The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Sounds like he said, "He's the QB, Greg." But who knows.

The question came from Bill Plaschke...and he clearly says "right..."

Could be nothing but it's interesting none the less given how Goff played 2day.

TexasRam

Legend
I honestly don't see how anybody watches that game and doesn't see the obvious.

The Green bay offensive line completely dominated our Dlinemen.

The Rams Offensive line was swiss cheese in pass protection.

When Goff has a line almost as good as the Green bay line he lead the high flying top offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I been a big Goff guy, but he's been off and causing too many turnovers all season
Only 3 turnovers in his last 6 games. 2 of which obviously playoff games. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be expected that he keeps the turnovers down

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Whit was good in the run game this past two weeks but he was exposed with bull rushes today, I'm assuming because he couldn't properly set with his knee not quite back full yet. It was a clever bit of scheming by the packers to put Gary (big strong power type rusher) on to whit and let him bull rush.

I actually feel better about the O-line than I thought I would. I saw enough from Noteboom to not be terrified about the prospect of him starting there long term. I like Edwards a lot. This O's biggest need is a deep threat and not necessarily on the O-line IMO.

A few were concerned pre season about that inside LB depth and I think that's been borne out. We need to upgrade there. We also need to get Terrel Lewis healthy because we cant keep relying on Donald to provide literally all of the pass rush.
I think they need a more stout C. Too often Blythe is pushed right into Goff's grill.

They have 4 picks in rounds 2-3
Give me a C, interior pass rusher, speed WR, and a CB or MLB.

Add a speedy RB to compliment Akers later in the draft... And hopefully one of those picks can be a returner.

Offense needs to get faster, more athletic, and better at pass pro.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The dude just played 2 playoff games on the road with a broken thumb and no turnovers. Threw a couple TD passes. I think McVay is fine with what he’s got at QB

I dunno.I’m good with Goff, but McVay is very intentional and for him to say whathe said is a HUGE red flag. The Rams media clearly was taken aback. This was NOT a typical McVay answer. Whether it was just losing the game or more, we’ll find out, but it’s gonna be a BIG question until it ain’t.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno.I’m good with Goff, but McVay is very intentional and for him to say whathe said is a HUGE red flag. The Rams media clearly was taken aback. This was NOT a typical McVay answer. Whether it was just losing the game or more, we’ll find out, but it’s gonna be a BIG question until it ain’t.
Meh. I need to see the whole conversation and not just a cut off sound byte.
They’ve been shit kicking Goff all season, so I don’t see why they stop now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The big thing that McVay saw from Rodgers that we haven’t had for awhile and needed is the off-schedule play.

Also, normally, if a player had played as well as Goff played, McVay would be effusive in his praise. I’ve never heard McVay this lukewarm about any player eval, including when someone played poorly.

So, I dunno if there’s a Goff Watch, but McVay sure opened up the door to a TON of speculation.

TXRams86

The Infamous
The big thing that McVay saw from Rodgers that we haven’t had for awhile and needed is the off-schedule play.

Also, normally, if a player had played as well as Goff played, McVay would be effusive in his praise. I’ve never heard McVay this lukewarm about any player eval, including when someone played poorly.

So, I dunno if there’s a Goff Watch, but McVay sure opened up the door to a TON of speculation.
McVay also saw an offense that was very similar to what we ran in 2017 and 2018. I'm sure it pisses him off knowing what his system is capable of but, for whatever reason, he can't seem to get back to. Is that, as many have speculated, because he has had to simplify the offense for Goff? Who knows at this point but his comments on the future of the QB position is interesting.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Hope that's not the case. Thought Goff played well enough to win. O line and D did not.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
89a17d8e55bdb57f1de79e14bb7f4c30.jpg

Shuie3225

Starter
The fact that Goff played well today but this is how McVay answered the question tells you everything you need to know. He cannot be pleased with the entirety of Goff's last 2 years.

I was surprised when I saw Lindsay Thiry tweeting about this. How could Les and McVay not make a run at Watson? He came out today and asked the Texans to trade him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I started to turn on him at the end of the season as well. He completely flipped me again with his gutsy play in Sea followed by a really good game in GB. He has my faith again. Way to go JG!
You gave up on Ewe's boy?!?! SONOFA
44Pip7X.gif

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Guy has a good game and we already have two Goff threads. I’m not saying he is above criticism or that he will be back next season. But damn, can’t we let the dust settle before we are at each others throats over this again...

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
If mcvay suddenly wants off the goff train then mcvay is also the issue. No way goff gets that extension if mcvay is not on board

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope that's not the case. Thought Goff played well enough to win. O line and D did not.
Alex Smith played well enough in Kansas City but Andy knew his limitations were hard to overcome. IDK. This will be a long off-season.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I don't care what anyone says I absolutely love the accountability that our coach holds players to from the top of the roster all the way to the bottom. All I know is if you're on this team you better not get too comfortable with your place on this team and become complacent because anyone and everyone is replaceable.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
If mcvay suddenly wants off the goff train then mcvay is also the issue. No way goff gets that extension if mcvay is not on board
Frankly, the level of play from when he got the extension for whatever reasons has declined alarmingly. And yes, OL and no deep threat are part of it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guy has a good game and we already have two Goff threads. I’m not saying he is above criticism or that he will be back next season. But damn, can’t we let the dust settle before we are at each others throats over this again...
If 6.4 yards per attempt and 1 td is a good game...idk man. But this Mcvay clip is interesting. Only reason I posted.