The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wolford is not completion for Jared sorry he’s a potentially decent backup.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that feeling that it's hard to know what Mcvay is getting wrong until he gets good qb play. He mentioned it during the Miami game. How the blocking was good and they had plays in place to beat cover zero but the execution was poor.
Again I’m talking about after the season and Miami was a bad game for a lot of the team including Jared.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again I’m talking about after the season and Miami was a bad game for a lot of the team including Jared.
I know. I saw it the first time lol. I was just saying that I dunno what Mcvay can take fault for right now if his system is being blunted by bad play.
Have they said anything bad about jared though? Other than that they won't commit to him as a starter?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I say this with respect, I think you're making unsound assumptions. I've kept trying to tell people this (for years now). Young pocket passers are volatile from season to season and even week to week. Many of the good ones didn't find consistency until they hit their prime. And that window generally starts between 27 years old and 30 years old. But people are so quick to give up on QBs these days.

People assume that progression is linear. You get more experience, so you should keep getting better. It doesn't work that way. Pocket passers have inconsistencies up until their primes. But when they hit their primes, they generally settle down and are fairly reliable from year to year. Next season starts that window for Goff.

To demonstrate my point, look at Goff's and Peyton Manning's career arcs:

Outside of their rookie years, they're nearly identical through their respective age-26 seasons. I don't think anybody would tell you that Peyton Manning wasn't preparing for games back then. I'm not a patient person, so I get the desire to have an answer on Goff now. But I think we're just going to have to wait and see how things play out.
I have seen you make this point before and it is hard to argue with. Jared has had some really rough starts the past two years, but he still gives us the best chance to win on a consistent basis. At least when compared to what else we currently have on the roster.

I tell you what would make me hurl. If the rams somehow traded him for Janeane Garofalo only to watch Goff win multiple rings with his beloved shit bag team from Santa Clara. That would about kill me. That or a trade to the shit bag Putriots.....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have seen you make this point before and it is hard to argue with. Jared has had some really rough starts the past two years, but he still gives us the best chance to win on a consistent basis. At least when compared to what else we currently have on the roster.

I tell you what would make me hurl. If the rams somehow traded him for Janeane Garofalo only to watch Goff win multiple rings with his beloved shit bag team from Santa Clara. That would about kill me. That or a trade to the shit bag Putriots.....

Any trade where we don't get back a top QB is going to hurt me. I am not ready to give up on Jared. And it'll gut me if we trade for a middle of a pack QB like Stafford and then watch Jared hit his prime, make the jump I've referenced, and become a very good QB.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Joy Taylor Colin Cowerd just saying ian rapperport says if Goff isn't traded there will be an open competition between Goff and Wolford. Trying to find it but it was just said according to them.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Regardless of your thoughts on JG, this is some strange behavior and communication coming from the FO.... I don't like it. Goff deserves better than this.

He does. He's one of only three QB's to get this franchise into a fking Super Bowl. Stop the ridiculousness.

Snead and McVay need to be careful with this. This guy has more wins in the last four seasons than anybody except for the all-time greatest QB in the history of the fucking sport.

You could do much worse and quite frankly, this franchise has.

Be careful gentleman.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Joy Taylor Colin Cowerd just saying ian rapperport says if Goff isn't traded there will be an open competition between Goff and Wolford. Trying to find it but it was just said according to them.
I heard it as well.
I am listening to Coward right now.

Bearrister

Rookie
Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on Get Up this AM. Even Greeny is like, what are they doing?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqEGcjRxj4&ab_channel=ESPN

I’ve watched this clip and see a lot of talking heads discuss this Goff story. This is where I have a big problem with how the Rams are handling this situation. Goff is getting *clowned* by a lot of these talking heads, and for as much as Goff’s inconsistent play opened this up, McVay and now Snead’s comments are really fanning the flames. People are having a field day with the “he’s a Ram right now. What day is it... January 26?” Line and mocking Goff throughout the media. It really shows that the FO doesn’t care how Goff feels.

