The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JRobinson

MiLB
... but ya really couldn’t ask for a better game from him, even with the almost INT. He has a good first month, and a below average rest of the season, but you wanted to see him execute, and he did that. The interior of the OLine, and Mr. Edwards in pass pro... yikes. Sure wouldn’t mind a legit guard in round 2.

At any rate, I know I ruffle feathers and am a challenger, don’t expect that to change. But I love this team, I love this FO, and especially Ram brothers/sisters. Bless all of you folks.

Great season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
... but ya really couldn’t ask for a better game from him, even with the almost INT. He has a good first month, and a below average rest of the season, but you wanted to see him execute, and he did that. The interior of the OLine, and Mr. Edwards in pass pro... yikes. Sure wouldn’t mind a legit guard in round 2.

At any rate, I know I ruffle feathers and am a challenger, don’t expect that to change. But I love this team, I love this FO, and especially Ram brothers/sisters. Bless all of you folks.

Great season.

Mr. Edwards missed the game with an injury. Unfortunately, as good as Mr. Evans is in the running game, he's a bad pass blocker. ;)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
You have what for Goff?

Ellard80

Legend
Jared excuted the short passes well... and a few longer ones...

the problem is when we had to throw it more han 8 yards.. the oline imploded every time.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Whit was good in the run game this past two weeks but he was exposed with bull rushes today, I'm assuming because he couldn't properly set with his knee not quite back full yet. It was a clever bit of scheming by the packers to put Gary (big strong power type rusher) on to whit and let him bull rush.

I actually feel better about the O-line than I thought I would. I saw enough from Noteboom to not be terrified about the prospect of him starting there long term. I like Edwards a lot. This O's biggest need is a deep threat and not necessarily on the O-line IMO.

A few were concerned pre season about that inside LB depth and I think that's been borne out. We need to upgrade there. We also need to get Terrel Lewis healthy because we cant keep relying on Donald to provide literally all of the pass rush.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Goff is not the problem. I don't think that Tyrek Hill could have gotten open fast enough with that lousy pass blocking. Evans was terrible! The only thing that was worse was the tackling.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Goff was pretty much Gold today.. Why do we keep going with Everett is my question? Kind of the same with JR too. A couple catches but in the clutch he's not good. Maybe I'm wrong.. Goff needs to wear that glove though.. lol

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I'm proud of Goff and continue to think he's the future. I think we need to do him justice by putting a good OL in front of him. Id leave Whit at LT for another year and have Edwards at LG again move Corbett to OC if he can handle it and put Evans at RG next to RT Havenstien. That should give us good pass blocking on the left and good run blocking on the right. Just my opinion.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's gonna be offseason focus on the QB position by the Rams. They could go several different directions but at the very least there will probably be competition brought in at QB. Which I think is the way to go btw.

But either way he played well today. Whether he is what McVay wants going forward, well, that's where we sit and wait to see which of those directions he favors.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I think the problem most of us goff supporters had (I know it’s my biggest annoyance) is that the hardcore goff haters would shit all over him for a bad game .they would crow for days after a loss... and yet when he came out and had a good game they were no where to be seen. Vent threads would run for 20-25 pages because most of it was goff hate and his supporters challenging it .. victory threads 10-15 because those “fans” weren’t around because they couldn’t criticise goff .. it became obvious as fuck they were here to hate on goff no matter what

JRobinson

MiLB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jared excuted the short passes well... and a few longer ones...

the problem is when we had to throw it more han 8 yards.. the oline imploded every time.

Every time. GBs OLine was legit. Even without Batkhari. Wow.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I feel the same way, I've been REAL hard on Goff but today he played real good. Hope he continues off this.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Goff was on his game today. That pick never would've happened anyway with that dude's club hand.

It's the O-line that needs fixing. Can't throw the long ball when the line can't hold their blocks, and that problem brings the coverage in. The offense gets fixed for higher points scored when the line does. Seeing the Packers O with their line, Rams need to get to that point or there will be no long balls again next year.

Looking forward to a couple new studs on the line next year and marked improvement in pass pro.

The rookies Cam and Van are only going to get better.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Yeah, I started to turn on him at the end of the season as well. He completely flipped me again with his gutsy play in Sea followed by a really good game in GB. He has my faith again. Way to go JG!

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
I think a lot of people just think the pocket passer concept is outdated. But Look at the Playoffs. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Goff. It's still viable. Just need the right pieces.

MachS

Hall of Fame
There's gonna be offseason focus on the QB position by the Rams. They could go several different directions but at the very least there will probably be competition brought in at QB. Which I think is the way to go btw.

But either way he played well today. Whether he is what McVay wants going forward, well, that's where we sit and wait to see which of those directions he favors.

I personally thought Goff played well today. This game was on the defense 100%. Inability to shut down the running game makes that offense impossible to stop, and that's what did us in.

But check out McVay's answer in his postgame interview to a question regarding the QB situation moving forward. Pretty interesting...

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1350613073187389440?s=20

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I personally thought Goff played well today. This game was on the defense 100%. Inability to shut down the running game makes that offense impossible to stop, and that's what did us in.

But check out McVay's answer in his postgame interview to a question regarding the QB situation moving forward. Pretty interesting...

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1350613073187389440?s=20

I did say he played well to be fair. But I am of the mind that McVay has high standards. And it's the vision and speed of processing that are issues going forward. Stay tuned and as I said I hope they keep him and bring in competition.