The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm listening to the new Mcvay presser now. The biggest take for me:

He was asked "is there any way that you can see Jared not on this roster next year?"\

Mcvay: Well like I said we're evaluating everything and I can't really answer those questions until I step back and evaluate everything".

WOW (link below. Time stamp is 11:20)

Wouser that's rough.....I have never heard a coach say that and keep the qb or the player they are being asked about. That's hard to hear seems ominous very ominous.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff also had some throws yesterday that 'Aikman' types would be slobbering over if it was their guy. . . But since it was Goff it was a good throw and a great catch.

thank god we didn't have to endure buck and aikman yesterday. i really liked the announcers for the game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We'll see what happens. If we do get rid of Goff, I'm hoping for one of Sam Howell or Desmond Ridder next year; I doubt we get rid of Goff this year.

And before anyone says, "Deshaun Watson", I'll say, "In your fuckin' dreams."

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Goff-McVay relationship has clearly soured...but that behemoth contract will stop McVay from manoeuvring freely. Maybe they get some couples counselling over the off-season, and we put some pieces around Jared to help him succeed. Who knows...

And maybe McVay and Snead will learn from their mistakes of signing certain players to egregious contracts that inhibit the team.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouser that's rough.....I have never heard a coach say that and keep the qb or the player they are being asked about. That's hard to hear seems ominous very ominous.
Writing is definitely on the wall

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven’t read the entirety of the 22 pages of this thread ... but it confuses the hell out of me that here are arguing about our QB who since he was named full time starter 4 years ago hasn’t had a losing season been to the playoffs 3 out of those 4 years played in a Super Bowl is streaking up the rams qb all time win list is 30 something and 0 when leading at the half

Did goff have a great year this ..not really in fact he had some truly shit show performances get him a better o line and a deep threat and 2018 goff will be back

Shuie3225

Starter
I haven’t read the entirety of the 22 pages of this thread ... but it confuses the hell out of me that here are arguing about our QB who since he was named full time starter 4 years ago hasn’t had a losing season been to the playoffs 3 out of those 4 years played in a Super Bowl is streaking up the rams qb all time win list is 30 something and 0 when leading at the half

Did goff have a great year this ..not really in fact he had some truly shit show performances get him a better o line and a deep threat and 2018 goff will be back

Well it shouldn't confuse you too much, all this was brought on by McVay in the past two days. Goff played well vs GB, but after the game in his postgame media session, McVay was asked if he's still his QB..and McVay responded with "he's the QB right now." And it sent all our beat writers into a frenzy and at least 4 of them were taken aback and tweeting about it.

So today during McVays media session, he was asked to acknowledge those comments about Goff being the QB "right now". And asked if there was any chance that Goff would not be on the roster next year, and McVay responded with "well like I said we're evaluating everything, and I can't really answer those questions right now, until we step back and evaluate everything."

People were wondering why McVay didnt give Goff an endorsement to be the starting QB Saturday night..and he could have silenced that today when asked to address those comments but instead followed it up Sunday not even committing to Goff being on the roster next year.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it shouldn't confuse you too much, all this was brought on by McVay in the past two days. Goff played well vs GB, but after the game in his postgame media session, McVay was asked if he's still his QB..and McVay responded with "he's the QB right now." And it sent all our beat writers into a frenzy and at least 4 of them were taken aback and tweeting about it.

So today during McVays media session, he was asked to acknowledge those comments about Goff being the QB "right now". And asked if there was any chance that Goff would not be on the roster next year, and McVay responded with "well like I said we're evaluating everything, and I can't really answer those questions right now, until we step back and evaluate everything."

People were wondering why McVay didnt give Goff an endorsement to be the starting QB Saturday night..and he could have silenced that today when asked to address those comments but instead followed it up Sunday not even committing to Goff being on the roster next year.

Mcvay also told us that Gurley was healthy all year and that the terminator will be ready to go .. the only thing I believe about mcvay is don’t believe a word he says in pressers

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We'll see what happens. If we do get rid of Goff, I'm hoping for one of Sam Howell or Desmond Ridder next year; I doubt we get rid of Goff this year.