Again, I have no problem if the Rams decided they need to move on. But don’t open up your QB to get clowned this way throughout the media, especially since it hurts your leverage for trade negotiations.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I heard it as well.
I am listening to Coward right now.

Were you listening bro when he gave his opinion as to what he thinks is going on. Cowherd thinks that management went to Goffs agent and asked about redoing his contact and he feels that the agent said eat sand lol.

You think that's it or runs much deeper just done?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wherever Jared plays next year he has to realise that enjoying life is nice but when a team is paying you tens of millions of dollars to get wins you better be prepared. Otherwise the coach and gm start telling the media you're their qb "right now".
Yep. I don't know what Jared's deal is tbh, or what is behind his struggles. But after a couple years of how he has played I am not going to fault the coach here.

I get that many posters are angry. But let's wait and see what happens. You are not gonna win it all at this level with a QB who you don't trust let alone one who isn't moving the bar on top of you not trusting him.

out by it.
The McBae bullshit is over for me.
I think McVay is a bright dude, a charismatic leader and has been great for us. But his shine isn't what it used to be.
Too much "he's a genius" talk too soon. Now our offense has went downhill fast and quite frankly McVay has as much to do with that as our QB IMO.
This is a great example of why McVay is moving on at QB. Just look in the change in people's takes on McVay now compared to 2 years ago.

I would have preferred he keep Goff for another year and try to build his value. But I'm not the guy whose job is on the line.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Were you listening bro when he gave his opinion as to what he thinks is going on. Cowherd thinks that management went to Goffs agent and asked about redoing his contact and he feels that the agent said eat sand lol.

I missed that part.
Sometimes work phone calls get in the way of my life.:ROFLMAO:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

It's definitely deeper than just the contract.

I've been telling you guys since the Miami game that his game had changed for the worse. That was one of the worst games of his career in terms of him missing blitz threats and misreading the defense, and his read progression was so bad that it led to the turnovers McVay talked about. Been saying and saying it.

He looked like his old self almost vs Tampa which had me thinking ok maybe he's back now. But his game has suffered and he's not the same guy he was two years ago. IMO. Not even close. And yes I was feeling a bit better about him after the Seattle win, don't want to take that away from him by any means it was gutsy.

This is why I felt keeping him, making him compete for his job, building his value back up, etc was the way to proceed. But I'm not gonna act like I know better than McVay here. Just looking at track records if I'm the owner McVay is my guy and the players better by fuck impress him and stay in his good graces.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Les Snead coming on Rogan and Rodney at 4pm eastern time ....let's see if he clears anything up

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah the stories are coming out on my news feed on the Rams not committing to Goff and the Stafford/Rodgers/Watson (we know Watson is a total long shot) signing "potentials." Of course they're careful to say possibilities but with Snead's "wheeling-and-dealing" rep these stories carry some weight.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I’ve watched this clip and see a lot of talking heads discuss this Goff story. This is where I have a big problem with how the Rams are handling this situation. Goff is getting *clowned* by a lot of these talking heads, and for as much as Goff’s inconsistent play opened this up, McVay and now Snead’s comments are really fanning the flames. People are having a field day with the “he’s a Ram right now. What day is it... January 26?” Line and mocking Goff throughout the media. It really shows that the FO doesn’t care how Goff feels.

Again, I have no problem if the Rams decided they need to move on. But don’t open up your QB to get clowned this way throughout the media, especially since it hurts your leverage for trade negotiations.

Yep. Be careful gentleman. Or you really will have to run out a John Wolford on Sundays.

Liberator

Pro Bowler

I don't think the organization does or should care what these talking heads say. But, fwiw, they have been clowning Goff since 2016. Go watch that **************** Nick Wright on his show they don't even call him Goff they just call him little hands. It's pathetic because you know he wouldn't say it to his face.