49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
New topic for stirring shite on the shitter board: "Is Kyle Shanahan the modern day Marv Levy?"

Not really because the Bills got blown out in several super bowls. Rat boy has blown double digit leads, even in the 4th quarter.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Being that the whiners are trash talking shitters and always want the last word or shove after a play, I think they will have targets on their backs this season, along with a short off season, and some players still not ready to go.

The season is set up perfectly for a super bowl hangover and a sub par season (I hope), which will be followed by salary cap hell for a season or two, all while their biggest stars are aging.

All this while the Rams are one of the youngest teams in the league. :)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Not really because the Bills got blown out in several super bowls. Rat boy has blown double digit leads, even in the 4th quarter.
...by 3 different NFC East teams. His first one was the closest and they actually should have won 22-20. Despite that, Shanahan (2 SBs) doesn't measure up to Levy (4 SBs), so if somebody is gonna troll SF fans, might as well call him Marv Levy Light. Hell, that might not even be a fair comparison for Levy.....4-1 in 5 CCG over 6 years (1988-93), 8 postseasons in 9 years. Shanahan has had 3 losing seasons in 7 years.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rat-Face Shanahan is more like the modern day Bud Grant.

Oh wait they got blown out in all 4 too.

JYB

Starter
New topic for stirring shite on the shitter board: "Is Kyle Shanahan the modern day Marv Levy?"
Actually, Shanahan is creating his own category of failure -- the coach who blows big leads in big games and can never get over the hump.

"Shanahanning" will become the verb for teams who choke away big leads in big games.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Actually, Shanahan is creating his own category of failure -- the coach who blows big leads in big games and can never get over the hump.

"Shanahanning" will become the verb for teams who choke away big leads in big games.

As Atlanta OC, they were up 28-3 with 2 minutes left in the third. That's 17 minutes left to play. If you do the math, the Falcons practically win by only running the ball (maybe very safe and easy passes) and by making maybe 1 or 2 first downs the rest of the game, which allows you to run off another 2 minutes for each first down, assuming you keep the clock moving.

Against the Chiefs in the super bowl following the 2019 season, they were up 10 and had a chance to bury the chiefs but rat boy played conservative and ran the ball and punted instead of going for the kill shot. We all know what happened after that.

My favorite rat boy blunder was being up by 10 against the Rams in the NFCCG in the 4th quarter. My favorite scene after the game was watching trash talking dweebo crying after all the trash talking he did, not to mention Nick Scott blew him up over the middle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

images

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Hate to say it, but the 9ers were impressive week 1. Without CM and basically without Aiyuk….even their lOT was out part of the game. Offense had no problems against a supposedly great Jets D. I hope that was a week 1 mirage.

CMC to IR. Glad we're not facing him next week as he is the Niner I fear the most and the key cog to their engine, IMHO. Sounds pretty bad too. They're HOPING he's back by mid-October. We can take this Division if we can tread water til we get healthy again.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Hate to say it, but the 9ers were impressive week 1. Without CM and basically without Aiyuk….even their lOT was out part of the game. Offense had no problems against a supposedly great Jets D. I hope that was a week 1 mirage.
Interested to see how they go this week. I’m not convinced that the Jets D is any good. Saleh has yet to show that he can coach

dang

Legend
Interested to see how they go this week. I’m not convinced that the Jets D is any good. Saleh has yet to show that he can coach
I think his future is as a D coordinator. ARod isn’t a forward thinking move for the mighty J-E-t-hisssssssss (sound of air leaving the tires).

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

This is true, but many times, a new RB is a good system will do well when the other team knows nothing about the back or his tendencies. Hopefully the Rams will have enough information to shut him down.

Just hope this guy isn't the next mccaffrey.

Psycho_X

Legend
Shanahan offenses (old and current) can plug and play just about anyone into their RB spot and get production. Doesn't really matter who the player is for success. Of course, McCaffrey takes it to a whole other level but the offense is going to get it's rushing yards more often than not no matter who's in the backfield. It does take a bit of pressure off of pass defense though as Mason isn't the crazy threat McCaffrey is. Defenses will still have to man up and take on that oline unfortunately

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
My wife just text me on her way in from work, and I quote....

"I may dislike the 49ers as much as I like the Rams"

We will celebrate our 25 years of marriage next Wednesday.

Is there a better gift?

Fuck those Whiners!

GO RAMS!!!

I married well.