49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
But AD didn't just accept the deal that was on the table. The same deal that was put to him weeks ago!
I recall him saying he wanted his agent to slow-roll the negotiation process so he could skip. Not sure of the technicalities of how it happened and not sure it matters.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Forgive my ignorance and I hate to get into these kids pockets, but I really struggle to see why these teams are paying these WRs so much given that so many WRs seem to be in each and every draft class.

Sure you need skill / talent. But a lesser player who just happens to be on the same page with his QB can put up good numbers.

Where are all the Super Bowl rings for these high priced divas?:thinking:

Psycho_X

Legend

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Forgive my ignorance and I hate to get into these kids pockets, but I really struggle to see why these teams are paying these WRs so much given that so many WRs seem to be in each and every draft class.

Sure you need skill / talent. But a lesser player who just happens to be on the same page with his QB can put up good numbers.

Where are all the Super Bowl rings for these high priced divas?:thinking:
Let those dumbasses pay him. This contract is gonna lead to sime tough choices which will water down this team further.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Someone needs to look up and compare what the Rams are paying for Kupp/Nacua with what the Whiners are paying for Samuel/Aiyuk.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OUCH​

49ers' Gold Rush​

i

The San Francisco 49ers will enter the 2024 NFL season as the only team with eight players earning an average annual salary of $15 million or more.

PLAYERAAV
Nick Bosa$34M
Brandon Aiyuk$30M
Deebo Samuel$23.85M
Trent Williams$23.01M
Javon Hargrave$21M
Fred Warner$19.045M
Christian McCaffrey$19M
George Kittle$15M

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I remember those Bay Area games. They were pretty good ones.

Curious if anybody has ever been to San Fran here sporting Rams gear? are they friendly?
I have, and no. When we stunk pre-McVay, it wasn’t as bad because we were too pathetic. I saw the last two games at candlestick and even Rams fans were disappointed we didn’t give them much of a game.

In the ‘80s, when both teams were good, it was much more acrimonious. I left one game with a smattering of all the concession fare on me. So rude to throw food at another person, doncha think?

I would suspect it’s like that again now that both teams are good.
(I no longer live in the area)

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I have. They talk shit but honestly I rarely go back and forth with the really belligerent drunk ones. Other than that, I talk shit to them non stop any chance I get, but in a fun way, not trying to start fights. I'm sure I could get away with wearing the hat. I'd get quite a few fuck the Rams right back but they already say that anyways so it's not a big deal to me. Reaction is everything. Most folks aren't there trying to fight.
Respectful belligerence. That was life for me there. I knew MANY 9er fans growing up and living in San Jose, but we hadn’t won anything and when we did it was still the same old song, “4 SBs”.
When I hear that nonsense now, I just ask if the person is old enough to have seen any of those games. That was so long ago, were they still wearing leather helmets? Finally, I say, “If you’re gonna bring up ancient history, the Rams have 4 titles, too. Two of them came before they started calling them SBs.”

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He's 36... it's on his bumper as he looks in the rear view mirror. But yeah, make him sit out the year... I love this. Whiners have some cap issues next season too and they have to figure out how to make Trent highest paid tackle in game probably, pay Aiyuk like a top 5 WR apparently, and pay god knows what Brock Purdy's agent will demand. So sweet.

The 9ers already have several players who will be making over $20 mil next year:
mccaffery
bosa
dweebo
warner
kittle
hargrave
…and that’s not counting what it will take to sign purdy, keep ayuck?, keep williams (whose $30+mil is not guaranteed after this year), and re-sign guys like tafua (so?) and greenlaw.

Good times.

They wanted to be like the Rams and spend and mortgage to the hilt to accumulate as much talent as possible and make a run. They came up short.

Now they face the second part of that business model. They have to jettison some big contracts and draft a lotta talent in a hurry to continue as contenders while quickly rebuilding.

They failed in part one, doubt they get part two right.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think a lot here really undersell him, he's a very very good WR but that's just my 2 cents.

Also this makes it a little better but wow the back end of that contract is terrible with these numbers. $94 million the first 2 years $26 the last 2? Oh well he gets a ton up front and fast I guess.

View: https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1829291777062564032

Sounds like both sides don’t expect this marriage to last more than 2 years. No way ayuck comes back to work for $13mil in year 3 after making almost $100mil in two years. He’ll demand an extension and the 9ers will say sayonara.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like both sides don’t expect this marriage to last more than 2 years. No way ayuck comes back to work for $13mil in year 3 after making almost $100mil in two years. He’ll demand an extension and the 9ers will say sayonara.

Where did you find these details? I can't find anything about the contract breakdown.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
kurtfaulk;

I’m going off of the post I quoted.
It sounds excessively lopsided, but the purdy contract is looming.

One thing for sure is there is no way all 6 of those guys who will be making over $20mil next year will be back. What are the 9ers gonna do? Re-structure everybody? I doubt williams will be back. His $$ is not guaranteed and he sees the writing on the wall—that’s why he’s holding out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
kurtfaulk;

I’m going off of the post I quoted.
It sounds excessively lopsided, but the purdy contract is looming.

One thing for sure is there is no way all 6 of those guys who will be making over $20mil next year will be back. What are the 9ers gonna do? Re-structure everybody? I doubt williams will be back. His $$ is not guaranteed and he sees the writing on the wall—that’s why he’s holding out.

GOOD- he is a HOF LT & Mcvay loves the guy I’m sure? He helped Mcvay to become The Rams HC.

The biggest question with Trent Williams is how did he become a 8er anyway?? The Rams wanted him as a LG next to Big Whit!!
He cost a 2nd rd pick,but The Cap is why The Rams didn’t make the trade first.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
According to Spotrac, they’re $26M over the cap already in 2025. Good luck repairing the oline at that number.