The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I have a pretty good feeling many others on this board are talking about Goff and McVay.......

Than Goff and McVay are talking about each other.

:biggrin:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Moving Goff now would be the ultimate "sell low" moment. The dude can be a game changer. We've seen it many times. He isn't Aaron Roders but how many are?? I think he's in for a huge bounce back year, if we can ever figure out offensive line out. I'll never forgive the front office for letting Saffold walk in his prime. Don't. Skimp. On. The. O-line. A Pro Bowl level guard, who can play multiple positions on the line at a high level, cannot be let to walk unless he's asking for money completely beyond his market value, which Saffold wasn't. Find the cap room elsewhere. You win in the trenches. Especially when your QB is a pocket passer. Good grief.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Lol, you guys are being played and ya don’t even know it.

Goff ain’t going anywhere, pretty sure McVay is trying to get his attention to maybe spend more time in the film room or whatever it is he needs to do, let him bring in competition, it’s a good thing

Thats my final and only comment, time will reveal

Out

Maybe. Maybe not. Not sure if it were on this board or not, but last year about this time neither Gurley or Cooks were going anywhere either according to many.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Goff's worst year under McVay is better than Darnold's best year in the NFL. Why would we even entertain that trade?
Rookie Contract, be cheaper. New start out of a garbage organization and an actual coach.

I didn't day it was a great idea, I just said it was an idea.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Maybe. Maybe not. Not sure if it were on this board or not, but last year about this time neither Gurley or Cooks were going anywhere either according to many.
Apples to Oranges, surely you know this but if not...

Gurley was clearly compromised from what he once was, a blind man could see this

Cooks was a liability due to repeated concussions, we were damn lucky to get a 2 for him, turned out it’s was Van Jefferson

Now you can be critical of Goff to your hearts content, we all know you were a Wentz guy, please don’t lower yourself to denial...you never were in his corner, no biggie there, but to close the book on him at 26, wasn’t that about Peyton Manning’s age when Mora let loose with his PLAYOFFS rant? It’s probably a good thing they didn’t give up on him (and no I’m not comparing the two just their career paths) as I see it, they basically are the same type of QB, the one’s that take a little longer to develop, but of course I’m sure you know this.

If you can’t see what’s changed on the Rams Offense since that Rousing win over the Chiefs, then I have no desire to tell you, but placing all the blame on Goff is laughable

Minchew, Wolford and Perkins your answer, good lord man.

Now I’m really out, just thought I’d give you the courtesy

Cheers

Edit, my take on Goff and McVays so-called disappointment has everything to do with putting in the time...damn model girlfriend (and I’m not even joking) my guess is he responds well to this wake up call

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rookie Contract, be cheaper. New start out of a garbage organization and an actual coach.

I didn't day it was a great idea, I just said it was an idea.

I don't like the idea. We have a two-time Pro Bowl QB who helped us make the Super Bowl just two years ago. He has led us to ZERO losing seasons under McVay, the playoffs in three out of four years, and three top 10 offenses in four years. Why would we swap that guy for a QB who looks like a bust after his first three years? I get that the Jets have put him in a terrible situation with a bad HC, but that doesn't mean that Darnold also isn't part of the problem.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Moving Goff now would be the ultimate "sell low" moment. The dude can be a game changer. We've seen it many times. He isn't Aaron Roders but how many are?? I think he's in for a huge bounce back year, if we can ever figure out offensive line out. I'll never forgive the front office for letting Saffold walk in his prime. Don't. Skimp. On. The. O-line. A Pro Bowl level guard, who can play multiple positions on the line at a high level, cannot be let to walk unless he's asking for money completely beyond his market value, which Saffold wasn't. Find the cap room elsewhere. You win in the trenches. Especially when your QB is a pocket passer. Good grief.
Apparently this goes over people's heads.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Over the past few years I’ve watched my QB lead my team back against the hated Saints in one of the most hostile environments to get us to a Super Bowl, play a memorable game against the Vikings, outduel Majomes on Monday night football and this year witness him play 2 weeks after breaking his thumb to beat one of our heated rivals and knock them out of the playoffs and....and..... people are actually proposing that we trade Cooper Kupp to bring in Gordon Fucking Minshew ...yeah I’ll say that again Gordon Fucking Minshew from the one and only powerhouse Jacksonville Jaguars as an alternative to our starting QB?

All I have to say is get the hell out of here with that dumb shit. Freaking insulting.

Shuie3225

Starter
I hope they're both pissed at the world. I hope they both use this off-season to figure out how to get revenge against the world by ripping through the NFL next year on their way to a Super Bowl win.

Losing the super bowl wouldn't light a fire for 2019?? Losing the Super Bowl, then following it up with a sub par year where you miss the playoffs wouldn't motivate you for 2020??

We can make all the excuses in the world we want for Goff. The excuses peoole used last year (bad OL and no running game) were both fixed in 2020 yet the offense and passing game stayed the same. Expecting there to be "more" motivation that comes from this is foolish. If you need things to happen around you to motivate you, then you're not a true competitor. And I think McVay is finally realizing he can't get to where he wants to be with Goff.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Losing the super bowl wouldn't light a fire for 2019?? Losing the Super Bowl, then following it up with a sub par year where you miss the playoffs wouldn't motivate you for 2020??

We can make all the excuses in the world we want for Goff. The excuses peoole used last year (bad OL and no running game) were both fixed in 2020 yet the offense and passing game stayed the same. Expecting there to be "more" motivation that comes from this is foolish. If you need things to happen around you to motivate you, then you're not a true competitor. And I think McVay is finally realizing he can't get to where he wants to be with Goff.
We are still searching for replacements for saffold/sully. So how can you say they "fixed" the oline? This oline isnt even close to the unit in 17/18. Saying this offense needs strong oline play isnt a "excuse" its stating the obvious

Shuie3225

Starter
We are still searching for replacements for saffold/sully. So how can you say they "fixed" the oline? This oline isnt even close to the unit in 17/18. Saying this offense needs strong oline play isnt a "excuse" its stating the obvious

Compared to 2019 the line was night and day better. Thats what Im talking about. People blamed bad OL and no running game for Goff's bad play last year.

This year both were improved upon big time yet Goff plays even worse than last year. Its sickening how many excuses are made for Goff and its obvious McVay is more than frustrated with his play. To the point now where he wont even commit to him being on the roster next year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Compared to 2019 the line was night and day better. Thats what Im talking about. People blamed bad OL and no running game for Goff's bad play last year.

This year both were improved upon big time yet Goff plays even worse than last year. Its sickening how many excuses are made for Goff and its obvious McVay is more than frustrated with his play. To the point now where he wont even commit to him being on the roster next year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings
Lol are you serious dude. The oline was ranked 31st last year...31st. Only one team was worse so I would hope the oline would get better but it's still isnt even close to the unit we had in 17/18. Saying the oline isnt close to the unit in 17/18 isnt a excuse. It's a fact.