The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The fact remains if I heard correctly on Sunday our offensive line was ranked third in the league. Yes they are better at run blocking and yes I myself have said they are not good at holding a block to give Goff that extra edge however like I said if your a superstar at any job you have to sometimes rise above less than perfect conditions. Hey I would love to get Goff Warford Trent Williams Lindley and maybe stefan diggs but it's not possible.
Okay, if you really believe our Pass Pro was even a D plus, then agree to disagree

Here’s the thing my Ram brother, when you must call on talking heads, publications or even whatever to drive home a point, it rings a little hollow, how about leaving that where it belongs and have your own take, and honestly I’m not trying to be a dick here just, parroting the press is so boring, I like to think as Rams fans we may know our team better than those that cover an entire league

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For shits sake I was giving examples of evaluating a player when they don't play up to their contract. And as far as implications with all do respect please don't tell me what I was doing or "implying." I wasn't implying anything I was making a statement and when someone says someone is "implying" it's usually because it means the other person is "sensitive" and "assuming" and you know the old say about assuming.

Or it's because you said that exact thing. The fact that you said "some of us" is accusing other Rams fans of not rooting for the entire team. Don't try to backtrack now. It makes you look disingenuous.
Dude that's not fair man i understand and it's crazy when people get so testy about Goff. Like who doesn't want Goff to be Joe Montana??? But some of us root for the entire team not just the single player.
Like I said I understand rooting for individuals but need to root for the team we need to admit Goff needs to improve. Wouldn't the same go for any other play who is playing sub par? Your does your vast knowledge only apt to Goff? Let's be fair dude. How many of us would be better at our jobs if we had everything perfectly laid out for us? It's not real or possible.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Okay, if you really believe our Pass Pro was even a D plus, then agree to disagree

Here’s the thing my Ram brother, when you must call on talking heads, publications or even whatever to drive home a point, it rings a little hollow, how about leaving that where it belongs and have your own take, and honestly I’m not trying to be a dick here just, parroting the press is so boring

However our opinions aren't the end all be all and you can keep using the word "parroting" however if you understood the point I don't need back up to show that Goff has been horrific the last two years. The reason I brought that up was to say that's how I felt and he put it into excellent words. His p.o.v. was in line with mine but I can't hate that a lot of people see the same thing. I'm not say see silver or king said it therefore it is. I am though agreeing I'm what those two said and Olevsky delivered it on a way where it was simplified and uncomplicated. That said it's my p.o.v. that Goff needs to stop being a turnover machine....my words.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Or it's because you said that exact thing. The fact that you said "some of us" is accusing other Rams fans of not rooting for the entire team. Don't try to backtrack now. It makes you look disingenuous.

Not at all that's the same "testy" comment that anyone that dares to critique Goff gets hammered. And again it's implied that some of us do root for the player over the team.ease spare me have you ever heard of fantasy football that's the exact premise. Any post I make comes from my truth my opinion my observations which is what the board is for. It's shitty that people that say anything bad about one specific player for recent play have to prepare to defend themselves for an attack. Bottom line no matter how you cut it how much you smokescreen or how much you play both sides Goff is not worth his contract at this point so he needs to improve or if a better opportunity presents itself then yea he has to go if it improves "our rams"

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
However our opinions aren't the end all be all and you can keep using the word "parroting" however if you understood the point I don't need back up to show that Goff has been horrific the last two years. The reason I brought that up was to say that's how I felt and he put it into excellent words. His p.o.v. was in line with mine but I can't hate that a lot of people see the same thing. I'm not say see silver or king said it therefore it is. I am though agreeing I'm what those two said and Olevsky delivered it on a way where it was simplified and uncomplicated. That said it's my p.o.v. that Goff needs to stop being a turnover machine....my words.
Turnover machine...do tell

Playoffs 2 games -zero

Seems to me he bunched over 50% of his turnovers in 3 games, I could present some extenuating circumstances but at this point why bother.

