49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
At some point, isn't it possible they were a little over rated to begin with?
2019: A good season (13-3) where they win 5 close games and lose 2. Then they get Minnesota with Cousins under center starting just his 2nd postseason game. After that, Green Bay and God's Gift to the NFL, who manages to choke every year. Then lose to the Chiefs.
2020: 6-10
2021: 10-7. They overcome a 17-0 Rams lead to win in OT. If the Rams don't puke up that win, SF isn't even in the postseason. They beat Dallas when Dak scrambles up the middle with no timeouts and loses the game. They beat The Great One again, in Green Bay in the snow. Then blow a 10 point lead to the Rams in CCG.
2022: They find Mr. Irrelevant and go 13-4. Beat Seattle and Dallas (again). Then lose to Philly when Purdy gets clocked early.
2023: They go 12-5, barely get by Jordan Love and Green Bay, then Jared Goff and Detroit. And lose to the Chiefs (again).

Have they been a good team? Sure they have. Have they been as great as many rate them? Not in my opinion. Hell, not even as good as the Bills (90-93) and Buffalo didn't win shit. Some Ram fans actually seem like they fear SF. Why?

SF (2017-2023) 64-51, 3 losing seasons, 2 Superbowls, 0 wins
Rams (2017-2023) 70-45, 1 losing season, 2 Superbowls, 1 Lombardi
As as roster they have been at the top of the NFL for 5 years. As a team (players, coaches) they have been underachievers.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
In the end, Williams holdout did not cost him anything. That said, it cost the 49ers $5M in cap space. Had they just made the change from non-guaranteed to guaranteed 2 months ago. Instead they had to increase his salary by $5M so he could pay the fines.
Not what I would describe as smart from a cap perspective.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
49ers have had the best roster in the NFL for several years now. So what is holding them back from winning a Superbowl? The coach? The quarterback? They had Jimmy GQ in the first one. He threw crucial INT's in that one. They had Purdy in the second one. While he didn't play bad enough to lose it, he didn't play good enough to win it. Classic game manager. Put a good game manager on an elite roster and you will win a lot of games. If Alex Smith had this roster when he was a 49er he woulda made it to the Superbowl too.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
As as roster they have been at the top of the NFL for 5 years. As a team (players, coaches) they have been underachievers.
Or....they were over rated. :biggrin: Top roster according to experts, the media and many fans? So when they don't fulfill the promise, they're underachievers. Can't be all those folks were wrong about them, eh? I could see if they had the best roster and fooked up 1 year. But they haven't won ANYTHING important and what's that say about 'the roster'? Occam's razor.....It just wasn't good enough.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the 49’ers stumble early… the cards will fall on this aging team.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Cohn is like an inflamed hemorroid that shitter front office and fans cannot remove. Always fantastic to hear his takes. :crap:

If the whiners had one of the best rosters for the last 5 years, then that's a good job, but the whiners remind me of some of the 1970's Rams teams. Every year it seemed like we had 7-10 players on the pro bowl roster and the Rams went to 3 straight NFCC Games and lost them all, getting blown out in 2 of them I think.

I won't be unhappy if rat boy gets fired.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the whiners had one of the best rosters for the last 5 years, then that's a good job, but the whiners remind me of some of the 1970's Rams teams. Every year it seemed like we had 7-10 players on the pro bowl roster and the Rams went to 3 straight NFCC Games and lost them all, getting blown out in 2 of them I think.

I won't be unhappy if rat boy gets fired.
Getting prick teased in the playoffs is precisely what these front running, mouth breathing, non title remembering fucks deserve. :hug:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If they don’t win a Super Bowl in this “era,” they’ll go down as a disappointment and underachieving group.

That prospect…makes me happy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Based on all the players they returned from the Superbowl team 49ers should be favorites in the NFL. But how much does age affect them? Its not like they're really old. But those guys have a lot of miles on their treads. And depth is thin. If I was a fan I'd be crossing my fingers every game. A couple key injuries would change things.

Colin Cowherd made a good point on Purdy. He's doing good in a good system and all pro playmakers making plays. So give him credit for that. But what can he do when he doesn't have as many good pieces to work with? With a borderline playoff team like Jacksonville, he probably would not make the playoffs. He's not good enough to elevate the offense around him. He needs guys who don't need him to elevate them. In the Superbowl he was kinda meh. Not bad enough to lose it buy also not good enough to win it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
New topic for stirring shite on the shitter board: "Is Kyle Shanahan the modern day Marv Levy?"

PARAM

Hall of Fame
With a borderline playoff team like Jacksonville, he probably would not make the playoffs.
My take is, with a borderline playoff team like Jacksonville, he's not the #1 QB.

In SF.....good system, good surrounding cast, game manager. Elsewhere, #2 QB.