The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different circumstances Blaine gabbert was a number 1 pick we all know the love affair teams have with a number 1 pick Bradford prime example. I just feel like we should welcome anyone that can push Goff. You mean to tell me McVay couldn’t turn him into a winner.
See the bolded is the issue. Several people have addressed it too but people won't explain to us how they think Kaep a guy who lost out to Gabbert who is a backup again after not playing at all last year can be good. How can a guy like Kaep push Goff or for that matter how can Wolford or Minshew push Goff? In spite of some of Jared bad games those guys don't have the talent to push Jared in a lot of people opinions. Is it just mobility? Because being mobile doesn't make a guy an NFL QB you still have to be able to throw the ball. You also have to be healthy. I've yet to hear a single example or reason for how Kaep can be a good enough QB to push our guy for his job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't envision any way we can fit in another $20M+ QB on the roster cap-wise on top of the trade hit with Goff (let alone a $30M+ QB). It's just not possible without creating some new holes on the roster on top of what we are already looking at (LB, Edge, Center, maybe CB, etc.).

Even if Goff is traded, expect to see Wolford or some other cheap QB (reclamation, draft pick, etc.) running the show for 2021+.

We could do it with Watson because he only carries a cap hit of about $10 million.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
I'm in ohio and the talk is the lions (I'm close to Detroit) are trading Stafford and they have the Rams as the #1 suitor. Take it for what it's worth.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what I've been asking in like a dozen posts.
To me whatever my feelings on Goff wether they are good or bad or maybe frustrating. Even with that contract it's not bad for the acquiring team it's bad for the rams but it's wbelow the going rate for a qb who has accomplished as much as he has. So to me a straight trade for picks he is worth a 1st and a 3rd maybe a 4th instead (depending on where the picks are). Unless he is used in a Watson trade then that makes it different but I wouldn't give Houston 3 1sts if they took Goff.

Goff should hold value and I hope they are interested but the colts would be my target. The lions pick is too high they wouldn't do that unless it's the Stafford 1st rounder they acquire that they would come back to us.
If the lions trade Stafford to the colts and get a first plus from them. We still could get the colts pick lol.
That scenario works the lions get extra picks still keep their main pick and goff. There rebuild is off to a good start.
I really hope his market is hot. Sounds like it could be

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in ohio and the talk is the lions (I'm close to Detroit) are trading Stafford and they have the Rams as the #1 suitor. Take it for what it's worth.

I heard the 49ers are the likely destination for Stafford.

Tano

Legend
its making me laugh a little bit... one hand people want to say the QB isn't too blame because of otehr issues... but then acting like McVay only won because of Goff - you can't have it both ways.

People do realize that goff was 0-7 before mcvay got here right?

Listen Goff gets credit for sure... but you guys are just insane.

McVay is the reason we have come back.
We had the worst OC in the history of the game when Goff was QB. It's not 100% McVay.

It is a lot McVay but he used the best of Goff in 2017 & 2018 and trying to use the best of Goff in 2019 & 2020 but knows Goff is hampered because of a weak link at Center.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lol sometimes I wonder how this forum got to be soo non conducive to actual discussions lol.

Goff isn’t going anywhere not this year at least. We can’t really afford to go out and get someone that can really challenge Goff. Like Snead and McVay has said the object is to improve the team. If by bringing in Kaep forces Goff to train harder study more then that’s a net positive for this team.

this post isn’t political it’s all about improving the team with a low cost option. Not even saying if Kaep is really looking to play football or not the point is there aren’t many low cost qbs who will pose a real threat to Goff

I’ll bet some ROD bucks that we trade Goff and get Watson.

I legit think that’s the plan now.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
its making me laugh a little bit... one hand people want to say the QB isn't too blame because of otehr issues... but then acting like McVay only won because of Goff - you can't have it both ways.

People do realize that goff was 0-7 before mcvay got here right?

Listen Goff gets credit for sure... but you guys are just insane.

McVay is the reason we have come back.
Do you have any examples? I haven't seen anyone suggest McVay only won because of Goff I have only seen it suggested the other way around. I am certainly in the camp that Goff gets way too much hate but I think McVay is an amazing coach and the biggest cog to our turn around.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
We could do it with Watson because he only carries a cap hit of about $10 million.
Really? Hmm, I didn't realize that -- interesting.
Although, i don't see how we'd match up with them trade-wise without a 1st round pick and any recently picked top young players. Not a good match. Texans are not going to want our assets -- they are rebuilding obviously if Watson gets traded.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different circumstances Blaine gabbert was a number 1 pick we all know the love affair teams have with a number 1 pick Bradford prime example. I just feel like we should welcome anyone that can push Goff. You mean to tell me McVay couldn’t turn him into a winner.

Gabbert wasn't a #1 pick.

Tano

Legend
Although, i don't see how we'd match up with them trade-wise without a 1st round pick and any recently picked top young players. Not a good match. Texans are not going to want our assets -- they are rebuilding obviously if Watson gets traded.
As some people have said - we may get a 1st and 2nd for Goff - not out of the range of possibility.

Then we trade that 1st and 2nd, next years 1st and 2023 1st with a 4th in 2024 that can go up depending on things people have stated in other posts.

However, I really don't like losing all our 1sts for Watson.

I personally would give this years 1st and 2nd that we get for Goff and give them Woods plus a 4th in 2022 that can go up depending on how much Watson give us in wins (Division, Championship, Super Bowl)

I think that's enough. I like Watson but I don't like giving the house away.

MachS

Hall of Fame

Watson has a no trade clause which means he gets to decide where he wants to go essentially. If he says he wants to go to the Rams he can play hardball and make them deal with us. Its a long shot but our only hope because other teams have more assets. We have to pray he wants to come to LA and play for McVay.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Trade Goff to a good team that needs a QB for a first. Trade that first and future firsts for Watson.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watson has a no trade clause which means he gets to decide where he wants to go essentially. If he says he wants to go to the Rams he can play hardball and make them deal with us. Its a long shot but our only hope because other teams have more assets. We have to pray he wants to come to LA and play for McVay.
It really doesnt work that way.
Houston doesnt have to trade him.
If he refuses to play, they dont have to pay him and can even look to take back signing bonus money.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It really doesnt work that way.
Houston doesnt have to trade him.
If he refuses to play, they dont have to pay him and can even look to take back signing bonus money.

Houston has to trade him. If they get into a pissing contest, it will only harm their bargaining position. They aren't going to settle for shitty compensation, but they are going to make a deal happen this offseason imo.