Am I wrong?

And sorry if “parroting“ was overly offensive but didn’t you just double down

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Playoffs 2 games -zero

Seems to me he bunched over 50% of his turnovers in 3 games, I could present some extenuating circumstances but at this point why bother.

Am I wrong?

Lame try checking the last two years ..please take the Goff blinders off. Again people on this board want to see Goff perform above and beyond anyone's expectations I have pulled for him and I will continue to pull for him as long as he dawns a rams jersey but let's not use the numbers when it's convenient. The fact that you can even make a statement based on two playoff games is frighting as if those to games were the only reel of tape on him. Lol .
Just try and admit say the words as a rams fan " yea man he has to get better he needs to be a superstar if he gets paid like one" I want Goff to succeed hence have the rams succeed that's all but if Goff can't then adios.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Lame try checking the last two years ..please take the Goff blinders off. Again people on this board want to see Goff perform above and beyond anyone's expectations I have pulled for him and I will continue to pull for him as long as he dawns a rams jersey but let's not use the numbers when it's convenient. The fact that you can even make a statement based on two playoff games is frighting as if those to games were the only reel of tape on him. Lol .
Just try and admit say the words as a rams fan " yea man he has to get better he needs to be a superstar if he gets paid like one" I want Goff to succeed hence have the rams succeed that's all but if Goff can't then adios.
Right, last 2 years...not that there isn’t anything that’s changed up front...btw, thanks for the pulse of the board update ;)

Not bringing this thread down any further, we see things differently and that’s just the way it is

Cheers

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Playoffs 2 games -zero

Am I wrong?

And no I didn't double down ...it would be like if I saw you post something I actually liked that you broke down that made sense for me ... how you broke it down maybe was verbalised better than the words I was going to use. See you call that parroting which in some cases it can be but I call it respect. It's ok to disagree but it's also ok to agree. Even if it comes from that evil media empire. And trust me I am not a fan of the media but I do respect and like to get all points of view especially when it's someone that actually played the game professionally.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all that's the same "testy" comment that anyone that dares to critique Goff gets hammered. And again it's implied that some of us do root for the player over the team.ease spare me have you ever heard of fantasy football that's the exact premise. Any post I make comes from my truth my opinion my observations which is what the board is for. It's shitty that people that say anything bad about one specific player for recent play have to prepare to defend themselves for an attack. Bottom line no matter how you cut it how much you smokescreen or how much you play both sides Goff is not worth his contract at this point so he needs to improve or if a better opportunity presents itself then yea he has to go if it improves "our rams"

You said "us," as in Rams fans. I'll pass on any other tortured reinterpretations of your comment so that you can avoid admitting you said exactly what your words convey. Talking shit in a vague manner so that you can disavow your comments later and accuse other people of "attack[ing]" you is weak sauce. Have a nice night. No point in going any further with this conversation.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Right, last 2 years...not that there isn’t anything that’s changed up front...btw, thanks for the pulse of the board update ;)

No bringing this thread down any further, we see things differently and that’s just the way it is

Cheers

Lol still testy and I understand but numbers don't lie and neither do results.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You said "us," as in Rams fans. I'll pass on any other tortured reinterpretations of your comment so that you can avoid admitting you said exactly what your words convey. Talking shit in a vague manner so that you can disavow your comments later and accuse other people of "attack[ing]" you is weak sauce. Have a nice night. No point in going any further with this conversation.

Course not because it's your p.o.v. or nothing. There was nothing vague about it either I believe it was quite forthright. Once again maybe this will make it easier an implication is an interpretation so if that's how you want to interpret it then that's your call. I say "us" a lot cause everyone on here like or dislike them we are an "us" but I guess I will need to be more careful in the future in how I imply things. Good night to you as well.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Seems to me he bunched over 50% of his turnovers in 3 games...

