The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't the Ravens give him a look and his GF convinced him to hold out for more than the vet minimum or something?

On the topic, I wonder what Marc Bulger is doing these days. Maybe he's finally healed from the Martz era? We should kick the tires there, too
That was also when his GF went on social media and started calling their owner a klansman or some such so the deal was pulled by the club I think.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol sometimes I wonder how this forum got to be soo non conducive to actual discussions lol.
You know what is conducive to actual discussions? Adding one's thoughts/opinions to an ongoing, in process discussion.
Like, here
(And BTW, at the start of the 2021 reg season it will be almost 5 YEARS since Kaep stepped foot on an NFL Field)

Marc Spector

Rookie
Nah.

Nothing personally against Kap, but he already had a low tier arm (before the surgery) and has probably lost the explosiveness left to be a high calber starter.

Side note: It goes to show how insanely talented and athletic Mike Vick was in that a prison sentence didnt hinder his ability to play football.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nah.

Nothing personally against Kap, but he already had a low tier arm (before the surgery) and has probably lost the explosiveness left to be a high calber starter.

Side note: It goes to show how insanely talented and athletic Mike Vick was in that a prison sentence didnt hinder his ability to play football.
Vick was very talented.
Unfortunately, he also hindered himself by trying to get by on athletic ability alone.

I saw an interview years back, where Jim Mora actually interviewed Vick.
Vick was very open to the fact that he never put the time in to improve.

Mora~ "what ever happened to all the film I gave you to study"

Vick~ " It's probably still in the back seat of the car I drove."
Vick never watched it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
@Dxmissile we may not always see eye to eye but I understand what you mean. It's the offseason for us already and so.etimes we just bounce ideas or just open things up for discussion like small talk at a bar about the rams. I was going to say something about kapp yesterday just to say man I know it's an option but I pray they don't bring him in for all the reasons stated above and then some. I hear where you coming from a lot of times it's just for feedback from posters especially the most knowledgeable ones. I do it all the time and sometimes this is the place to come when you respect some of the other opinions. We all may not always agree but some peoples opinion in here is very appreciated and respected. I personally love outside the box thinking good or bad.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So true. In fact, he was a better passer after his return than he ever was before.
That said, he missed 2 seasons, Kaep has already been out of football for 4 seasons

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol sometimes I wonder how this forum got to be soo non conducive to actual discussions lol.

Goff isn’t going anywhere not this year at least. We can’t really afford to go out and get someone that can really challenge Goff. Like Snead and McVay has said the object is to improve the team. If by bringing in Kaep forces Goff to train harder study more then that’s a net positive for this team.

this post isn’t political it’s all about improving the team with a low cost option. Not even saying if Kaep is really looking to play football or not the point is there aren’t many low cost qbs who will pose a real threat to Goff
Several people have given football reasons why they’re not in favor of this. You I’m sure are welcome to discuss those with them instead of claiming people won’t talk football about him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Goff isn’t going anywhere not this year at least. We can’t really afford to go out and get someone that can really challenge Goff. Like Snead and McVay has said the object is to improve the team. If by bringing in Kaep forces Goff to train harder study more then that’s a net positive for this team.

this post isn’t political it’s all about improving the team with a low cost option. Not even saying if Kaep is really looking to play football or not the point is there aren’t many low cost qbs who will pose a real threat to Goff
Keep your chin up, DX.

SF Whiners QBs, will always be good targets around here.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Are we shocked it came to this? Goff has the athletic talent of a good QB, but he is lacking the acumen of what makes a QB great, and I think that is something McVay expects most. Whatever happens hope its for the best. We can try to rebuild an OL around Goff and hope that will fix Goff. I am worried that it might be too late to do even that, and have to look for a more consistent option. Goff right now might be the most predictable QB in the league especially now that the word is out he cannot function without an elite OL. That might take up too much time and resources to redo everything allover again...
Goff has never had an elite line. Not even close. If he did, we would have won the super bowl. An elite line would be the redskins hogs or the Cowboys line that Emit ran behind. An elite line can run the ball when every one knows what you are going to do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vick was very talented.
Unfortunately, he also hindered himself by trying to get by on athletic ability alone.

I saw an interview years back, where Jim Mora actually interviewed Vick.
Vick was very open to the fact that he never put the time in to improve.

Mora~ "what ever happened to all the film I gave you to study"

Vick~ " It's probably still in the back seat of the car I drove."
Vick never watched it.
I hear Vick a lot on the radio and he still talks about this. He also reaches out to young QBs to give advice on this. I know he talks to Jackson a lot.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Didn't the Ravens give him a look and his GF convinced him to hold out for more than the vet minimum or something?

On the topic, I wonder what Marc Bulger is doing these days. Maybe he's finally healed from the Martz era? We should kick the tires there, too

Marc is on twitter and still looks to follow and root for the Rams. Think he's a Big 12 radio show host, too.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he’s not good enough to justify the media shitstorm that will follow him.

Tano

Legend
He wasn't nicknamed Krapernick for nothing

And as DodgersRF says - SF QB will always get a lot of hate around here.

I would have had a really hard time rooting for the Rams if they got Brady after his stint with NE no matter how good of a QB he is.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Takes the team to the Superbowl, makes playoffs for 3rd time in 4 years, 4th straight winning season for 1st time since 1986 and plays in 2 playoff games with a broken thumb and he yet he should be motivated by the team shitting on him? And all because McVay got a woodie watching Wolford scramble his way to a 9 point outing?

Yep. Be careful about what you're wishing for here, Coach. You could do a whole hell of a lot worse than JG at QB. And as a Ram fan of nearly 50 years I can tell you, unequivocally, the franchise has.

DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Are we shocked it came to this? Goff has the athletic talent of a good QB, but he is lacking the acumen of what makes a QB great, and I think that is something McVay expects most. Whatever happens hope its for the best. We can try to rebuild an OL around Goff and hope that will fix Goff. I am worried that it might be too late to do even that, and have to look for a more consistent option. Goff right now might be the most predictable QB in the league especially now that the word is out he cannot function without an elite OL. That might take up too much time and resources to redo everything allover again...
I don't know if he's predicable, because you have no idea what Goff is showing up week to week.

Tano

Legend
I don't know if he's predicable, because you have no idea what Goff is showing up week to week.
Unfortunately I do have to agree with that.

Some weeks he is AWESOME GOFF and then other weeks are WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING GOFF

I like everyone else on this board hope Goff becomes consistently more like AWESOME GOFF.

I can handle a couple games where he is so so Goff as long as he isn't WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING GOFF in any game.