The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Wasnt there a time this season where Goff audibled out of a play and McVay was clearly upset? Or am I imagining things?
I seem to recall something like that. I want to say it was a goal-to-go situation too.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tells me Wolford and Perkins aren't the answer because they're already on the roster. He said he wants more competition and if two guys on the roster now don't provide that sounds like he'll bring somebody in for their spots to compete.
Well unless he's genuinely talking about an iron sharpens iron situation, I find it strange that he didn't say anything reassuring about Goff when asked. Yesterday he said "he's our qb right now" and today he said "we're evaluating every position". If Goff is his guy he certainly did nothing to make that clear.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I'm not actually. And last year thier line was awful. And I said that, like them, we should commit to doing the same
So the only difference between 2019 and 2020 for the Browns is the oline? Good to know.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to mention, he could've said "Goff is my guy but I wanna add depth at the position". He didn't say that. In fact he hasn't said anything secure about Goff in a long time

I imagine McVay is frustrated with answering the same question over and over.

A lot of people reading between the lines and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Goff wasn't a problem at all yesterday, but the first questions that came up was Goff. Go to websites like yardbarker and Goff is on the front page and the loss is being thrown on him.

I gotta give Goff some credit, he takes more bullshit than any player in this league but has maintained his composure.
If Goff isn't their guy, the whole front office and coach have a lot of explaining to do given they gave him a league record contract two years before they had to. When Goff had a good line he made the Pro Bowl. Sure he isn't Rodgers, but how many people in the history of the league are?
The front office and the coach decided to pay Goff, now it's up to them to make it work.
How much of Stan's money are they going to waste before he cleans house?

I hope this isn't how we spend our whole offseason.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the only difference between 2019 and 2020 for the Browns is the oline? Good to know.
No. But it's a major part. I'm exhausted of this. Your original argument was so pointless that now you're just going in circles. Have a good day. Talk next season.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine McVay is frustrated with answering the same question over and over.

A lot of people reading between the lines and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Goff wasn't a problem at all yesterday, but the first questions that came up was Goff. Go to websites like yardbarker and Goff is on the front page and the loss is being thrown on him.

I gotta give Goff some credit, he takes more bullshit than any player in this league but has maintained his composure.
If Goff isn't their guy, the whole front office and coach have a lot of explaining to do given they gave him a league record contract two years before they had to. When Goff had a good line he made the Pro Bowl. Sure he isn't Rodgers, but how many people in the history of the league are?
The front office and the coach decided to pay Goff, now it's up to them to make it work.
How much of Stan's money are they going to waste before he cleans house?

I hope this isn't how we spend our whole offseason.
I'm sure this will be all off-season lol. But again, if Mcvay is tired of all the speculation he could've just ended it today. Instead he ignited flames.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. But it's a major part. I'm exhausted of this. Your original argument was so pointless that now you're just going in circles. Have a good day. Talk next season.
Its exhausting that you insist on arguing despite agreeing with what I said. I am not going in any circles. Cleveland has had great oline play for years, pro bowl players almost every year.
And they sucked every year until this year.
Not because they improved the oline, because they have a decent coach

Memphis Ram

Legend
Tells me Wolford and Perkins aren't the answer because they're already on the roster. He said he wants more competition and if two guys on the roster now don't provide that sounds like he'll bring somebody in for their spots to compete.

Not if they were never given the opportunity to compete.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure this will be all off-season lol. But again, if Mcvay is tired of all the speculation he could've just ended it today. Instead he ignited flames.
He didn't do much to ignite flames, like I said, a lotta of people are reading between the lines.
If, this same old back and forth goes on all offseason, this won't be a place to spend time.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
McVay was asked today about his comments yesterday, and to clarify the "QB right now" chatter. Rodrigue just tweeted his response 2day, this was specifically how he answered the question about his Goff comment:

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350942833704902660?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350943130334490628?s=20

He definitely didn’t walk back his comments. If I’m Goff I’m pissed right now, which adds to the thought he may he gone. Wild. Reminds me of the weirdness of the offseason after the SB witb gurley.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He scored 10 points, fewer than Goff put up yesterday.

And I am not saying Goff is as good as Josh Allen, but don't bitch about the 18 points Goff put up, then lionize Allen for a 10 point output.

People, man.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't do much to ignite flames, like I said, a lotta of people are reading between the lines.
If, this same old back and forth goes on all offseason, this won't be a place to spend time.
but he did , by not deading the issue. He gave a politically correct dance about answer. He was asked specifically about Goff and he dodged the question. If the reporter had said "hey, Donald will be 30 this year. Is he still gonna be the cornerstone of your defense?", he probably would have responded "wtf, yes" (or something of the sort lol. All he had to do was say "yes Goff is our qb". This will likely die down in the offseason, heat up with Waston watch, die down again, heat up during draft time, and officially die again if nothing happens after that.

MachS

Hall of Fame
He definitely didn’t walk back his comments. If I’m Goff I’m pissed right now, which adds to the thought he may he gone. Wild. Reminds me of the weirdness of the offseason after the SB witb gurley.

Yea it's pretty wild. But the interesting thing as others have pointed out in regards to the Gurley situation, is McVay never made anything public to the media. Never criticized him, never called him out..and then one day Gurley was just cut. His tone has not been the same lately with Goff to the media. Its definitely an interesting development.

jacktheripper85

Starter

C’mon man. Our QB has the 2nd most wins of any QB in the NFL the last few years, played in a Super Bowl, just played 2 games with screws in his thumb and that’s the “vote of confidence “ he gets from his coach?

Doesn’t sound to me based on his comments the last 2 days that MvVay wants the conversation about his starting QB going away.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Lamar only managed three points and so far today Baker isn't lighting it up either. Playoff football is different. Normally. It is tough to score on playoff caliber defenses.

The packers didn't seem to have any problems scoring points.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have no doubt we will. I still think it's going to be hard for us to make it happen unless Deshaun ties their hands or Miami isn't interested.
You would have to gut your team and mortgage the future for QB who has a big deal, and has already had an ACL injury.

And I say gut your team because you don't have a top 50 pick this year so to compete with teams that have top ten picks, you would be trading...

everyone.jpg

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I seem to recall something like that. I want to say it was a goal-to-go situation too.
I also recall that and it's going to really bother me until I figure it out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Maybe goff comes back with an Aaron Rodgers “fuck you” type of season next year

And maybe McVay's words were dropped to elicit that kind of reaction.

No matter who McVay wants to be his QB next year, the OL has to be better and certainly more consistent than this year. Some think we can get a mobile QB and that will negate the problem, but the situation in Seattle shows us otherwise. And it's a lot easier to fix an OL than it is to replace a QB.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Yea it's pretty wild. But the interesting thing as others have pointed out in regards to the Gurley situation, is McVay never made anything public to the media. Never criticized him, never called him out..and then one day Gurley was just cut. His tone has not been the same lately with Goff to the media. Its definitely an interesting development.
Putting a chip on his shoulder maybe? Only reason I think he would do it. I mean, why talk like this if you want to trade him you know.