49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
DOH! Jimmy G doing what he does best, coming up short when the chips are down.

mmar4ajm8yhxyxcglr9r.jpg

I don't like Jimmy G and I hate the 49rs but... I kinda admit it took a lot of athleticism and will power to even get that shuffle pass thrown on this play. Yeah, it was an INT but just to get that "throw" off was not too badly done.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd be careful with Whiner fans, I know you're saying that as an insult but a lot of them would probably take you up on that offer and enjoy it.
LOL! Most would probably trade those two wins (Rams beat them) just for the opportunity to shampoo your ... you know what.

TexasRam

Legend
If they don’t have the best roster, then it’s pretty darn close. This is proof of how difficult it is to win it all if you don’t have a very good QB.

The Eagles had a very good roster last year also.

I honestly can't remember a better roster then what the Eagles had last year in 45 years of watching NFL football, it was utterly insane excluding the QB and head coach. The dominance of the OL and DL was incredible but so was the DB and WR rooms. The only team I can think of that had that much talent in the trenches and on the edges was probably the 90's Cowboys. Even the Niners never had an Oline that dominant. Nor did the Patriots in their dynasty.

The value of the QB and head coach reigns supreme.

Hurts was said to have an excellent Super Bowl. Well, when you have 3 rushing TD's, two of which your teamates pushed you into the end zone and the 3rd one you ran through a wide open hole, you aren't actually doing anything requiring skill. Don't get me wrong, he did have a nice game reading the defense and playing within the offense in the passing game. But this was behind the best Oline in the business, throwing to some excellent pass catchers that were pretty wide open most plays.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I honestly can't remember a better roster then what the Eagles had last year in 45 years of watching NFL football, it was utterly insane excluding the QB and head coach. The dominance of the OL and DL was incredible but so was the DB and WR rooms. The only team I can think of that had that much talent in the trenches and on the edges was probably the 90's Cowboys. Even the Niners never had an Oline that dominant. Nor did the Patriots in their dynasty.

The value of the QB and head coach reigns supreme.

Hurts was said to have an excellent Super Bowl. Well, when you have 3 rushing TD's, two of which your teamates pushed you into the end zone and the 3rd one you ran through a wide open hole, you aren't actually doing anything requiring skill. Don't get me wrong, he did have a nice game reading the defense and playing within the offense in the passing game. But this was behind the best Oline in the business, throwing to some excellent pass catchers that were pretty wide open most plays.

Maybe you’re having a Jim McMahon moment & don’t remember Mike. Ricky Ricky Ricky-

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
noise gabbing GIF

Its the dream team!

49ers' Kittle: It's fun to be on a team that has 'too many mouths to feed'​

Tight end George Kittle said he isn't concerned about posting gaudy stats on a San Francisco 49ers offense that boasts plenty of star power.

"It's really fun to be on a team that does have a problem of too many mouths to feed because coach (Kyle) Shanahan does such a great job of scheming everybody into getting certain plays, and it's just really fun to be a part of an offense that has so much talent on it," Kittle said, according to team reporter Briana McDonald.

Shanahan and general manager John Lynch assembled a roster with dynamic playmakers such as Kittle, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, and Brandon Aiyuk. Kittle said he doesn't see an issue with having too much talent on the offense as long as the team earns a favorable result.

"As long as we're winning games and we're feeding the right guys the ball," Kittle said. "I'm never going to get mad if Christian McCaffrey has 20 carries and 10 catches for 300 total yards. I'll never be upset about that because he's such a talented football player."

Despite being surrounded by talented teammates, Kittle continues to be among the most productive players at his position. The 29-year-old recorded 60 receptions for 765 yards and a career-high 11 touchdowns in 2022 to earn his fourth Pro Bowl nod.

"If I have one catch a game, I know my fantasy football coach would be really mad at me for that, but it is what it is," Kittle said.

The Niners fell a win short of earning a trip to the Super Bowl after suffering a 31-7 defeat to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game. Quarterback injuries plagued San Francisco last season, resulting in the team losing Trey Lance, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Brock Purdy.

