The official Aaron Donald IS BACK thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Disagree. You can be passionate about something while also logically considering future financial implications.

Disagree.

A) Football is one of the most important things to me, if I could play, there's absolutely nothing that would keep me from playing, aside from injury.
B) Finances? That's the excuse? What's the difference had he shown up two days ago? He would have played tomorrow, and been in the same position he is now.
C) We have team control for upto 4 more years. His finances will get better, because we're going to do him a favour and give him a new deal.

Donald may "like" football. But he sure doesn't love it.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Are you going to use this same logic to say that every NFL player in the 1982 and 1987 seasons who went on strike didn't love football?

Did they have a choice in the matter? They all sign their contracts. Strikes to change the entire bargaining agreement are far different.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That should certainly help the moral of the troops and us fans .

jap

Legend
Bet ya he plays 2nd game, unless injured in practice
train

The sooner the better. I just want to see a 100% healthy Mighty Quinn playing along side a 100% Aaron Donald, with 'Tree & Conner Barwin & Mark Barron &The Incredible Brock & Co. thrown in for good measure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they have a choice in the matter? They all sign their contracts. Strikes to change the entire bargaining agreement are far different.

Yes, they all had a choice. They all chose to holdout to better their situation. Marshall Faulk did the same thing. That's why Indy traded him to us. I don't think anyone could ever question Marshall's love of the game. The same is true for Donald.

It's a business for both sides.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Yes!!!!! I cannot believe it....I just woke up from my afternoon nap.....and AD99 is back....feels like a dream.... by the way I see the team is not going to fine him for his hold out......let's kick the cap put of Indy....then unleash Donald on the skins.... I am so happy.....;)

Go Rams....... ;)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yes, they all had a choice. They all chose to holdout to better their situation. Marshall Faulk did the same thing. That's why Indy traded him to us. I don't think anyone could ever question Marshall's love of the game. The same is true for Donald.

It's a business for both sides.

It doesn't work that way. When your union rep calls and tells you you're going on strike, you go on strike. You don't just politely decline and report to work. That's how you find your way out of the union. I've been witness to many strikes, as my dad worked with the school board, and I've negotiated CBA's as part of my duty on a board of directors for a local daycare. The union employees don't get a choice, if the reps decide to go on strike. The NFLPA is no different to that.

And still my point remains. This is not a strike. It's one player demanding a raise. He could have came two days before and played. He still would have had his fines reversed, he still would get an extension. Would you say that version of Donald loves football more, then the version of Donald that shows up in time to get paid for doing nothing? I sure would.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't work that way. When your union rep calls and tells you you're going on strike, you go on strike. You don't just politely decline and report to work. That's how you find your way out of the union. I've been witness to many strikes, as my dad worked with the school board, and I've negotiated CBA's as part of my duty on a board of directors for a local daycare. The union employees don't get a choice, if the reps decide to go on strike. The NFLPA is no different to that.

And still my point remains. This is not a strike. It's one player demanding a raise. He could have came two days before and played. He still would have had his fines reversed, he still would get an extension. Would you say that version of Donald loves football more, then the version of Donald that shows up in time to get paid for doing nothing? I sure would.
Crossing the lines earns you that lovely title of Scab just like a replacement worker.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Awesome news, but I wouldn't rush him. Hopefully the Rams will generate enough problems for the Colt offense without him. If McVay thinks he's good to go next week I'll be happy. Even if it's spot duty until he gets back in football/collision shape.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't care about the other things. I'm just glad that AD is back. We're going to dominate the Colts without him, and crush everyone else with him!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Are you going to use this same logic to say that every NFL player in the 1982 and 1987 seasons who went on strike didn't love football?
They did as a group & that is part of the process I respect the process I don't respect a maverick & an agent trying to make a name for himself

Ants

Starter
Disagree.

A) Football is one of the most important things to me, if I could play, there's absolutely nothing that would keep me from playing, aside from injury.
B) Finances? That's the excuse? What's the difference had he shown up two days ago? He would have played tomorrow, and been in the same position he is now.
C) We have team control for upto 4 more years. His finances will get better, because we're going to do him a favour and give him a new deal.

Donald may "like" football. But he sure doesn't love it.

Spare us.
You are not AD. Don't try to pin YOUR messed up thinking on him. :banghead:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Spare us.
You are not AD. Don't try to pin YOUR messed up thinking on him. :banghead:

Can you try some intelligence to explain what the fuck you're talking about? If you can muster some up that is.

TexasRam

Legend
Hey NFC West guess who's back

26uf5zrXBuGe94hLG.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They did as a group & that is part of the process I respect the process I don't respect a maverick & an agent trying to make a name for himself

So holding out for more money is okay if the entire group does it, but it's not okay if one player does it?

Regardless, you don't have to respect it. I'm just not down with the people who question Donald after this. He's the same guy he's always been. Take the emotions away and look at the situation rationally.

The players were/are the union reps. They decided as a collective to strike.
http://articles.latimes.com/1987-09-23/sports/sp-6303_1_nfl-strike

But you know what, we'll move on from that example. Let's talk about Marshall Faulk. Did he love football?

I'd say every single version of Aaron Donald loves football. That was apparent if you watched him in college. It's apparent watching him in the NFL. Donald and the Rams were playing chicken. Donald felt that if he held out passed the deadline, it might force the Rams' hand. It didn't. Donald decided that holding out wasn't worth it at this point, and he decided to report. It's a business. Both side made business decisions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you try some intelligence to explain what the freak you're talking about? If you can muster some up that is.

I love scouting prospects as a hobby. I'd do it for free if it meant getting myself a job in the NFL. That doesn't mean I should expect people who actually have a job doing that in the NFL to do it for free.

You aren't good enough to make the NFL. It isn't your job. It's not the same situation. That's what he's telling you.