The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Frankly, the level of play from when he got the extension for whatever reasons has declined alarmingly. And yes, OL and no deep threat are part of it.
I agree 2018 Jared Goff was worth this contract, 2020 Jared Goff not so much.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yyyyeeeahhhh I'm gonna bow out of all that. I made my feelings known.

I'm freaking out over the energy some of yall will spend on this topic haha

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
If 6.4 yards per attempt and 1 td is a good game...idk man. But this Mcvay clip is interesting. Only reason I posted.
It’s definitely interesting man, no doubt. Wasn’t directed at you, I just hate to see the board tear itself apart over this controversy is all. Cheers :beer2:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sounds like he said "he is the QB, right. If he says now it isn't very clear to me. There is always a lot of fuel thrown on the fire between them. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
The Ram's haven't been very successful at resigning their own players. We ate $30 mil ridding ourselves of Gurley and Cook's salary. If they do the same with Goff, somebody should be looking for a job.

TXRams86

The Infamous
If mcvay suddenly wants off the goff train then mcvay is also the issue. No way goff gets that extension if mcvay is not on board
I don't think he would go without being heavily criticized if he did end up moving on from Goff but I'll disagree that McVay is an issue - at this point. Yes I'm sure he had a hand to play in the Goff extension but we don't know how much. Part of growing as a leader is identifying and acknowledging that you made a bad decision, doing what you can to fix it and move on. As fans we can question whatever he ends up doing but we can do nothing but respect it at the end of the day.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that Goff played well today but this is how McVay answered the question tells you everything you need to know. He cannot be pleased with the entirety of Goff's last 2 years.

I was surprised when I saw Lindsay Thiry tweeting about this. How could Les and McVay not make a run at Watson? He came out today and asked the Texans to trade him.
I'd bet they talk to Houston. How far that goes idk.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I agree 2018 Jared Goff was worth this contract, 2020 Jared Goff not so much.
Yep. Exactly how I feel. Even 2017 and bits of 2019. For whatever reason, he's just regressed alarmingly.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I don't think he would go without being heavily criticized if he did end up moving on from Goff but I'll disagree that McVay is an issue - at this point. Yes I'm sure he had a hand to play in the Goff extension but we don't know how much. Part of growing as a leader is identifying and acknowledging that you made a bad decision, doing what you can to fix it and move on. As fans we can question whatever he ends up doing but we can do nothing but respect it at the end of the day.
Fair enough but i think mcvay had a major say. And if he backs off that is a major miscalculation

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And it happened. Also it worked out
It doesn't mean it wasn't stupid to put that much dead cap space on this year and next year. It also doesn't mean giving out those contracts wasn't stupid as well. If McVay and Snead are in any way responsible for the Cooks and Goff contracts then advocate the year after signing players to those contracts they need to be far away from contracts in the future. We have a disturbing run of big money contracts then getting rid of the players. In a way it's worse than the stupidity that the Saints and Eagles are doing with their cap.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I would imagine that the quarterback question is the last thing on McVay's mind after watching his number one defense drop a big turd on Lambeau field.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alex Smith played well enough in Kansas City but Andy knew his limitations were hard to overcome. IDK. This will be a long off-season.
Alex Smith was entering his age 33 season, had only non guaranteed money left and couldn’t win playoff games with KC (1-4 record)
How is that is even remotely comparable to Goff?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya Think Cooks could have helped this years team?
What are the 2 big complaints about this years offense? OLine and a deep threat. I think Cooks would have helped a lot. The problem becomes though we used that pick for Cam Akers. So could we have got him at 57? Maybe or we could have traded up but that lessens our draft pool.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I like Goff, but I also understand you cant expect to have the #1 offensive line year in and year out, and Goff is a guy who needs that at all times it seems.