a pro set in college. Just saying. Time will tell.

The OL was not the problem tonight. Did you see the play where Keenum had all day to throw and still missed the TE by 5 yards resulting in a red-zone INT?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I can't wait to see Goff in their counselor. Just to shut your arse up. ;) :) Love you brother, but you're wrong here. Hope I am wrong but don't think so. That trade was a reach, and we lost a lot of depth because of it. Time will tell though. Let's start the kid and see eh?

FRO

Legend
Seriously, I have never been this embarrassed, ever. The Rams defense was a clown act and not just the suspect secondary, in fact, mostly not them. Run D was horrible. Pass rush was horrible. Did we even get a sack?
No sacks.

Under Fisher it has always taken 4 weeks for the defense to get going it seems. He never has the team ready week one. Never.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is a kid. If you think a kid changes what you saw tonight, I just don't know what to say. We've seen Goff, he's no JFK.

Yes. I think a QB who isn't shit changes everything about today. And that's why the Rams traded up for Goff. Go watch other teams with real QBs. You'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.