The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some people need positive encouragement. Others need a kick in the ass. Goff is the latter.

His gritty playoff performance is proof

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line is, we need a qb with heart and sorry to say, I dont see it in Goff.
You mean leading your team to a playoff victory 12 days after having your throwing hand surgically repaired doesn't equate to heart?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Whatever happens the Rams are gonna look bad. Really, wolford? How is he a threat to goff?

If they roll with wolford every single team in the league will be laughing at them.

When goff beats him out the Rams look stupid for throwing their qb under the bus then starting him the next season.

I pray they have a deal in place already for a better qb because they will look like bafoons the way they have acted the last week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the first time all season versus SEA we didn't turn the ball over. And he counted for 18 total turnovers. So wow, he finally wasn't a liability.
Just when it matters most.
Only 2 turnovers in 6 career playoff games.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I'm all for competition for goff but wolf is not that guy. That's just a slap in the face to goff to say that he's gonna have to "compete" with wolf for the starting gig.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Agreed go watch the playoffs again @SuperMan28 while you gloat over the possibility of your third piece of hardware. Goff helped us in our first playoff game this year and had nothing to do with the reason for our loss in the second.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So you're basically picking 3 games that could very well be outliers and trying to make a point with them. Very bad process.
Actually I deleted that part but it posted it anyway. The other paragraph is my point. I always forget to preview. my bad

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Quarterbacks in similar situations did better than 4-12...I cant remember any "elite quarterback" ever having a record like that and started all 16 games. As I said before you cant say "Elite quarterbacks are suppose to elevate the talent around them" and then excuse going 4-12 . That doesn't add up. I'm not saying you said those things but posters here have. It's not like the Texans were the 0-16 dolphins and Watson managed to get 4 wins for a team with zero talent.
maybe without him they only win 1 or 2 games. who is to say he didn't elevate them. A QB can't play for the D. If the D doesn't stop anybody that is definately not his fault.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Wont get an argument from me, I think Goff and this offense would be much better next season with a full year of Akers, Van Jefferson elevating his role and hopefully a healthy Higbee
As for the making the oline bigger, stronger, better, who do you suppose they do that? Dont misunderstand, I am not disagreeing that they should, just dont know how they do with no cap space and only 1 draft pick in the first 2 rounds
Don't know how, just know they have to.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The Silver video attached to the nfl.com article (above, in original post) is IMHO even more surprising.

Silver thinks the McSnead-Goff relationship is even worse than previously thought.

Silver seems to imply Goff will probably not be a Ram next year.