The 49ers posted a 13-4 record in 2022 despite their woes under center. The franchise is optimistic that Purdy and Lance will be healthy for the start of training camp. San Francisco also signed Sam Darnold to provide a veteran presence.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
noise gabbing GIF

Its the dream team!

Tight end George Kittle said he isn't concerned about posting gaudy stats on a San Francisco 49ers offense that boasts plenty of star power.

"It's really fun to be on a team that does have a problem of too many mouths to feed because coach (Kyle) Shanahan does such a great job of scheming everybody into getting certain plays, and it's just really fun to be a part of an offense that has so much talent on it," Kittle said, according to team reporter Briana McDonald.

Shanahan and general manager John Lynch assembled a roster with dynamic playmakers such as Kittle, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, and Brandon Aiyuk. Kittle said he doesn't see an issue with having too much talent on the offense as long as the team earns a favorable result.

"As long as we're winning games and we're feeding the right guys the ball," Kittle said. "I'm never going to get mad if Christian McCaffrey has 20 carries and 10 catches for 300 total yards. I'll never be upset about that because he's such a talented football player."

Despite being surrounded by talented teammates, Kittle continues to be among the most productive players at his position. The 29-year-old recorded 60 receptions for 765 yards and a career-high 11 touchdowns in 2022 to earn his fourth Pro Bowl nod.

"If I have one catch a game, I know my fantasy football coach would be really mad at me for that, but it is what it is," Kittle said.

The Niners fell a win short of earning a trip to the Super Bowl after suffering a 31-7 defeat to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game. Quarterback injuries plagued San Francisco last season, resulting in the team losing Trey Lance, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Brock Purdy.

The 49ers posted a 13-4 record in 2022 despite their woes under center. The franchise is optimistic that Purdy and Lance will be healthy for the start of training camp. San Francisco also signed Sam Darnold to provide a veteran presence.
The GSOT part two :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
We’re gonna knock them on their ass week 2.

I’m already sick of the 9er garbage being reported this offseason.
They claimed they were getting calls on lance. What did they want? Someone dumb enough to cough up a 1rst?
Lance sucks and everybody knows it.

dang

Legend
noise gabbing GIF

Its the dream team!

The 69ers sure seem content with a great roster “on paper”. They have to figure out their QB issue this year then the window on the roster likely starts closing next year.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
noise gabbing GIF

Its the dream team!

Explains why they cant win when it matters most. The team is content with having a good regular season and not winning it all. Rams players on the other hand, dont care about putting up numbers, they want to win rings.

oldnotdead

Legend
Fans are fans no matter the team. Ram fans are critical of the Niner fans for being no different. I don't like the team because the better they are the harder it is for the Rams.

Realistically they are banking a whole lot of their future on Purdy. Purdy is a good QB but at this point how good is TBD. He could just as easily flame out. As good as he looked last year, I see a good tier 2 QB who can be successful with a strong team around him. Behind him are two guys who have a lot to prove. Sam Darnold has the most overall talent of any of them. But his issues have been between the ears as he consistently makes bad decisions. His biggest mistake was entering the draft prematurely. He needs a whole lot of intensive personal coaching. If he ever gets that, Darnold has tier one physical talents.

The same can be said about Trey Lance but with a caveat, that he's more of a system player. Trey really is an RPO QB so the offense he plays in must incorporate a lot of the RPO elements. Trey is a half field reader, that needs to learn to read the entire field if you want him to play as a pocket passer. Lance probably would have been very good in the Kingsbury offense in AZ. IMO he was on the wrong team with an offense not tailored to his strengths. He would probably be pretty good as a backup on the Eagles, which is why if he is ever released, I'd be shocked if AZ didn't claim him. AZ will be running a modified version of the Eagles offense which incorporates a lot of RPO elements. That said Tune looks to be the AZ QB of the future in the Eagles style offense they will now use.