It could be argued that those 3 games would have given the Rams homefield advantage in the playoffs..
Possibly even a first round bye (idk i
I'd have to look at everything all over again).

Sooo then the Rams escape the brutality of a 1st round division rivalry playoff game and don't enter the next round beat up, worn out, and without Kupp or AD operating at 33% max capacity.

While only three games, those three games very well may have been the among the 4 most impactful losses Goff has ever had. 1 being the SB.

I am NOT a Goff hater. Please don't get me wrong. I love and believe in Goff. Just look at my post history. I also want to remain as objective as possible because it would be a disservice otherwise.

Goff played very bad in stretches, he also played very okay in stretches. I consider his play in the postseason to be great considering the thumb and circumstances. We may not have won because of him in Seattle, but we didn't win in spite of him either. Do you see what i mean there? Its not like we simply rode the D in that game. We surely didn't lose because of him, or the oline, in GB either.

We are a slightly above average center and an impact guard away from the Goff of 2017-2018.

It is a lot to expect of a man to go into Greenbay with a broken thumb, no Kupp, no time to disect a defense, basically no AD....and beat the most talented QB to ever play when he is behind an elite Oline and has the best receiver in the league to throw to or create mismatches elsewhere with....oh....and this dude AR has all of that in what is basically McVays scheme with some holdover from the west coast offense before Lefleur.

The playoffs, as with all games, are about matchups and we drew a crap hand.

I realistically just think that the post season goes much differently if Goff plays Ryan Tannehill-esque ball in those 3 aforementioned games.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
100% disagree with your second sentence, first how the heck can you make that statement with any authority, lol, I guess the great Aerosmith lyric “you gotta lose to know how to win” doesn’t resonate, to me that’s a very prophetic line.
All I was pointing out was that Goff WAS making decisions at the line of scrimmage all season. In response to you saying he should be doing just that. In his worst games he was missing rushers in his pre-snap reads and as always with him when he gets pressure he struggles to see and sticks on his reads.

So it doesn't make sense to try to put more on the kid at the LOS as if allowing him to tap into some creative source would make him a better QB. He's gonna need another camp and some heat under his ass from the roster and maybe he'll get it all put together and show that growth that McVay is looking for.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is nothing new to say here. There’s the Goff can do no wrong group. The Goff can do no right group. The Goff has been doing wrong but will turn it around group. And the Goff has been doing wrong and won’t turn it around group. And everyone is just flinging shit.

During the season it was one thing but are we really gonna have the same stale conversation all off-season while no new data is being interjected??

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
There is nothing new to say here. There’s the Goff can do no wrong group. The Goff can do no right group. The Goff has been doing wrong but will turn it around group. And the Goff has been doing wrong and won’t turn it around group. And everyone is just flinging shit.

During the season it was one thing but are we really gonna have the same stale conversation all off-season while no new data is being interjected??
The accuracy of this is 100%. We'll keep beating the dead horse and nothing will change.

He's either here next year, or not whether we like it, or not.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This topic has the same feel as the old CoVID thread... nothing but speculation. Every page reads the same.

It will die down if people wear out. Until then it’s circle talk for those that enjoy the torture. lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The thing about a conversation is that you can leave it whenever you like though. I don't see why people have to enter a thread to complain about other people conversing ?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm all for competition. I simply don't agree with the people who want to dump Goff and move forward with replacement-level guys. IMO, they are overestimating McVay's abilities. And I'm a huge McVay guy. But he's not going to win like we have been with backup-caliber QBs.

I agree. Backup caliber quarterbacks are not going to make this team better. Goff's contract does complicate things. Unless a good quarterback falls in our laps our best course is sticking with Goff and try to see if he improves. At least for another year. Its not like they can't win with him. He's already proven he can play well enough to win games. If he doesn't improve, they can revisit the idea of moving on in a year or two when its not so prohibitive to trade or cut him. So many people want to move on. We could easily do worse.