The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think their intent was to cover every problem we've had on offense. Just two guys talking ball and the reason they're talking QB perspective is because Orlovsky was one. Also Orlovsky is generally very fair with Goff, if that's what you're alluding to. He texts him and shit.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s be real sure the oline was ranked middle of the road and that should be good enough .. but when it mattered most like 1st and 1

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think if you want to flex a TE out wide or focus him in the pattern then Hopkins is a better bet for some consistent numbers next season and I say that knowing only what he showed in college. Higs is just a good all-around TE. But you can nullify him without too much problem in coverage. He lacks shake 'n bake but has good speed so his biggest threat IMO is on wheel route, deep shot types of plays and on occasion.

If the Rams don't like Hopkins (which is possible given his lack of play this season) then they might go after a TE this year in the draft. Honestly I hope they draft a good passing game threat period could be a TE or a WR. And if it's a TE focus on the guys who can option route defenders. Adding a real option route threat would give this offense a huge boost.

I honestly am curious: if we do trade a Cooper Kupp/Robert Woods for a high second, would you be interested in Pat Freieirmuth? He reminds me of Gronkowski. I'm serious. Only issue I see are injury issues, but Gronk had them, too - worse, actually, since it was his back - and he turned out fine.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly am curious: if we do trade a Cooper Kupp/Robert Woods for a high second, would you be interested in Pat Freieirmuth? He reminds me of Gronkowski. I'm serious. Only issue I see are injury issues, but Gronk had them, too - worse, actually, since it was his back - and he turned out fine.
You don’t trade kupp Or woods IMO they are the only thing that makes our O go

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good thing his name is easy to google because I had to look him up. Not tuned in at all with the draft class yet unfortunately but what I'm thinking is that hitting on a TE could really help us out.

If that dude is anything like Gronk sign me up. :beer2::cool:

Memento

Name
Jemma
You don’t trade kupp Or woods IMO they are the only thing that makes our O go

Kupp has also had significant injury issues and is under a three year contract.

I'm just stating hypotheticals as well; I'd rather not lose Kupp/Woods, but if we could get a talent like Freiermuth, it would be worth it. And then you still have Akers, Henderson, Woods/Kupp, Jefferson, Higbee (maybe Hopkins), and a drafted wide receiver or two to help the offense hum on all cylinders; it would just mean more 12 personnel.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
It's a good thing his name is easy to google because I had to look him up. Not tuned in at all with the draft class yet unfortunately but what I'm thinking is that hitting on a TE could really help us out.

If that dude is anything like Gronk sign me up. :beer2::cool:

Penn State. Set records for touchdowns when it came to tight ends. @Elmgrovegnome probably knows more about him than I do, but if we got him, I'd be stoked.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And btw... Kupp has sort of been like a TE in McVay's attack. So if they trade him that might expedite their interest in that position.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's fun thinking about Deshaun.. but he ends up in either MIA or SF.

We don't have the draft capital or assets to pull it off.

No Trade Clause.

That's the only reason he hasn't already been traded to Miami. SF doesn't really have the assets, either, certainly not enough to compete with Miami...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Teams can't make trades until the new league year starts.

I just meant a trade in spirit... where basically, it's a done deal and only executed once the new league year starts.

We've seen those trades before. No one signs a multiyear, record setting contract the first DAY of the league new year with all the Is dotted and Ts crossed, with every addendum and change perfected... these are contracts that can take weeks or longer to write and rewrite... which means that teams are doing business prior and everyone just sorta looks the other way because it's good for both the teams and players.

I get what you're saying, tho.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Penn State. Set records for touchdowns when it came to tight ends. @Elmgrovegnome probably knows more about him than I do, but if we got him, I'd be stoked.
I hate to risk hijacking this important QB conversation but holy shit. You know I am not a fan of highlight vids but look at the hit he fucking puts on the DB on the second play on this video... You bet your ass I'd like some of that in our offense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IrOBcAJ_-w

Memphis Ram

Legend
I just meant a trade in spirit... where basically, it's a done deal and only executed once the new league year starts.

We've seen those trades before. No one signs a multiyear, record setting contract the first DAY of the league new year with all the Is dotted and Ts crossed, with every addendum and change perfected... these are contracts that can take weeks or longer to write and rewrite... which means that teams are doing business prior and everyone just sorta looks the other way because it's good for both the teams and players.

I get what you're saying, tho.

I guess that may have happened before, but I can't recall an instance this early. Not before the Super Bowl and their still being coaching slots not filled.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another thing re: Frieraerramooth... Notice how many arcing balls that QB throws. He can track the ball in flight and adjust his route that would be nice too lol.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I can't see him getting out of the first round though. That dude looks like a first round talent though yes that was a highlight vid.

He is. It's just that he's had a plethora of injuries, and it's a strong class. Gronk was a first round talent as well; he just had a lot of injuries knock him down. I'm not saying Freiermuth is going to make it to our pick in the second, but if we traded Kupp to a team with a high second round draft pick, we could legitimately target Freiermuth.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean season before last higbee had the best 4-5 game stretch of any TE in history ? .. sure be nice if we could get him out on more routes instead of blocking and I’m not sure that big ol arm brace he was wearing was helpful
Maybe the best 4-5 game stretch in Rams history, doubt that was a league record.
Sadly, it is becoming more and more apparent that stretch was by far an outlier. Never had a 100 yard before, and hasnt come close since

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Higbee's production has been a casualty of the OL situation.

If McVay wasn't having to max protect so often, Higbee could be out on more routes.