The bottom line is that IMO the 49ers will take a step back this year. I don't see them as being as dominant this year as in past years. They have been successful with a tier 2 level QB starting. But I think that is going to come back and bite them in the ass this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Explains why they cant win when it matters most. The team is content with having a good regular season and not winning it all. Rams players on the other hand, dont care about putting up numbers, they want to win rings.
That’s SUCH CRAP!!

I’ll totally disagree!! This QB rule(3) is going to help them in 2023.

The Rams got Mr. Irrelevant again(David Vobora) this season.
IMO what the niner QB last season did was amazing.

In 2023 there QB is totally under the radar & IMO as a long time NFL Fan think he is going to really do well.

In 2022(21)the niners had the Rams beat.That safety catches that Stafford lame duck pass that went through his hands.Game over. They do still need to win the next game.

Against Philly - John Kohnson was not going to win any NFL a playoff game.Don’t full yourself.

To think Lynch is all that? Whoever traded those picks for Tre Lance really F’D UP!! That’s been The Rams really saving grace.They’ve gotten lucky with those BS draft pick for HC’s.

2023 is its own thing,so just going to enjoy what it is.

Go Rams!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fans are fans no matter the team. Ram fans are critical of the Niner fans for being no different. I don't like the team because the better they are the harder it is for the Rams.

Realistically they are banking a whole lot of their future on Purdy. Purdy is a good QB but at this point how good is TBD. He could just as easily flame out. As good as he looked last year, I see a good tier 2 QB who can be successful with a strong team around him. Behind him are two guys who have a lot to prove. Sam Darnold has the most overall talent of any of them. But his issues have been between the ears as he consistently makes bad decisions. His biggest mistake was entering the draft prematurely. He needs a whole lot of intensive personal coaching. If he ever gets that, Darnold has tier one physical talents.

The same can be said about Trey Lance but with a caveat, that he's more of a system player. Trey really is an RPO QB so the offense he plays in must incorporate a lot of the RPO elements. Trey is a half field reader, that needs to learn to read the entire field if you want him to play as a pocket passer. Lance probably would have been very good in the Kingsbury offense in AZ. IMO he was on the wrong team with an offense not tailored to his strengths. He would probably be pretty good as a backup on the Eagles, which is why if he is ever released, I'd be shocked if AZ didn't claim him. AZ will be running a modified version of the Eagles offense which incorporates a lot of RPO elements. That said Tune looks to be the AZ QB of the future in the Eagles style offense they will now use.

The bottom line is that IMO the 49ers will take a step back this year. I don't see them as being as dominant this year as in past years. They have been successful with a tier 2 level QB starting. But I think that is going to come back and bite them in the ass this year.
I’ll still call BS,but Intell niner fans the same thing

Sam Darnell is everything Baker Mayfield is. He beat him out last season.He is playing for a contract as well.Brian Griese is underrated as a QB coach. He’s not coaching for the money. He could be working the booth & getting paid very well.

We’ll see,IMO the Hags are in excellent position to compete & win the division.That’s not by the lack of talent on the NINER’s either.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kittle is upset that he just found out that the crowd there only loves him when he’s walking away.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can’t wait to see him on the state fair semi-pro wresting circuit.
As great a career he's had it will be quite funny if that fucker never gets a ring. Same with Bosa and the rest of these bastards.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whiners are gonna have to make a decision next offseason. Do they pick up Lance's 5th year option? I'd be surprised if they do. They gave up a lot for him and its looking more and more like that will be a high first round whiff.

They have a Superbowl roster right now. But the quarterback position just might be what prevents them from winning a championship. And giving up those picks for Lance when they mighta had enough to make a trade for Aaron Rogers has gotta sting if they don't win a title. And that would put a big smile on my face.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This QB rule(3) is going to help them in 2023.
Wouldnt have helped them last season, so why will it help this season? Garoppolo was their inactive 3rd QB last year in the Playoffs. He wouldnt have played even if they had the rule then