And before anyone says, "Deshaun Watson", I'll say, "In your fuckin' dreams."
Ridder is not entering the draft this year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Ridder is not entering the draft this year.

I said next year. We're likely keeping Goff this year; we have far too much dead money to release him or trade him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
True just wanted your take. I don't know what the cap will be in assuming it will remain the same. Washington? The Jets? (They definitely have the money and what a bonus to have all those picks and not use them on a qb. I'd probably run a team into the ground but if I were I'm charge of the jets opportunity like this doesn't present itself often assuming the cowgirls do not franchise him. The jets get a qb have plenty of money left to build and then all those picks. Talk about riches lol
It's not like Dak has played well when his OL wasn't.... So still need to improve your pass protection.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I said next year. We're likely keeping Goff this year; we have far too much dead money to release him or trade him.
Agree.... Don't burn a good pick this yr on a mediocre prospect. If they still feel they need a QB, go all in for the 22' draft where they will have the assets to move up and target a guy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Agree.... Don't burn a good pick this yr on a mediocre prospect. If they still feel they need a QB, go all in for the 22' draft where they will have the assets to move up and target a guy.

My thoughts exactly.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I get this trend of having a mobile QB that racks up almost as many yards as the RB and has lots of tricks up his sleeve.
McVay certainly saw something in Wolford or it's more likely he had no choice with Goff being injured.
I think if McVay wanted one of these rushing QB's then I do believe he would have benched Goff earlier in the season and gave Wolford a go.
All said and done, I prefer a pocket passer.
There might be a time when we question Mahomes longevity

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Mcvay also told us that Gurley was healthy all year and that the terminator will be ready to go .. the only thing I believe about mcvay is don’t believe a word he says in pressers

Yeah the injury denial annoys me. Makes me think he's okay when I could tell otherwise. You don't run to the locker room twice if nothing is wrong or it's just a ding. It ended up being serious enough to hinder his play big time. Like I was saying before, it's almost like Youngblood playing with a broken leg. He's in there, but he's not himself. Not even close.

And as strong and as much of a workout warrior he is injuries happen to everyone in the NFL. I give credit to AD for being the iron man that he has been, but bodybuilder types are just as susceptible to injury in a rough sport. As a long time lifter myself I played football in HS but have always really tried to avoid putting myself in positions where I'd need to skip working out for a period of time because of injuries. If this means cutting out the rough stuff or an avoidance to hoist things beyond my strength limits then so be it. I've been lucky in that sense that I can still go at my age with nothing injuty-related holding me back. That all being said we just found out AD is human like everyone else. It was just really bad timing to be human in this case after a season's worth of great super-human play.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I read a few items on here regarding Dak Prescott. Can we stop with this nonsense already. Prescott would be carrying Goff’s football helmet to practice if they were on the same team. The talent level isn’t even close. Take a peek at the talent level on the offensive side of the ball for the Cowboys- any QB would drool to QB that team and if Goff had that talent he would put up MVP numbers and on the flip side if Dak played with the talent we have on offense we wouldn’t even make the playoffs.

Sure hope McVay knows what he’s doing because if he really wants Goff out and I’m Kroenke I’m calling him and Snead into my office and ask them why they keep pissing away my money.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a thought. Maybe a Goff for Wentz trade? The old "change of scenery" move.
Wentz isn’t half as durable as goff because of his play style ... no point trading for a QB who can’t stay on the field

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Watch the game bud.
I have seen it and the rest of the last two years. Goff is not a great QB, he has had some games where he is balling but he’s also had games that show he will never carry a team.

He was not great Saturday, Rodgers completely out classed him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have seen it and the rest of the last two years. Goff is not a great QB, he has had some games where he is balling but he’s also had games that show he will never carry a team.

He was not great Saturday, Rodgers completely out classed him.
Guys like Aaron Rodgers don't grow on trees.

And as I pointed out previously, as great as Rodgers is, he has been to one SB. Shows you can't sell off have your teams picks abd mortgage your future gir a WB and still expect to win especially when you trade for a QB already making big money.

Give it a go in 21' and fix your OL, add a deep threat, and see what Goff does with the added pressure/ competition to improve. And remember, he is only 26.

If he doesn't improve, then go draft a guy in 22'.